Lets try beat scammers and beggers one step at a time

Well we all know no one likes a scammer and no one likes a beggar and its potentially what makes most people leave the game. I would almost put money on it if we did a poll of why people left the game over 90% of people leave and never come back due to being scammed or begged for items. I personally tried getting rid of all my items and removed my friends list and explored parental controls recently now that's all I can do. This post is more I want to throw some ideas around of what may help beat this from a development point of view and a combined strategy to not only get more players but keep existing ones with the intention of changing the mindset of the community. I'm not going to go on about how annoying all this is so lets try think up some things to move from that feeling of the lobby being some slum that people congregate around with their multiple alts and begging strategies.

Loot houses ?? Why don't we introduce some loot houses apparently everyone likes to steal and why don't we give them something to steal we can place them randomly in mines possibly some can be underground who knows may encourage people to get out there and collect resources again. I believe this could even deter the lazy people who refuse to spend 30 mins crafting and rather spend days and weeks asking and annoying other players for basic items. I don't think there needs to be a lot in there just a basic hut or dwelling maybe a few chairs a table some basic resources in a chest hey we could go all out and have some random hats or wearables in there so they really get the feeling of getting something for free. They wont even need to go through the hassles of tricking someone into giving permissions and who knows could give people building ideas. I'm sorry if this is a little harsh but if I'm in public this is all I deal with and there is soo much more of the game id like to enjoy rather than just "I got scammed' "I'm poor give me items" Hope you all have a wonderful day lets together make this a wonderful game we all enjoy and are happy to invite our friends and family to play along side us.

Comments

• I agree
    But the loot houses will:
    a) get scammers get more addicted to stealing
    b) might teach youngsters and other players that stealing is tolerated in this game
  • One problem: after 5 mins of this loot house feature being introduced to the game, the beggers will be all 'loot houses have lame nooby items and go back to begging
  • The begging... oh.my.god... it seems like that’s all people are doing. I remember when I was lvl 0-10 all I was doing was mining and figuring out the game... these people now enter the lobby and just start begging. It makes it hard to distinguish an actual new player to the game, or someone just making a new alt to play #teamfreesh!t
    Im not heartless and do every now and then kit out a few with some clothing and a few cubits... but my patience is wearing quite thin and I just give advice to mine stuff and sell your findings. Haha.
    Marceline. And myself already have 4 smaller humans we finance in this game from our household and they are our own personal #teamfreesh!tians

I do think maybe in mines there should be an opportunity to get basic items/wearables from breaking blocks. Sort of like how you get cubes.

• b3achyb3achy Member
    edited May 2019
    Sadly, even something like this (even though a cute and yet another generous idea) would be 'too much work' or 'too hard to find' because it requires a minimal amount of work for players rather than being lazy beggars.

We already get free clothing from some of the rehydration cubes, which you get randomly from mining. Would love to see them expanded (both more cubes and more items that can drop from the cubes). That would then require people to do some mining to get resources, and they would get a bonus every so often. Wish there were some sort of bonus item from building and crafting too (as some people prefer those activities to mining, and shouldn't be left out as they are doing constructive things in game too).

IMO, the best way to get rid of scammers and beggars is to NOT give into them. There are already plenty of methods in place to deter scamming, but people are just being stupid and giving their own stuff away to them by giving strangers perms or handing items over to people they don't know. Harsh, but maybe they will be less stupid/trusting the next time, and they need to learn that lesson. Then they all start begging and because people believe the sob stories it becomes like the boy who cried wolf...everyone claims they got scammed just so they get free stuff. Even with giveaways, IMO, people should have do to a little something to get the prizes (watch a youtube video and enter a code from the video, solve a puzzle in game, complete a quest of sorts, etc). That teaches these beggars to have a little bit of a work ethic as in RL nothing is free. If they still complain, they can go find another game...and then we have less beggars in game.
  • ChronosaurusChronosaurus Member
    edited May 2019
    Well, I can see why you introduced the idea, but the thing about it is, I don't really think it will stop beggars or scammers. If they're already too lazy to earn their own cubits, then I just wanna know why they would search for loot houses :V Like the person above me says, we already get clothing from dehydrated cubes which does take some time to obtain, as well as rehydrate... Yet I don't really see beggars and scammers mining for dehydrated cubes
    I'm not really against the idea, nor am I agreeing with that it should be added, but I just do think there might be some problems
    b3achy said:

