Does CC use python?

TreeSapsTreeSaps Member
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Does CC use python? I know CC is a older game and python is a newer language. If they don't use python what do they use? C++? If your a developer would you consider using adding python?

Comments

• Moderators deal with social issues in the game. They do not help creat the game. That is the developers.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited June 2019
    TreeSaps said:

Does CC use python? I know CC is a older game and python is a newer language.

what.... python has almost 30 years....
  • TreeSaps said:

Does CC use python? I know CC is a older game and python is a newer language. If they don't use python what do they use? C++? If your a developer would you consider using adding python?

The game uses C++. I know this cause I've asked the same question in the past.
  • PentaPatataPentaPatata Member
    edited June 2019
    They cannot just add Python to a C++ based codes lol... Python is a very different language to C++ and switching to python is like starting over again with another language... yes they can add pythonic codes which is good cuz it makes the code more easy and simple than c++ but, it can also affect the c++ codes that is already programmed... Which may consume a very long time to fix... Instead of doing that, the developer is focused on making this game better with the language they are used to...
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Yeah this game is coded in C++
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    There is no python used in cubic -- though I sometimes use python to write quick utilities that I run from the command line to help me do things. Some programs use python as a scripting language, but cc has no embedded scripting and if we did ever add a feature like that I think we would probably use Lua as it's easier to integrate.
  • Guess fifa uses python then
  • They cannot just add Python to a C++ based codes lol... Python is a very different language to C++ and switching to python is like starting over again with another language... yes they can add pythonic codes which is good cuz it makes the code more easy and simple than c++ but, it can also affect the c++ codes that is already programmed... Which may consume a very long time to fix... Instead of doing that, the developer is focused on making this game better with the language they are used to...

Sorry I didn't know that, im very new to coding and just started learning. I learned some HTML and CSS, was just curious about what cc used.