Offline mode isnt enough

I'm curious how many players have a constant flow of players begging them for items and how they deal with it as I literally jump on the game and have a constant flow of players asking me for items. This ranges from any item I buy in a shop to any item I have on my sorting table to basically anything they see or want in the game. If they aren't asking me for items they are trying to pressure me into buying their items at a drastically raised price, or just for me to do a giveaway.

During the bunnyzilla event I had more whisper chat than I did even the spam was littered with whispers. I agree I may have ruined the game for myself and I should of just been a greedy mean player possibly even rude and scammed people as they seem to be the only players who get to enjoy themselves and get their voices heard. I gave away 90% of my items this week or sold them for at least half the value to try and stop this. It didn't stop it and has only encouraged more as now players just ask for my decorations or things I haven't sorted. I cant store items in glass as they are the first target. I cant play the game with my children as it is a constant thing of "ok I'm online please tp fast" but in that moment of me being online I have a lot of players come to me these player ask my kids to drop their rare items or give them permissions. This has not only ruined my gameplay but also my children's.

I used to enjoy helping people on the game and had a lot of people coming to me as a go between and explaining their situation and getting advice I would normally point them in the right direction of either explaining how to report or how to do a support ticket I honestly didn't mind doing that and even didn't mind when my entire gameplay was filled explaining the how to and what not to do things of the game. Over time my kindness has been seen as a weakness and seems more often than not these reports are falsified or completely fake with the pure intention of me to just replace the items "because your chickenlips your rich" . On more occasions than not I think the players think I'm a moderator or admin and I constantly have to explain that I'm not and if I was ii could probably help them less than I already do.

Offline mode is great and I live on it most of my game this doesn't help as I'm constantly seeing hollas with my name in it to come see them or help them or various other requests. It also kills the social aspect of the game as there are a handful of people I've known for years that I enjoy chatting with. Offline mode doesn't always help as sometimes there are decorations or materials that I need for builds or to give me ideas on builds. I don't get to experience new parts of the game as I'm segregated away from the community in my locked realms. I don't get to explore other peoples builds and get ideas for new creations. If I go to mine its only a matter of time before someone comes into the mine and I'm found and their friends start to tp. I feel as if there is a discord group designed around finding me as it just seems to organised and even if I remove a friend off my list they still manage to get to me directly using warp food or indirectly tping to a friend.

I really like this game but once again its been ruined and I returned as I saw offline mode had finally been introduced and thought it might solve the problems I have with the game but unfortunately it hasn't. This is basically a goodbye to the game but if there are some good suggestions on how I can stay I'm open preferably not just locked away in my realms with no interaction at all. Yes I have an alt account that I use but even that has now been identified as me within some groups. Very open to suggestions because if I leave the game a second time I will not return and will take my family with me. I'm reluctant to change my name as its just my gamer tag and I generally refuse to play a new game if someone's stolen the name. I'm expecting the response to be use a new alt and start again from the start and lay low or just segregate yourself from the community. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and any possibilities from the developers as I do want to have a social side of the game without this type of player harassment.

Comments

• /ignore
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    So the issue is that, since you've been generous in the past, it's created a social dynamic where you can't have normal interaction in the game without people constantly begging you for items?

One possibility would be to use the parental controls. I believe there's a setting to only show chats from friends. So you unfriend beggars and add friends who you want to talk to while having that setting active. If that doesn't sound like a good solution and /ignore isn't enough, then I'm open to suggestions.
  • So the issue is that, since you've been generous in the past, it's created a social dynamic where you can't have normal interaction in the game without people constantly begging you for items?

One possibility would be to use the parental controls. I believe there's a setting to only show chats from friends. So you unfriend beggars and add friends who you want to talk to while having that setting active. If that doesn't sound like a good solution and /ignore isn't enough, then I'm open to suggestions.

^ Parental controls is very good i have to say , it help me reduce lag and ignore beggars
  • So the issue is that, since you've been generous in the past, it's created a social dynamic where you can't have normal interaction in the game without people constantly begging you for items?

Why don't add

offline to: all

except

like that or

and i dont like offline mode.

it should be, (player) Has turned off Fast Travel/teleport

Only Able Fast Travel to this friends like that

Unfortunately yes this has created a dynamic within the game that has created begging on multiple levels from the I've been scammed, to your rich give me items, to I've seen your youtube channel and missed your giveaways give me an item or ill report you.

