Transparent Blocks

Recently noticed a few things that go transparent and curious if anyone else notices it or found other things. In particular clouds seem to have the most transparency as if you put it next to side of a building for example the underneath goes transparent and you can see through that line of blocks seems to go a while and will be testing it out more soon as could be fun but probably more annoying and something to avoid.

Also with clouds say you place one cloud down then surround that with water at the one high level then place 9 clouds on the second high level, the bottom cloud goes transparent. Seems to be only the one cloud under the 9 that goes transparent not consecutive levels below.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    If a block is covering up the side of another block, the covered sides become transparent so the game has less to load. But this can cause some block sides to become transparent when they really shouldn’t be. The best example I can give of this is if you place a Sculpty Block next to another block, and break the sculpty down into a small form. The side of the block next to the sculpty becomes transparent even though it clearly is visible. The game reads the pixel as a whole block, so the game thinks it’s not necessary to show the block next to the Sculpty Block.

It’s kind of tough to explain. So I wouldn’t be surprised if what I said makes no sense.

With the block below clouds becoming transparent, it’s because the game reads a cloud as a whole block. So it thinks that the block below the cloud doesn’t need to be shown, as it would be covered if a cloud truly was a whole block.
  • U said:

If a block is covering up the side of another block, the covered sides become transparent so the game has less to load. But this can cause some block sides to become transparent when they really shouldn’t be. The best example I can give of this is if you place a Sculpty Block next to another block, and break the sculpty down into a small form. The side of the block next to the sculpty becomes transparent even though it clearly is visible. The game reads the pixel as a whole block, so the game thinks it’s not necessary to show the block next to the Sculpty Block.

It’s kind of tough to explain. So I wouldn’t be surprised if what I said makes no sense.

With the block below clouds becoming transparent, it’s because the game reads a cloud as a whole block. So it thinks that the block below the cloud doesn’t need to be shown, as it would be covered if a cloud truly was a whole block.

Thank you this does make sense an gives me a few ideas to test and things to avoid :)