IMO, the best way to get rid of scammers and beggars is to NOT give into them. There are already plenty of methods in place to deter scamming, but people are just being stupid and giving their own stuff away to them by giving strangers perms or handing items over to people they don't know. Harsh, but maybe they will be less stupid/trusting the next time, and they need to learn that lesson. Then they all start begging and because people believe the sob stories it becomes like the boy who cried wolf...everyone claims they got scammed just so they get free stuff. Even with giveaways, IMO, people should have do to a little something to get the prizes (watch a youtube video and enter a code from the video, solve a puzzle in game, complete a quest of sorts, etc). That teaches these beggars to have a little bit of a work ethic as in RL nothing is free. If they still complain, they can go find another game...and then we have less beggars in game.

I agree
  • Eh, if the beggars think that life is full of rainbows and sunshine, let them think that. It will be their own downfall irl.
  • Ok I'm starting to agree this may be a counterproductive idea as I agree the items found may not really encourage what I thought they might and possibly might send out the wrong message of stealing and looting is ok. I still think it has potential just maybe needs to be fine tuned. I like the idea of the rehydrated cubes but lol please don't give nukes hahahaha there have been some risky times I've heard that ominous countdown from my daughters iPad to quickly jump over and pull it hahaha yeah lol anyway we will get there I guess. Thanks for everyone's input. Keep it coming we maybe able to come up with a productive plan, at the moment I feel education is the key for the good gamers just protect your accounts and items I guess.
  • PartyParty Member
    I like the idea of trying to stop this but this isn't the right solution.

Just going to encourage people to be even more greedier. Already plenty of ways to make c don't see why we need to give even more free items away.
  • The scammer part is simple, Zero Tolerance! Boom, problem solved. But with the zero tolerance needs to be public exposure so as to thwart off potential scammers. When we start listing players removed and why publicly, we see a reduction in new offenders.

Now the beggars is another thing. CC want these 7 to 11 year old's playing because they are beggars. I mean they are great at begging their mommy for $$ to add to CC economy. Why do you suppose these 'too' young players are still here?

As big as these problems are, they are not as high of a contributing factor of players leaving as most would think. Most players are just too young for a game that was made for adults, then changed to include the very young without changing the functions of the different parts. Like a 9 year old doesn't want to mine for 6 hours to make enough to buy something so they just beg, borrow or steal it. The game it's self is flawed in that there is too many things broken or just not designed for a young player with no work ethic or value of money and what it takes to make money.

The king of the hill ' buy low, sell high' is also killing the game as it just insights greed and getting one over on 2 people. It ensures they get one over to get the item, then getting over on the player who buys the item. How can one item be worth more if it belongs to one player and less if it belongs to another?

Lies are also killing the game as well as bullying and then there is sexual harassment.

Bottom line: Mods with no power is like not even having any mod at all!
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    Intimate said:

The scammer part is simple, Zero Tolerance! Boom, problem solved. But with the zero tolerance needs to be public exposure so as to thwart off potential scammers. When we start listing players removed and why publicly, we see a reduction in new offenders.

Now the beggars is another thing. CC want these 7 to 11 year old's playing because they are beggars. I mean they are great at begging their mommy for $$ to add to CC economy. Why do you suppose these 'too' young players are still here?

As big as these problems are, they are not as high of a contributing factor of players leaving as most would think. Most players are just too young for a game that was made for adults, then changed to include the very young without changing the functions of the different parts. Like a 9 year old doesn't want to mine for 6 hours to make enough to buy something so they just beg, borrow or steal it. The game it's self is flawed in that there is too many things broken or just not designed for a young player with no work ethic or value of money and what it takes to make money.

The king of the hill ' buy low, sell high' is also killing the game as it just insights greed and getting one over on 2 people. It ensures they get one over to get the item, then getting over on the player who buys the item. How can one item be worth more if it belongs to one player and less if it belongs to another?

Lies are also killing the game as well as bullying and then there is sexual harassment.

Bottom line: Mods with no power is like not even having any mod at all!

Parental controls