I will explore the parental controls although I do believe that even though I don't see the chat on the main screen if these players jump on my qbee and keep saying what they want I will still have it appear on my screen. My only reason of not doing that so far is if I'm in need of an item and go to a holla or if I do a holla of my own I'm unable to trade with anyone other than my direct friends or I'm just swarmed by people as I've asked people in the past why are you jumping on my qbee and they have said they thought I had parental controls on or I did /ignore.

I'll explore the parental controls and exercise a 2 strikes your out system if people don't respect it they will be removed from the list and /ignored followed by reporting for harassment. Even though I feel I cant help new players with the parental controls on I feel powerless and left only with these options. I will keep you posted on how this develops and keep you updated with any suggestions I figure out but for the moment my head isn't thinking clearly due to the frustration but there will have to be a fix no problem is to big.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2019
    It's not your fault , it's those bad people fault...why they want become rich but begging from rich instead of hard works.Be happy playing CC , there are still a lot nice peoples you can meet and talk with.
  • This is just a feature of the game lol.
    Most people just ignore the annoying players.
    I do this myself.
    If they beg for my halo, I say nfs or just don't say a word, and eventually, they leave.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Dont keep people on your friend list who only come to beg. That's exactly what the unfriend function exists for. I feel like instead of complaining about a function because it doesnt do exactly what you want it to, you should use other functions that DO what you need them to.
  • Dont keep people on your friend list who only come to beg. That's exactly what the unfriend function exists for. I feel like instead of complaining about a function because it doesnt do exactly what you want it to, you should use other functions that DO what you need them to.

I think you have misread my post its one thing to remove players from my friends list and to ignore people who come to me, but being harassed anytime I'm not in a locked realm is a completely different matter. I think I should post a 5minute video of my normal gameplay so people can actually grasp what I'm talking about.
  • Only suggestion I can possibly add is maybe a list of players you allow to a realm so like the feature of allow friends to enter the realm maybe we could have a list of players you allow to the room this is a 3am thought after I was showing a few of my builds and checking out a few builds of a player I've never seen before but very thankful I meet as I got some great building ideas and apparently gave him some building ideas. This was tarnished by getting abused for unfriending someone who caught me in public.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I think I understood your posts pretty well. You're complaining about people fast traveling and begging you for items, or harassing you when you decline.

If the problem is that they are fast traveling the second you are in online mode, just unfriend them. Take away their ability to fast travel to you unless you trust them to not harass you.
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited April 2019
    And this is precisely why I start off in games like this being very anti-social (the beggar/accusing/lazy-gimme behavior is pretty typical when there are a lot of kids (or people posing as kids so they can act childish)), and then over time only allow a small handful of people to be friends (and not afraid to pare the list down when I'm feeling like I need to be more anti-social). And even then I have alts I use when I'm not feeling overly friendly/social -- some known by some of my friends, others just loner accounts.

However, you can't change your past, which is a big contributor to your current situation. I feel for you! I hope the parental controls can help you, as I don't really have any better solutions.

I also don't spend much time in social gathering areas like the lobby or town center, but only visit mines and individual realms, which I think reduces my exposure in the game. Spending too much time in the public areas just makes my head hurt with all the begging and questionable behavior, so I avoid them.

I do think it would be nice to have either the 'trusted only' option for visitors to rooms/realms, or you type in a list of people that are allowed to visit rooms/realms. I wish I could have a bigger friends list at times, but then have 'safe rooms' where my really trusted friends and I could hang out. Current dynamics with the "only me, friends only, anyone" realm access options really doesn't make that an option at this point for me.
  • meh, this is all based on the fact you dont like letting people down you dont want to be mean and do the harsh action that will solve your problems, id make a new acc if u rlly want it secret it will be so. i can get why u wouldnt change ur name, its an icon you have been connected to in some way -flyingfoxbat
  • Most of my friends know im pretty open to helping them out by either buying their stuff or selling something cheaper, now of course there are times I have to say no, because I can't for whatever reason at the time, and then of course I get the "but you're rich" haha not rich I just might happen to have more than them at the time, as well as when I occasionally give things away to random people/friends or do public giveaways people always want more or are unhappy with what they get, and what I tell everyone is "you get what you get be happy you got something, the prizes and money are not endless" and if people keep asking and jumping after my stating the facts and I step it up to "please stop asking" and if that doesn't work I simply say "sorry but I asked you to stop" and simply kick/ban, might be harsh but at the end of the day if someone can't be respectful enough to pay attention and listen to a simple statement or rule then they must face the consequences, and as a Martial Arts teacher discipline and respect are quite big in my book and yes we are playing a game but you can still be respectful, so if people think i'm being rude or mean because I can't help them out or won't give them more free stuff etc then oh well, that is their opinion and I know I tried to help them.

