Mines with/without people in them

Why is it that when a mine has people in them, the sky map doesn't show a color & when there is nobody at all in them, they do show color?

When I mine I don';t want people coming in to mine me so 'try' to extend the same courtesy
to others but it is hard to do when I look for an empty mine only to find that the color on the mine in the over-world has lied to me.

It seems to me that each time cc adds something or does an update, other things get 'broken'.

Like why do I have to place my realm 5 times a day when it has 20,165 blocks built. Why is it that each update I have to find a spot for at least 2 realms that have 20k & 40k blocks built and a realm stamp.

Is the mines issues I have going to to be exacerbated by the advent of over world changes? Will more mines be added to overcome mines being so crowded?

Answer the questions, ignore the rant.

Comments

• GeezerGeezer Member
    It's because the realms take about 5 mins to update on the skymap
  • PartyParty Member
    Mines are not overcrowded at all 2-4 people in a mine is not much. Your just gonna have to face it that people also like to mine.
  • GeezerGeezer Member
    Deal with it - not everything is going to be to how you want it to be - if you want it to be like that then I would say make your own game and play it to your own specific requirements
  • Geezer said:

That seems like a good explanation but it doesn't account for mines that I sit and watch for 30 minutes and they stay the same, either no color when people are in & color when the mine is empty. See an old comment I made to this issue of mines staying colored all day. All maps are the same so the problem is not map specific. And I mentioned problems happening just after an update because this color issue has not always been like this. Everything else in game updates within 10 to 20 seconds so why is it that mines don't as well as another things. The mines without people in them, the color shows there are people in them, they re spawn inside so how can it be a server reporting issue as it pertains to they being updated when the server has spawned a new mine.

I think that a different code is interfering with the color change/ Some other code is disrupting the color change but this is just a supposition on my part.

The devs themselves has stated that something has broken when they went in to do an update relating to a different part of the game, so I imagine this has happened a lot.

I chalk it up to fat little fingers adding or removing other things when they go in and change one thing. lol

#fatlittlefingers
  • PartyParty Member
    Well how do you know people are in the mines or not after 30mins? If you go and check inside the mine then that would reset the color.
  • The overworld is getting removed anyway. I think there's no point in fixing this bug.
  • sdgamez3sdgamez3 Member
    edited May 2019
    Geezer said:

Yeah
    Also most realms reset when a new update comes around.

But if you hate mining with other people like a social person and like to mine alone like a sad, lonely introvert you can either:
    1. Buy some rooms that are not empty (they do not have to be massive)
    2. Leave this game as you think that it is so Imperfect and broken and go make your own game with your own rules.
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited May 2019
    In my opinion, this souldn't have recived this much "hate". I do not get why people are so quick to hate on these. IT'S JUST A QUESTION! - Sort of.
    BTW: How about mines nor regenerating / always empty, because everyone keeps the mines active. Would you like that?! I bet no. You would come to a similar conclusion. I ussaly enter mines that have no ores, because everyone enters, cheks: empty, and quits the mine...
    I do NOT get these ppl, who are so quick on hating things. No offence to anyone.
    And SDgamez, i would bet that Intimate needs to mine, to get cubits, so that's a stupid idea. Not saying everyone here is mean, but the things some ppl here say aren't tolaratable! Im not saying names.
    Oh, and didn't i say? I do agree with Intimate
    Good day.
    edited May 2019
    Dude, rooms are not expensive
    Also they have at least two shops that get them a lot of cubits so I don't see them going out to mine. They most probably go out to get resources
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited May 2019
    sdgamez3 said:

Dude, rooms are not expensive

thats non profitable! 150 c for 5x5 room! That's stealing!
    Minimum 1000 C to get around 400 C worth of minerals!
    edited May 2019
    Still better than complaining that the game is broken.........
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    sdgamez3 said:

Still better than complaining that the game is broken.........

But the function IS broken because it doesn't always work as advertised.

However, it's not that hard to actually find another empty mine either.

However, if you mine a lot for resources (either to build or sell), it can be annoying to check the skymap to find an 'empty' mine, go into the mine, open friends list and then click on add friends to see if people are in the mine and then have to close two windows before being able to mine alone because the function is broken.

As a fellow miner, I use basic mining etiquette where I pull a couple blocks at the door, so other miners can see that someone is in there (or was in there recently and the mine hasn't regenerated). It was handy when people adopted this for Egg hunting too during this past event. But not everyone does it. It would be nice if the skymap function actually worked. However, with the overworld changes, not sure if it will be a valid issue anymore (or if it will get worse because we'll be forced into mines with others).

Also, it's not necessarily a matter of being anti-social, as much as it is that there are many rude players that will jump right into the same area where you are trying to mine to steal your blocks and cubits even though they have the entire rest of the mine that they can be in. I've had this happen more times than I can count, and I like the option to jump to another mine with no one when this happens.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Since they have been working on the new overworld it would have been a waste of time to fix something that is going away. Hopefully, the new overworld will have a better set up for those of us that like to mine in peace.

@b3achy , easier way to check a mine for people is to do /trade when you walk in the door. If someone is in there it will tell you and you just walk back out the door. If it's empty it will just tell you over your head that you are the only one there. No windows to close :)
  • Since they have been working on the new overworld it would have been a waste of time to fix something that is going away. Hopefully, the new overworld will have a better set up for those of us that like to mine in peace.

@b3achy , easier way to check a mine for people is to do /trade when you walk in the door. If someone is in there it will tell you and you just walk back out the door. If it's empty it will just tell you over your head that you are the only one there. No windows to close :)

That's what I was thinking.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    But I don't always like to type... I could do whisper too...but that requires hitting the enter key, typing the command, closing the window, etc. Agree though that either trade or whisper are probably faster than clicking through the friends menus. Still it's extra steps we have to do because the function is broke. But also agree with the impending overworld update that we've been waiting on it may be moot.
  • Well, you do have some valid arguments but the thing is, with a gigantic overworld update coming up, you can't expect the devs to focus on every little bug.
    I'm sure they will fix it sometime soon but for the time being, we should be happy with what we have.
    Also, I agree, miners should leave some holes in the front door and I have had experience with people just stealing stuff that I mined, but I think the trade and whisper commands are pretty good for finding out if someone is in a mine so you can search for other ones.
    One tip: go to the mines of Aspen pelago and spire. no one goes there.
    But I still think that if you want complete privacy, you should:
    a. Turn on offline mode (I mean, duh!)
    b.invest in a room as it might bring you more gain than loss.might.
  • Ok then here's an idea; start mining a 3×3 Everytime you enter a mine right in front of the door and let this become the universal(cc universal I might add) sign for "yo occupied"
  • LateComLateCom Member
    get your alt, bring both accts to the mine and dig all the way down so that they get stuck upon entering. Tp your main after that.
  • Party said:

Well how do you know people are in the mines or not after 30mins? If you go and check inside the mine then that would reset the color.

By playing 2 accounts on 2 different PC's. 1 account aitts outside to see if people go in or come out. 1 account goes in and mines a grass by the door. A little while later, like 2 minutes, I go in to see the grass has re spawned/ I see no people have gone in on my 2nd account monitor but the sky map shows dark green. I also sit outside and repeatedly see on sky map that it is still dark green when not even I have gone in.