Really Disappointed

IntimateIntimate Member
edited February 2019 in Community
I did a lot (40) of holla's to try, I repeat TRY to teach noobs what artifacts are and how to find them. Then all the experienced & advanced players came in and grabbed them up without a care in the world that the noobs were left to wonder why we are all even here.

This type of behavior negates the concept of Community and makes it just about you. Selfish as can be without a care of who else plays and just how they feel.

We WILL reap what we sow. What would you like to reap?

EDIT: I see some of you missed my intent with these events I did. I went to tropical mines and when I found an artifact, I did a holla to 'try' to show new players how to find them. I did this so they 1. could have an income and feel good about playing, & 2. to show them there is kindness in this game of so many greedy scamming liars. I did these over the course of 2 days and I did try to tell the older players why I was doing it but it fell on deaf ears.

This game is a platform 'only', we do with it what is in our hearts & minds to do with it. I choose to honor God and these 2 Commandments;
Mark 12:30-31 King James Version (KJV)
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

I see some of you think its weird to do 40 holla's about finding artifacts or that I care about someone other than myself. You can play as you like this is true but consider this..... Mark 8:36 King James Version (KJV)
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

If you think to be a winner when you gain all cc has to offer at the expense of others, you are a fool for we can't take it with us when we leave the game and certainly not when we leave the world. What we can take is what we did & didn't do for our God & our fellow man. I do have a lot in cc but these are my rewards for honoring God and loving my fellow player. I do give back to the community, probably worth more than the average player ever sees.

I posted this in the Community section. The fact that this section even exists tells me the devs do want there to be a place we can welcome new players and talk to friends and watch out for one another. I choose to help players so they feel good and want to stay a while, even if yall think that is weird.

If I am just disappointed, just imagine how God feels about the way we treat each other.

Comments

• Why are you surprised again?
  • If the community engaged in a system or maybe a clan or group that would help new players it really would help new players :). But not all players are obligated to help newer players. Because players are players and they can play the game as it was intended for its purpose
  • Intimate said:

I did a lot (40) of holla's to try, I repeat TRY to teach noobs what artifacts are and how to find them. Then all the experienced & advanced players came in and grabbed them up without a care in the world that the noobs were left to wonder why we are all even here.

This type of behavior negates the concept of Community and makes it just about you. Selfish as can be without a care of who else plays and just how they feel.

We WILL reap what we sow. What would you like to reap?

Too bad you had a bad day meeting those "advanced" players as you said. There are a lot of them in the game, so be sure to watch out next time.

Though, it is quite weird to holla 40 times to broadcast the same content within such a short amount of time. What I mean is, if I already read something then I probably wouldn't read it again.
  • 40times!?!?!?
  • I saw the hollas xD
  • i like your idea of teaching new players about the game and that it’s really nice but when i saw a couple of the hollas they weren’t saying things like “teaching new players about artifacts” you just did a holla and said nothing in the mine, and i still had a lot of questions about it so my advice is in every holla (if you plan on doing this again) make sure to explain your intentions and that it’s for new players only, to explain more about artifact spawning and how mines refresh and stuff and if skilled players still come and take it well they’re scum bags
  • In my perspective I think you should find people who are interested in learning about the artifacts and judging by what you said I think some the newbies had something else in mind. I suggest teaching newbies one by one to prevent those "Advanced" players (I do this technique all the time with newbies and it works)
  • Instead of taking the "noobs" to mines take their to a realm where you have a setup example of what it could look like in a mine so no one can ruin it.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    1. Why wouldn’t they grab them when you don’t say in the holla that it’s to help newbies..?

2. What newbies will learn from one line of text?

As others said, you should make a realm.
  • Is this about you believing in God now or..? I saw the word "God" about 5 times there.
    U said:

1. Why wouldn’t they grab them when you don’t say in the holla that it’s to help newbies..?

2. What newbies will learn from one line of text?

As others said, you should make a realm.

And i agree,make a realm/room (buy a forest or desert one) and then hide an artifact where you could normally find one and you can show them how to find them.

