Thankful for any prize

Thank you for my prize from Easter Egg Hunt 2019.

Already I see ppl complain about what they got compared to someone who is lower on the board. Just be thankful you got a prize and leave it at that, You can trade or sell your 'gift' but I never sell things given to be. I treasure them.

Go back and read, it said random, and I as well as some others tried to tell y'all that place don't matter when its basically random.

Comments

• Admin should.. not Write a thing like this ( BETTER RANK BETTER PRIZE )
    he just need to say the prize is random..
    and i hear n104 got ramm.. n7 got monthley shirt. Its ever fair ?
  • Ofcourse Low Ranks = Happiest (less effort less time)
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited May 2019
    Intimate said:

Go back and read, it said random, and I as well as some others tried to tell y'all that place don't matter when its basically random.

He also said this:
  • After seeing the randomness part I already felt happy since I dont need to spend much time collecting eggs.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Admin should.. not Write a thing like this ( BETTER RANK BETTER PRIZE )

They did say it was going to be random so people weren't fighting over a specific position. All that statement adds is "if you get higher up on the list, you are more likely to get a better prize". More likely =/= guaranteed. If you were on the list, you got a prize. That's all that really matters. They said from the start that they didn't want people fighting over 1st place, and this is how they engineered that.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited May 2019
    I also spent days and hours for the egg hunt and I was the 37th place.

I also did not expect that I would receive a motley shirt as the prize...

But yes it was a fun adventure, don't complain :)

We also got the eggs and we can craft pows.

• We also got the eggs and we can craft pows.

The best bonus prize of the event.

Im jealous of the top hunters, they can craft more pows which can get more stuff such as decos and wearables.
  • Admin should.. not Write a thing like this ( BETTER RANK BETTER PRIZE )

They did say it was going to be random so people weren't fighting over a specific position. All that statement adds is "if you get higher up on the list, you are more likely to get a better prize". More likely =/= guaranteed. If you were on the list, you got a prize. That's all that really matters. They said from the start that they didn't want people fighting over 1st place, and this is how they engineered that.
    Is Motley shirt is worth it for top 7?
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    I finished in 186th spot and got pjs.
    I was expecting something like the duck hat or easter rider for my rank lol
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Admin should.. not Write a thing like this ( BETTER RANK BETTER PRIZE )

Is Motley shirt is worth it for top 7?
    I think that's for the individual to decide. All the complaints I've been hearing so far is about how someone with a lower rank got a better prize. That should have been expected. It was always a possibility as I had pointed out in several threads and activity walls during the event. It was made clear throughout the entire event that getting a higher place does not mean you are guaranteed the best prize.

Decide if it's worth it or not and apply that to later events. I can tell you right now it's not going to be worth it to complain about this forever.
  • PartyParty Member
    Guys sirkewberth meant higher ranks would have a higher chance at getting an item but would still be random.
  • Intimate said:

He also said this:
    Partly correct, the top people on the board will be considered for the best prizes but if you go back and read it again, he also said the 25th place person 'could' potentially get a better prize as one in the top 10. This is the random part. Just be thankful we get any prize ya'll. They did not even have to give out anything.

"But there will be some randomness to it, so the number 5 spot won't necessarily get a better prize than the number 25 spot".

For those who think it wasn't fair, y'all were warned that it is basically random and he did this so people wouldn't fight to get top doog pole position.

Bottom line: Thank You CC for any prize!
  • Indeed TY very much @sirkewberth .To tell the truth i didnt expect anything from the hunt.I was just collecting them for a build.
  • PartyParty Member
    Read the fine print and you'll never be disappointed.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    Here's my guess of how this works: There's a 200-prize pool, but the 1st place will get to get the prizes first, then the 2nd, 3rd, ... The 200th will get whatever there is left in the pool. All are decided by RNG, and the prizes taken my the higher rank will be removed from the pool.

This could explain why the 5th won't necessary get the better prize than the 25th, but the 5th does get a higher chance to get better prizes than the 25th, and why all this thing take 72 hours to complete.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    I'm grateful to have gotten anything as it was a bonus to already getting eggs to collect and POWs that I made. I actually love the egg hunt as it is my favorite event they do, especially with the radius (it's like a little bit of happiness each time an egg pops on the screen when I walk nearby)...I love discovery events. The discovering is half the fun. Bonus happiness when it's a rarer egg that pops up. And even more bonus to have been able to be in the top 200 (made it up to 151), even though I had so many RL commitments that kept me out of the game for about half of the event. All in all, it was a great event for me, and I'm grateful they do awesome things like this and even gave away additional free items!!