List your favourite retro games!

List your favourite retro games you played as a child (made before 2010 and can go as far back as you want!)

List the game it was and what you played it on, could even say why you liked the game if you want?

Mine?

Super Mario 64 DS (2004) - DS - Loved the game so much especially in family occasions where we could all whip out our DS' and battle eachother and sometimes it would make us fall out lmao.

What was your and why? (doesn't have to be DS it can be just a childhood game you LOVED on any console).

Comments

• SarcoSarco Member
    Pokemon: Explorers of Time (ds)
    i dunno it was just good .-.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited May 2019
    Super Mario All-Stars - 1993 (SNES) was my first console game and the most nostalgic, i don't have a "reason" because i mean, i had only snes with 3 games including it (Super mario kart, all-stars, and a soccer game i don't remember the name).

I had computer games too, but these don't count as "retro"
  • pokemon firered, leafgreen, emerald, ruby, sapphire
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    way back.. when i didn't know much else, it was a game called sokuban(on windows 3.2) .

"feeling old yet?" :D

But another favo was Tekken(not sure it qualifies as retro but it is pretty old by now) on playstation(the first one)
  • Doom
  • scorto7 said:

way back.. when i didn't know much else, it was a game called sokuban(on windows 3.2) .

"feeling old yet?" :D

But another favo was Tekken(not sure it qualifies as retro but it is pretty old by now) on playstation(the first one)

Windows 3.2?! The oldest I've ever games on is Vista and XP and I thought I was an OG. Playing on new devices doesnt give the same fealing as playing your favourite old games from ages ago imo

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    Super Mario Bros, Wii
  • SarcoSarco Member
    JuIius said:

Super Mario Bros, Wii

it was on the wii? :0
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited May 2019
    Sarco said:

JuIius said:

Super Mario Bros, Wii

• ndplayz2468ndplayz2468 Member
    edited May 2019
    Pokemon FireRed and emerald green (on an emulator) and super Mario Galaxy on Wii.
    P.S. I still have a Wii, but super Mario no longer works on it :c
    JuIius said:

Super Mario Bros, Wii

Had this on my ds
  • JuIius said:

Super Mario Bros, Wii

Still in the top 5 Mario games to this day
  • I just went to a retro game festival where I live and they had snes, Nintendo ds lite, Gameboy advance, GameCube, Gameboy, and the games they had were so old!!
  • Pac man
  • oh ya thats a classic
  • I enjoyed Pikmin 2. I also liked Paper Mario ttyd, and Super Paper Mario.
  • I enjoyed Pikmin 2. I also liked Paper Mario ttyd, and Super Paper Mario.

Have you ever played super Mario galaxy?
  • Prince of Persia yeah laugh now when you watch me parkour maybe I need to bring it out to practice it was revolutionary for its time. Im sure I player it on pc but would not know the version.
  • Minified said:

I enjoyed Pikmin 2. I also liked Paper Mario ttyd, and Super Paper Mario.

I beat both 1 and 2 :P
  • Minified said:

I enjoyed Pikmin 2. I also liked Paper Mario ttyd, and Super Paper Mario.

I beat both 1 and 2 :P
    legend.
  • ndplayz2468ndplayz2468 Member
    edited May 2019
    I used to be able to play super Mario Galaxy like 6-7 yrs ago. But then Wii was buried somewhere an when we got it out again to play we discovered that it was refusing to run super Mario Galaxy
    T^T it was such a good game
  • There a quite a lot of games I used to play on my Gameboy Advance SP , like Winnie the Pooh, Lilo and Stitch and a Looney tunes game.

But one game that stands out to me now is Wario Land 3. A few months ago I restarted the game and I got to the final boss (for the first time!) But I couldn't beat it.
    I can remember I was a 6 year old and I couldn't even beat an easy level.
  • MinifiedMinified Member
    edited June 2019

There a quite a lot of games I used to play on my Gameboy Advance SP , like Winnie the Pooh, Lilo and Stitch and a Looney tunes game.

But one game that stands out to me now is Wario Land 3. A few months ago I restarted the game and I got to the final boss (for the first time!) But I couldn't beat it.
    I can remember I was a 6 year old and I couldn't even beat an easy level.

I've never owned a GBA..
    I've seen Wario Land 3 on YouTube though and it looks like a great game, you should keep trying on that boss, also that boss looks like a clown demon
  • Pac-man
    Tetris
    Donkey Kong
    PVZ
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited June 2019
    I will include super mario galaxy 2 (2009) to my fav console game made before 2010, i would add the legend of zelda: skyward sword (2011), but it was made after 2010..
  • JuIius said:

Sarco said:

JuIius said:

Super Mario Bros, Wii

Mine too, but it was "New" Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Oh and Mario Cart Wii owo
  • GoId said:

JuIius said:

Sarco said:

JuIius said:

Super Mario Bros, Wii

Mine too, but it was "New" Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Oh and Mario Cart Wii owo
    Mario Kart Wii*

I played Super Mario Bros Wii at my cousin's once...best game EVER (I played it like 5 years ago)
  • Piratax10 said:

I will include super mario galaxy 2 (2009) to my fav console game made before 2010, i would add the legend of zelda: skyward sword (2011), but it was made after 2010..

Super Mario Galaxy 1 is Better
  • Sarco said:

JuIius said:

Super Mario Bros, Wii

We've
    Played it
    Together.
  • Minified said:

Piratax10 said:

Super Mario Galaxy 1 is Better
    welp, i have only played the second one >->