What is a reasonable price for an item? How rare should rare get?

2»

Comments

• Im kinda not for this, but thats my own biased opinion since i own majority of these rare items. I was kinda in shock after seeing how many “super rares” were being put in the game. It sure does feel less rewarding having these items knowing other people have them. But in all fairness the playerd work hard for those items in the egg hunt. With the amount of time they spend collecting eggs. You could be doing a min wage job and buy those items in less than half the time of collecting those eggs which have an invisibility clock (a real annoyance for this years egg hunt.) But it is true less and less of those rarer items such as ramm kennels pr krampys are in stock fue to people quitting. Some people hoard these rarer items too. I do not feel as it is crazy to have items worth over 500k. It really enhances how rewarding it is to finally complete your collection. I feel like my post is getting to long and jumpy so i will just end it here.
  • A question that has come up over the years is the price of items. I've had players write to me about item prices many times over the last few years with completely different perspectives. I have my own views on these things (some are just thoughts with no concrete answer) but I'd like to hear what the players think of it in general, and maybe generate some clearer ideas about how we manage the game going forward both for us and for players. With regards to this I'm talking about true in-game pricing and NOT about things that get out of whack like in the recent hacking of the game. So this is only about when all things are operating normally.

There's a few considerations to this that I can see off the top of my head.

A player with money may attempt to artificially raise the price of an item... perhaps to make more later, or maybe just to be the only guy in the game with a certain hat or pet. Is this something we want? Is this fun?

Items that have high values are targets for people to hack/cheat/steal -- do we want to put players in the position of buying an item for 500$ of real money and then losing it to a scam? Is that the kind of environment we want in the game generally? There will always be rarer items but should there be some level of control. Maybe an item locking mechanism (something proposed) would help.. but ultimately people may want to trade these items again.

How much should a virtual hat be worth? We don't charge too much for in-game items with the exception of maybe a few special pets/cars, but prices rise over time. Considering that ultimately a game like this is transient should we consider this or not meddle at all? Should Items be allowed to completely dissapear. What if the only owner of active halloween masks decides to quit the game and play another game. Should no player ever see that mask again? Is that fun? Seems like a waste of models/texture space in a game that has limits on these things.

Sure some people may have a lot of money and maybe it's worth it for them to buy a hat for 500$, but I don't even know what to think of this, and it honestly wasn't even something I thought too much about before cubic. It does make me a little uneasy. It's not really the goal of this game to have such expensive items. The goal of the game is for it to be fun for the most players possible. In part that means you do have collectable and rare items. There is something to that. Nothing in the game would have any value if all players had "god mode" and could magic up whatever they wanted. But is there a reasonable limit to this sort of thing? I'm not sure.

My gut says that when items start to be valued over 500k cubits it's not unreasonable for us to inject some into the economy to stabilise the price a little and to prevent the items from dissapearing from the game entirely and new people come and older players leave.

What are your thoughts?

Well I'm glad you asked for our opinions now as I have a very strong opinion on this matter. As you know my opinion on the hacking issue and know it doesn't deserve any more airplay than its already gotten hopefully this has been fixed and your all actively working to stop it in the future. So now the fun part the game economy and moving forward.

We need to have a look at how this has been run in the past and up until this point, that has been only ever been player generated prices and the pricing structure has never once been a set price by the developers on any prices. I have always wanted some kind of structure to the pricing as having it run just by the players has always been a problem but essentially it has been player based I'm curious what your thoughts are as you developed the game and are the only ones who know the true rarity of the items or the amount of items in the game and at some point had a structure and a plan of where it would end up.

My thoughts on what a virtual hat/item should be worth is completely dependant on how many exist. You say you want to talk about when things are running smoothly but say that once an item reaches a high value it becomes a target for hacking or stealing? But do you not mind someone spending money on items or working very hard to achieve those items to then become worthless? So your saying you don't want to loose out but you don't mind us loosing out? As for items raising value over time isn't that a reward for playing the game over many years and almost a status symbol of how long they have played or the dedication they have shown. As for someone spending $500 on an item being lost to a scam that's a ridiculous statement and anyone spending that type of money would protect that investment, taking that personal protection away from the player and regenerating it into the economy is basically saying you scammed it from us and see that as ok.

