Can we mine a whole forest mine?

Log_erLog_er Member
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Can we mine a whole forest mine? Well the typical forest mine has about 100,000 blocks in it. With both faster mining perks, mining 100,000 blocks would take about 27 hours and and 42 minutes. This I assuming you click on blocks for 27 hours straight without delays. Now if we had a team of... say 10, this would take about 2 hours and 42 minutes. I kind of want to clear and forest mine for a YouTube video... who's with me? Before anyone says no..... here are the perks:
  • lots of xp
  • lots of cubits (from mining)
  • chance of finding artifacts
  • you should get quite a few green dehydrated cubes
  • you can sell all the grass and dirt (90k dirt is worth 4.5k - 9k)
  • you can say you've cleared a forest mine completely and brag about it (I'll have proof in a vid)
  • you can level your pet's
Cons:
  • most likely your fingers will hurt
  • boredom
  • mindless clicking / tapping
  • wasting time (depends on the person)
Let me know if you'd want to help out!

Comments

• TacticalthTacticalth Member
    edited June 2019
    I'd like to since it's Saturday/Sunday and I got nothing to do-alsoiplayloke8hoursadaylol... soooo count me in!
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    I would like to help, cuz I want lvl up my Ostrich too
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    I'll probably do this next week... we need more people helping and I want to get streaming software set up.
  • Wrong.
    Even with 15-20 players, it still took me 4 hours + to complete it on stream.
    And at times the realm was full of miners too.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    LateCom said:

Wrong.
    Even with 15-20 players, it still took me 4 hours + to complete it on stream.
    And at times the realm was full of miners too.

My calculations didn't facor in any kind of human delay like laziness, breaks, or less mining speed
  • Averaged around 20+ players mining at the same time. Laziness takes out max 40% of people, cant be that everyone stopped mining at the same time XD
    also by the time we completed half the mine, the realm was full and everyone was mining full force XD
  • Well, of you need help, I'm always here :)
  • Im in!
  • LateCom said:

Averaged around 20+ players mining at the same time. Laziness takes out max 40% of people, cant be that everyone stopped mining at the same time XD
    also by the time we completed half the mine, the realm was full and everyone was mining full force XD

You forgot another factor which is lag. I don't know if you feel us with poor internet connection especially if tons of qbees at a mine? we would only be disconnected and lagged again and again. Yes I want to be in but only few of my close friends knew that I'm very lag.
  • I've seen a lot of ppl mine out a whole desert mine
  • count me in!
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    I'm currently working on getting my streaming software setup. What is a good time everyone can agree on?
  • Wait do you mean like mining just the top layer, or the whole thing? (Cuz that's hardcore)
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited June 2019

Wait do you mean like mining just the top layer, or the whole thing? (Cuz that's hardcore)

The whole thing. I plan to livestream it. I might start this tomorrow. If I do, I'll be streaming. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, The Cubic Log, you'll know when we start.
    @[BN]
    @-JustAlvin-
    @DsBerrypaw
    @Azsimuth
    @Horizoner304
  • Lol. Sounds like 'fun'. Guess you're Morgz huh...
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    LateCom said:

Lol. Sounds like 'fun'. Guess you're Morgz huh...

If you mean I'm copying you, I am not... this is something I've always wanted to do. I tried in the past but failed.
  • -JZ--JZ- Member
    edited June 2019
    And this time you might fail too...
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    [JZ] said:

And this time you might fail too...

Probably... but I just wanna see how far I can get
  • SarcoSarco Member
    ill try
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    Wait a minute...
    LateCom said:

Lol. Sounds like 'fun'. Guess you're Morgz huh...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah ok....
  • Lol. I streamed Cave Mine yesterday, Deep Forest 2 days ago, and Desert Mine 4 days ago. Don't know where you got the idea from, because I began it :)
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    LateCom said:

Lol. I streamed Cave Mine yesterday, Deep Forest 2 days ago, and Desert Mine 4 days ago. Don't know where you got the idea from, because I began it :)

I didn't even know xD
    I just assumed you got the idea from me
  • LateComLateCom Member
    edited June 2019
  • Log_erLog_er Member

• 'Dragon''Dragon' Member
    edited June 2019
    I know there’s thread that’s over 6 months old that had this idea in it. Give me a little bit to find it.

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited June 2019
    Can you guys quit fighting over who did what first
    Latecom is not the first one to try nor complete this "challenge" (???)
    Only because someone else also decides to do it, it doesn't mean that you're being copied, because you weren't the OG in the first place at all. And even if you were (not in this case) why would it matter? At most, you spread a trend among others. "Taking over" every possible mine doesn't mean anything. It's not even a thing lol.
    If this was about a new parkour trick or brand new section that can be used in other parkours, yes, there might've been some reason to complain over who copied what. But it's not the case, so pretty please drop it
    Some are simply too materialistic
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    Starting stream in about an hour from now.
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited June 2019
    I am now live. Check out my YouTube channel: The Cubic Log

I have started mining so if anyone wants to help add me and tp.

Edit: I've canceled the whole thing life is putting too much weight on my shoulders
  • SarcoSarco Member
    This is the aftermath of the failed attempt...

Bearing in mind there were like only 3 or 4 people consistently mining until the end we did fairly good
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    We are still going but no stream