• Most of you missed the point here. As the title states, I am disappointed in that we have players here who know how to play and have many items but they refuse to help new players establish themselves and get an income going. If we don't help them, they have little chance of becoming a productive member of cc.

I do have a 99x99 realm called Tropical Mine with placed artifacts so they can see how to find them. I did the holla's so they could actually get them. I DID state this was for the noobs several times but players like Jessica ignored this took them anyways and just left.

If we don't help the new players, they will just leave and then badmouth the game to their friends so less people will want to join. We are the free advertising this game depends on right now and yall are failing cc.

Just because you can do something in cc doesn't make it the right thing to do so try to look at the big picture or keep on doing what you think is best for the future of cc.

If you think dog eat dog is the best thing we can do, soon there will be one lone dog till it dies then boom we outta here.
  • Intimate said:

Most of you missed the point here. As the title states, I am disappointed in that we have players here who know how to play and have many items but they refuse to help new players establish themselves and get an income going. If we don't help them, they have little chance of becoming a productive member of cc.

I do have a 99x99 realm called Tropical Mine with placed artifacts so they can see how to find them. I did the holla's so they could actually get them. I DID state this was for the noobs several times but players like Jessica ignored this took them anyways and just left.

If we don't help the new players, they will just leave and then badmouth the game to their friends so less people will want to join. We are the free advertising this game depends on right now and yall are failing cc.

Just because you can do something in cc doesn't make it the right thing to do so try to look at the big picture or keep on doing what you think is best for the future of cc.

If you think dog eat dog is the best thing we can do, soon there will be one lone dog till it dies then boom we outta here.

If you don’t tell the experienced players it’s for newbies to learn or even mention it in most of the hollas I don’t know how you can expect them not to
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    edited February 2019
    ee I've seen a lot of alternate accounts that pose as newbies for free stuff though... I have a feeling that they'll take advantage of everyone's kindness. That's mostly why I just give out free shirts/pants to newbies instead of actual hats, because they'll most likely end up using hats for their own benefit and selling it for cubits..
    There's a lot of extremely greedy players (not just newbies) that I come across and I bet you that they will turn out like Jessica and won't care about what you're doing, whether if it's for the good or the bad; if it's free, they'll take it.

As I'm writing this, a level 21 player is "at a hollawarp" (Idk what to say) where the player that holla'd said he was quitting.... The player kept begging for the quitter's outfit (which included rares) and told me to "shut up and mind my own business" after I told them to stop begging.. I told them (basically anyone that was there) that a lot of the people only went to the hollawarp for free stuff and didn't care about the player quitting, they just wanted free stuff, to which the level 21 player replied with "duh hes quitting right?"

I don't like players like the level 21 player I came across.. They're immature and greedy and I want to find a way to fix that
    It's important that we help newbies so they don't turn out so greedy, but we need to be cautious with it

I can already see why you're disappointed, but like [Lord Sinister] said, maybe next time.. . Say that it's for newbies in the holla? I saw those hollas and I don't really remember anything being said about newbies ee (not really trying to say that you did something wrong (and also not trying to side with the greedy players)), but I don't think everyone understood why you holla'd).

I love that people are helping newbies out (I've seen a clan that helps newbies by giving out tools, workbenches, clothes, etc, as well as players having prize dispensers with clothes in their shop), but I think that if we're going to kind of help them more than just giving them basic items, we need to try to find a way to filter out the experienced people and the newbies..
    ee
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Just set up dummy realms and demonstrations of how to find artifacts.
    Hollaring and saying theres artifacts is only going to lead to what happened.
    I set up a how to find fossils in my realm.
    You can see it here

But yeah just set up a realm and expand on that idea maybe would be a more successful method of teaching about artifacts.
  • gdog said:

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

You can see it here

But yeah just set up a realm and expand on that idea maybe would be a more successful method of teaching about artifacts.

As you can see I have a setup but these are very young kids and they still need to see for themselves.

In Eden

1st Floor

Tropical Water

2 Per Mine
  • I gave up helping newbies... i lost all hope in them... And if i help, then they just begg for more!
  • The noobs cannot be helped the population of noobs is high but zero percent can be used as cheap labor which makes helping them useless. It’s also the poor work ethics they have.
  • TimbertonTimberton Member
    edited March 2019
    Intimate said:

gdog said:

You can see it here

As you can see I have a setup but these are very young kids and they still need to see for themselves.