Now lets look at your comment about a Halloween mask that a player has accumulated over time lets now put that into a real game situation like when I collected up a lot of the zombie masks for a realm idea of a zombie attack. I was liking the textures of the zombie mask and it gave me the idea of having a zombie themed realm, now I didn't set the prices of these hats the players set the prices of these I went from paying 2k cubits to 5k cubits eventually up to 20-30k cubits I decided at around the 30k mark that I was just being ripped off by players and they were taking advantage of the fact that I wanted a lot of them for my realm. I created the realm and loved showing it off to people and inspiring them to go forth and create their own story or themed realms and promote building and the creative side of the game. At no point did I set the price of the items the community did that and at no point did I know how many items were left in the economy or how much of a percentage of them I had. We all know I've given more out to players than I have collected for myself and we all know that created the main reason for me taking a break from the game as I couldn't keep up with the constant begging and pressure to sell me over priced items. I was always the under the impression that limited time only items wouldn't be released and upon my return was appalled to find that the zombie mask had been reintroduced to the game and was now down to such a low value of 500cubits. You could of showcased my realm if that was the case and you didn't want the texture to be lost in my decaying realm. I'm not going to waste all our time and explain the roman helmets that were also under very similar situations and other items I collected a lot for themed rooms/realms.

• As for your "god mode" comment you may as well give every new player a prebuild complete collection so they don't feel left out or feel they have to work for it as it seems like where this is ultimately going if the items just cap out and are rereleased. Sure some people may have a lot of money and maybe see spending that type of money on the game as not only an investment into their profile but also feel they help keep the game going as far as new developments and server running costs. It does make me a little uneasy that that is seen as soo temporary in your eyes and soo easily taken away from us. In essence having collectable and rare items is something that you have developed with no clear thought of the implications there has never been any assistance with the pricing structure and I'm confused why you want to have an in.

When you make a statement like "My gut says that when items start to be valued over 500k cubits it's not unreasonable for us to inject some into the economy to stabilise the price a little and to prevent the items from disappearing from the game entirely and new people come and older players leave." It is completely wrong and I don't see how you think that makes sense as this leaves me not ever wanting to spend money on the game and don't see any value in any of my previous purchases. Dedication any player puts in or any investment they make is only temporary and really devalues anything any of us have put in. I completely agree that some items shouldn't reach such high unachievable amounts but the fix isn't to devalue the work people have put in as a lot of the older players are leaving because of this and you will ultimately be left with a much smaller player base.

In real life we may all want a 57 Chevy Bel Air but you don't see Chevrelette remaking them and just giving them away if people want those collectables over time and complain that they cant get one. People strive to get them and unfortunaly we cant all have one and yes along the way some do get destroyed and yes the value does go up. Some people even settle for what they can afford and grind for themselves, your either going to create a game that has no value at all or your going to have a game that can last the ages and grow to something amazing I saw a lot of potential in this game and I'm struggling to see a future now. If you don't want to loose items from players leaving maybe make up a showcase realm with every item maybe create realms dedicated to each of the hats wearables you have all worked so hard to create.

At the moment there is the hat packs wing packs and wearables etc why even have that if there is set prices for each item why not just have a cubit store where we buy and sell from u want to wear something u buy it and then when your finished u sell it back to the store I'm happy to remove the massive purchases and the risk and thrill of possibly getting something rare and why even give someone the ability to get lucky and get something rare the first purchase just grind and work for it all or pay directly for it. But don't lie to us and lead us to believe we are getting something rare or limited time only when you may or may not bring it back depending on who complains or how you feel, as that leaves me personally feeling like I've been scammed, lied to and ripped off.
  • You created a game that is based on an in game currency you have control of every aspect of this you could introduce player appreciation weeks where people earn more cubits from mining you can have the cubit packs drop in price you can lower and raise the value of the cubits you have a multitude of options at your disposal you can completely restructure the distribution of items and rarity drops but think very wisely on what path you choose and I'm in no way saying copy any other game but look into some popular ones. Think about how they have addressed some of these issues as if you want long term players and new players who want to strive for the top your going to have to go into damage control at this point as I've personally seen a lot of top players rage quit and give away their worthless items and also plan to finish up their final builds and leave or just simply offer their accounts for any real money they can get their hand on before there is nothing left. Possibly strategize a way to combat the begging and insatiable urge players have for the unachievable, there is soo much more to this game than just the economy but could easily be the thing that brings it down.