-Ignoring people, using the command or simply just not paying attention to people
    -unfriend people who beg, and if certain friends bring around random people who tp then i remove those people as well, i honestly only keep people i have conversations with, like to hang out with or that i trade with, and never let my friends list get to the point where names are hidden because the list is so long
    -when people ask for something I simply will say sorry but I don't have anything on me right now, and if I have planned a giveaway I will let them know they can try and come to the giveaway, and give them the info about it
    -i have certain rooms locked, and in others i have a glass box around the warp anchor so it keeps random people contained
    -when out "in public"(lobby and other peoples realms) i try not to stay there for long, because i'll get "oh pro can you donate me plez" or "Reaper you buy my stuff" most often is "donate me" had people trying to do the trade command alot trying to have me give them stuff, yeah it can be annoying especially if it's constantly but i try not to let it get to me

i think the biggest help was just making sure your friends list consists of people you actually interact with and not random people who want to be your friend

Don't get me wrong I like helping people but you can't help everyone and even if you could there would always be that one person who didn't appreciate it

Also,can you make it that Parental mode doesnt hide the tags of your friends? Its just I used it when BZ was around so I could get away from the spam but its not really nice to have your friends tags hidden too
  • While were looking at this can we possibly add a function of online to selected friends, something along the lines of sure I've got a lot of friends and want to be active in the community but sometimes I want to just show a few friends my builds or take a select group on a tour without everyone coming along or the constant online/offline mode.

Also there is a flaw I've noticed is that if players are in the same clan they can check if someone has offline mode activated but still online for example if two players are in the same clan they can look on the clan members part of the clan stone and even if you appear offline your still showing that your online.
  • ndplayz2468ndplayz2468 Member
    edited May 2019
    Beggers suk
  • Beggers suk

We will get there mate if there is one thing I wont do is give into evil there has to be a solution we just haven't figured it out yet seems like the community sticking together seems to be the key. Divided we fall united we stand
  • Look I appreciate your insistence to avoid cold shoulders and being rude but ppl only think like "ok so this person is too kind to refuse so let's attack them" if you don't want to be rude then make stories that involve you getting locked out from your acc and discovering you lost all valuables. I'm suggesting this because nothing no feature no nothing can stop this begging so I suggest moving on from it. Ik your trying to suggest ways for others to be benefitted but I'm afraid it won't work
  • LateComLateCom Member
    How about the word 'no'.
  • Ban people
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited May 2019
    Idk if someone has said this yet but we have the "/ignore" command. :P

Edit: I guess Kewberth has mentioned this. Lol oops
  • ^ up there is the truth
  • ndplayz2468ndplayz2468 Member
    edited May 2019
    LateCom said:

How about the word 'no'.

If it were that simple, do you think chickenlips would still make a thread bout this?
  • LateComLateCom Member
    He's just too kind to say no. THey deserve a harsh no.
  • i know this may not be what you want but you could make a separate account. this problem seems to be only applicable to you and a few other well known people who do many giveaways. luckily this isn’t irl so you can start a whole new account and tell it to your close friends who you trust not to reveal your identity.
  • sdgamez3sdgamez3 Member
    edited May 2019
    LateCom said:

He's just too kind to say no. THey deserve a harsh no.

You mean like
    nO! gO gEt a LiFe kId iM nOt uR mOm gO aWaY!!!!!
    Or like a
    go away before I hack you
    Or maybe just
    no
  • Eh beggers suk
  • Ok so my solutions are as follows ??
    * /ignore majority of cubic castles users (no more help given to players and drastically limit what I can buy and who I can trade with)

*parental controls (turn a blind eye to everything in game and remove the ability to help new players also drastically limit what I can buy , basically the same)

*change my personality to be rude
    just keep removing friends (switch from can I have to why did you ban /remove me)

*not participate in events, hollawarps, trading or mining in public

Your all suggesting to remove the parts of the game I liked the most but unfortunately...

I'm sorry qbees this and some other unsavoury things like stalkers and impersonators have flowed through to my kids and my partners pulled us out of the game this is a really sad update for me to have to post and I blame myself I loved this game soo much and saw soo much potential in it but unfortunately this is goodbye from chickenlips I guess I'll keep an eye out for upcoming updates and work my power of persuasion but as the saying goes happy wife happy life.
  • Well that escalated fast..R.I.P Chickenlips...

Can we get some Fs in the chat?

F
This discussion has been closed.