Opinions about the new announcement.

If you haven't read it yet (for some reasons, because it is on the front page), you can read it here: http://forums.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/25948/some-changes-for-the-near-future#latest

Here're my thoughts and questions:
Paragraph #1: I'm glad you're now more focusing on improving the game experience. I hope that you balance between improving the game and hearing the community's voice.

Paragraph #2: Finally, an official claim regarding rare items. I like it, even though I would've expected it to be more (10-20) to make it more effective but not overkill.

Paragraph #3: I had nothing to say about this. The pressure you have had so far must be intense though.

What's yours?

Comments

• It's cool. I'm happy that the game is getting much more attention than the forums as the game is cooler.
  • LateComLateCom Member
    As long as he tries to publicize the game... it's good. Don't care bout the rest.
  • Last paragraph:Lastly, I would like to make one thing clear. Threats against the game or game staff will not be tolerated. If you are making threats and we find them at all credible we will report to law enforcement. And, we will start strictly enforcing the harassment and threat sections of our player guidelines by banning accounts engaged in this behaviour. We are moving towards a zero tolerance policy for threats and harassment of staff and threats against the game or our related websites.

I like these words :-)
  • LateComLateCom Member
    It's good that slandermen will be punished, always a good thing to see justice around here.
  • I like how we haven't heard from the haters... Cause they can't exist anymore noot noot
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I'm just hoping they know the difference between criticism and harassment. There is no reason anyone should harass any other person, but there is usually a reason for criticism, especially of those with the ability to make changes happen. I never plan to harass anyone, but I'll be damned if I can no longer (respectfully) point out the glaring flaws in the game and its design.
  • IMO all who play should be included in a zero tolerance and not just things that effect cc staff and mods.

I am sorry to hear that anyone has been threatened tho, I had no idea things got so bad for y'all.

Also, before adding new things, try making sure that all that is in the game functions (correctly). If you don't have a clue to what I mean by broken things, ask AshiMagari or give me a week and I will write all 40 down.

BTW, I still support the game because I do believe it is savable.
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator
    [Insert Opinion Here]
  • I'm just hoping they know the difference between criticism and harassment. There is no reason anyone should harass any other person, but there is usually a reason for criticism, especially of those with the ability to make changes happen. I never plan to harass anyone, but I'll be damned if I can no longer (respectfully) point out the glaring flaws in the game and its design.

Tru afterall! Just remembered a statement that we can sell any of our stufs at our own price! like we can sell a beany for 100c XD so as rares! Why not?? xD

Harassment! It seems its just to be at admins and mods! But always be careful cuz idk maybe they make their threats seriously! Well we dont even know that there are harassments happening. If that so idk how to argue with it. But i do care at prices to be low and i cant wait for it xD. Plus prices will still be unstable! So we can still gain profit just by waiting it to increase again! But its a risk that maybe it will decrease tho!

So if Devs will give 5 rares/super rares in a year, I just want to get tons of FLAMENCO HATS <3!!!

• ndplayz2468ndplayz2468 Member
    edited May 2019

I'll be damned if I can no longer (respectfully) point out the glaring flaws in the game and its design.

I'm pretty sure that won't fall in the category of criticism. Technically we're pointing out a mistake.
    Critisizing is basically two birds with one stone; you point out a mistake and make the person feel bad doing it. There is a difference between pointing out a mistake and criticism
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

I'll be damned if I can no longer (respectfully) point out the glaring flaws in the game and its design.

I'm pretty sure that won't fall in the category of criticism. Technically we're pointing out a mistake.
    Critisizing is basically two birds with one stone; you point out a mistake and make the person feel bad doing it. There is a difference between pointing out a mistake and criticism
    Not really tho. Pointing out a mistake is being critical of it and that's how it should be to see mistakes corrected. (Ex. School papers, mistakes at work, someone misspeaking/mispronouncing). Its not rude to point out someones mistake if the only goal is to help them improve. That's what I mean by the difference between criticism and harassment. Pointing out a mistake to correct it is criticism, pointing out a mistake to embarrass someone is harassment.

If I'm showing a mistake made in the design or implementation of a game mechanic, my goal is to see it improved, not to make the devs feel bad about it. I want cc to be a fun game with as few bugs as possible and unless someone points the bugs out, the devs wont know they exist (unless they start playing their game more).
  • MabzMabz Forum Administrator, Customer Support
    edited May 2019
    Just to clarify, giving your feedback and criticizing the game to point out some of the things you don't agree with is fine. You have nothing to worry about.

Feedback is still very important for us.

What is not allowed are threats or harassment that go beyond criticism. For example, threatening to hack the game, break our websites, or beat someone up etc... Persistent personal attacks. Things like that.
  • PentaPatataPentaPatata Member
    edited May 2019
    mabz said:

Just to clarify, giving your feedback and criticizing the game to point out some of the things you don't agree with is fine. You have nothing to worry about.

Feedback is still very important for us.

What is not allowed are threats or harassment that go beyond criticism. For example, threatening to hack the game, break our websites, or beat someone up etc... Persistent personal attacks. Things like that.

So don't be scared on giving opinions about the game. In fact, your opinions helping the Devs and Admins to make a better game experience for all of us.

Well for me, yes it is a good idea to focus more in the game because game is the main reason why we are here, why there is a forum and community. And since there is a problem in the game economy it is the time that they make a decision in where to focus more and since forums didn't have economy system, yes is it reasonable to leave forum temporarily until the game problem fixed.

The same way I feel about the zero tolerance policy for threats and harrasment on staff. It is a good idea to focus on it too. Because their job is not a joke, they're really hard. Imagine focussing to the game daily instead of other else that is way more important than this. And after all of that you get negative comments that you need to bear with. Imagine how much pressure is that. So I love to hear that they are focusing for that more important things about this game. And this is the reason why I love this game more.
  • Eagence said:

[Insert Opinion Here]