In Eden

1st Floor

Tropical Water

2 Per Mine
    Ye,thats great and all...but,how are new players gonna know about that place,you can't expect them to randomly find it in the overworld
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    its never handy to holla such thing, there are always people that steals the one, best is to just mine it and friend a newbie and then give it to him, but most of the time they are also alternate accounts
  • PartyParty Member
    I would like to point out that you say this game is for “very young kids” but then look at the over world name.
  • Party said:

I would like to point out that you say this game is for “very young kids” but then look at the over world name.

This game was not made for young kids. At some point in approx 2015 or 2016 cc changed it to include the minimum age of 13. But with no way of enforcing the age, we have 6,7,8,9,10,11,& 12 year old's playing. Even if cc could control the age, they made this game for a mature player who has a work ethic and a value of money. Since the average age now is like 9 to 10, we have a society of immature, rude, bullies with little to no self control and the economy suffers as do all of us who have a grasp on how the real world works. When cc changed the age of player, they did not change the dynamics of a lot of things that a mature player has no problem with. Now because the average is much lower, the items that the mature player makes and provides are devalued due to the lack of value the very young bring to the game. Example: spend 40k in the store to get an item these young kids say is only worth 800c. This devalue is not determined by any mature player or even cc itself. It is directly from a player who has no real value of money that mom just doles out freely, or they lifted it when she was sleeping.

Why do you think cc changed to steam? imo it is because an 8 year old can walk into any supermarket with money in hand and buy a steam reload card. An 8 year old can't have a credit card as this game was designed to at the start, in order to purchase cubits.

also imo, updates are to distract us from the game's basic flaws. Why fix the 40 things that are wrong when the majority of players are too young to even use them, ie work hard mining, crafting, farming etc. Lets just make a cc2 and make the kids buy more stuff that is shiny and new & sweep the old under the rug.

#lookatthebigpicture
  • MedicationsMedications Member
    edited May 2019
    Poor kids like me :(
    edited May 2019
    I’ve only met like 10 kids in the last two years under the age of 12-13 in cubic castles. A good majority of the *active* community seems to be 14-18.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    u said:

I’ve only met like 10 kids in the last two years under the age of 12-13 in cubic castles. A good majority of the *active* community seems to be 14-18.

I would have agreed with that until about 3 months ago. I've only recently discovered that a large part of the community is under 12. I had no idea we had so many young kids in the game.

u said:

I would have agreed with that until about 3 months ago. I've only recently discovered that a large part of the community is under 12. I had no idea we had so many young kids in the game.
    That makes sense. Moderators have to deal with that side of the game a lot.
  • LateComLateCom Member
    I see <12 players every fay when i get on...
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I had suggested to make a tutorial for the game that everything is explained.

That might help as well.
  • don't try to teach them, they'll learn eventually xd
  • I do not reval my age, only that im 10+, and i try to be more mature. I never spent real money on the game, and i know how hard is it to get just 1k cubits. It takes hours and hours of work, if you get it from mining
  • well ye rip for the hollas and for the new players who didnt have a chance to got that fossil. Well as for me i do respect their move of getting the free fossils because they have a right to get it. But in the other hand, your holla is for newbies tho so im sad for those new players who came at your hollas. but afterall, the bible verses that you sent here was so true so maybe we will just wait for the right time where new players will be respected more with enough help from pro players. Yes even when I was nub i was just ignored by older players than me (approximately 2014 players cuz i started 2015). Well if they will quit let them. But if they are lucky enough to find a pro player who will motivate them enough to still keep playing this game, good for them. I do appreciate this game for making new friends here and made my english and vocabulary skills better. Yes i learned tons of wisdom at this game too. like how to communicate properly, how to cope up the community, and how to make new friends! yes I survived here for 4 years! but those new players will survive? Maybe yes maybe not but afterall, they deserve to be respected and they deserve to be helped by pro players like us!