Scared About Scams

TreeSapsTreeSaps Member
in General Chat 3.05 Karma
During my short time in the game many people have tried to scam me, no big deal, if your careful you will be fine. But today someone tried to scam me in a way that I had never seen before and it was concerning. They asked "Can I buy your wings for 8.5k". I thought that was a fair price and went to sell them. Then while in the cash register, I was dragging my wings into the cash register when he closed out the menu, trying to make me drop them on the ground so he can pick up. At first I thought it was accident. Then I released. This was just a bit concerning and thought I would share.
Scamming
  1. Has anyone tried to scam you?22 votes
    1. Yes
      81.82%
    2. No
      18.18%

Comments

• Eithy390Eithy390 Member
    3.35 Karma
    I mean did he wait for you to put the wings in first, or did he put the c in first?
  • TreeSapsTreeSaps Member
    3.05 Karma
    Eithy390 said:

I mean did he wait for you to put the wings in first, or did he put the c in first?

Wings first, I just clicked trade and went to put them in the reg when he clicked out.
  • Eithy390Eithy390 Member
    3.35 Karma
    How did you find out it was a attempted scam? I mean, how do you know it wasn't an accident, as you said it wasn't an accident.
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    22.15 Karma
    I don't think this counts as a scam considering that there is no proof it was on accident. If he intended on scamming, he would of told you to either drop or put it in reg and try to scam you. I usually accidentally close out of it, so this could all just be an accident.
  • LateComLateCom Member
    158.85 Karma
    there was once a guy who tried using trade in reg and was buying dark bottomless... then he secretly gave you perm (it was an empty realm) and if you misplaced it you were practically dead...
  • 27.60 Karma
    LateCom said:

there was once a guy who tried using trade in reg and was buying dark bottomless... then he secretly gave you perm (it was an empty realm) and if you misplaced it you were practically dead...

LOLOLOL! Noted! Thanks for tip late :D
  • LateComLateCom Member
    158.85 Karma
    that happened in 2017... long time ago
  • 27.60 Karma
    LateCom said:

that happened in 2017... long time ago

Wow old scam that i even dont know! Well it will be a note for us sellers to be more careful but buying stamps :D
    edited May 28 3.05 Karma

I don't think this counts as a scam considering that there is no proof it was on accident. If he intended on scamming, he would of told you to either drop or put it in reg and try to scam you. I usually accidentally close out of it, so this could all just be an accident.

I said stop it and he banned me.

3.05 Karma
    Also noone misclicks like 10 times
    3.05 Karma
    Eithy390 said:

How did you find out it was a attempted scam? I mean, how do you know it wasn't an accident, as you said it wasn't an accident.

I called him out on it and he banned me.
  • Ndplayz2468Ndplayz2468 Member
    26.80 Karma
    Oooooooh this was a trd going on in HIS realm. I thought it was ur realm.
  • Log_erLog_er FamiliarMember, Familiar
    74.95 KarmaFamiliar
    We need a click - click system. Instead of dragging the item in, we should be able to click an item in our inventory and click an open slot in the trade menu. It would then move the item.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumGame Moderator
    100.20 Karma
    Here is a little trick that could save you from accidently dropping your item.

Completely drag open your inventory. When the trade window pops up drag it over your inventory. That waybif the trade window closes(for whatever reason) your item wil drop back in to your inventory instead of out.
    3.05 Karma
    scorto7 said:

Completely drag open your inventory. When the trade window pops up drag it over your inventory. That waybif the trade window closes(for whatever reason) your item wil drop back in to your inventory instead of out.

Thats really smart, thanks for the tip!
    3.05 Karma
    Log_er said:

We need a click - click system. Instead of dragging the item in, we should be able to click an item in our inventory and click an open slot in the trade menu. It would then move the item.

Thats a great idea, you could recommend that.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    119.30 Karma
    If you have a cash register open, if you drag an item off of your inventory, and drop, it will go back to your inventory.
    They have this to make sure you won't accidentally drop anything.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumGame Moderator
    100.20 Karma
    JuIius said:

If you have a cash register open, if you drag an item off of your inventory, and drop, it will go back to your inventory.

That only happens when the item is already in the trade window slot.
  • 42.60 Karma
    scorto7 said:

JuIius said:

That only happens when the item is already in the trade window slot.
    Juluis is actually right. I have also noticed that the item doesn't fall right after the trade window has been closed. There is some kind of delay - Possibly a few seconds till you can drop it. The item comes back to your inventory if you drop it right after the trade window has been closed.
  • Log_erLog_er FamiliarMember, Familiar
    74.95 KarmaFamiliar
    scorto7 said:

How have I never thought of that
  • sdgamez3sdgamez3 Member
    56.95 Karma
    scorto7 said:

Won't work for me as my inventory is generally choked with items, but good tip