Now I've said part of what I'm feeling I hope you don't see it as a complete attack and more constructive criticism I've always been here as support not only to you but also to the community I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what is your views on it all are. I'm in no way wanting a refund as I do see it as I've already used the digital currency and gotten my entertainment from it I merely want to express the devaluing that seems to be happening. You personally told me you see me as a victim of the hacking and I'll publicly say this feels like I've been taken out of the fire and put into the frying pan.
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator

As for your "god mode" comment you may as well give every new player a prebuild complete collection so they don't feel left out or feel they have to work for it as it seems like where this is ultimately going if the items just cap out and are rereleased. Sure some people may have a lot of money and maybe see spending that type of money on the game as not only an investment into their profile but also feel they help keep the game going as far as new developments and server running costs. It does make me a little uneasy that that is seen as soo temporary in your eyes and soo easily taken away from us. In essence having collectable and rare items is something that you have developed with no clear thought of the implications there has never been any assistance with the pricing structure and I'm confused why you want to have an in.

When you make a statement like "My gut says that when items start to be valued over 500k cubits it's not unreasonable for us to inject some into the economy to stabilise the price a little and to prevent the items from disappearing from the game entirely and new people come and older players leave." It is completely wrong and I don't see how you think that makes sense as this leaves me not ever wanting to spend money on the game and don't see any value in any of my previous purchases. Dedication any player puts in or any investment they make is only temporary and really devalues anything any of us have put in. I completely agree that some items shouldn't reach such high unachievable amounts but the fix isn't to devalue the work people have put in as a lot of the older players are leaving because of this and you will ultimately be left with a much smaller player base.

In real life we may all want a 57 Chevy Bel Air but you don't see Chevrelette remaking them and just giving them away if people want those collectables over time and complain that they cant get one. People strive to get them and unfortunaly we cant all have one and yes along the way some do get destroyed and yes the value does go up. Some people even settle for what they can afford and grind for themselves, your either going to create a game that has no value at all or your going to have a game that can last the ages and grow to something amazing I saw a lot of potential in this game and I'm struggling to see a future now. If you don't want to loose items from players leaving maybe make up a showcase realm with every item maybe create realms dedicated to each of the hats wearables you have all worked so hard to create.

At the moment there is the hat packs wing packs and wearables etc why even have that if there is set prices for each item why not just have a cubit store where we buy and sell from u want to wear something u buy it and then when your finished u sell it back to the store I'm happy to remove the massive purchases and the risk and thrill of possibly getting something rare and why even give someone the ability to get lucky and get something rare the first purchase just grind and work for it all or pay directly for it. But don't lie to us and lead us to believe we are getting something rare or limited time only when you may or may not bring it back depending on who complains or how you feel, as that leaves me personally feeling like I've been scammed, lied to and ripped off.

+1
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator

You created a game that is based on an in game currency you have control of every aspect of this you could introduce player appreciation weeks where people earn more cubits from mining you can have the cubit packs drop in price you can lower and raise the value of the cubits you have a multitude of options at your disposal you can completely restructure the distribution of items and rarity drops but think very wisely on what path you choose and I'm in no way saying copy any other game but look into some popular ones. Think about how they have addressed some of these issues as if you want long term players and new players who want to strive for the top your going to have to go into damage control at this point as I've personally seen a lot of top players rage quit and give away their worthless items and also plan to finish up their final builds and leave or just simply offer their accounts for any real money they can get their hand on before there is nothing left. Possibly strategize a way to combat the begging and insatiable urge players have for the unachievable, there is soo much more to this game than just the economy but could easily be the thing that brings it down.

Now I've said part of what I'm feeling I hope you don't see it as a complete attack and more constructive criticism I've always been here as support not only to you but also to the community I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what is your views on it all are. I'm in no way wanting a refund as I do see it as I've already used the digital currency and gotten my entertainment from it I merely want to express the devaluing that seems to be happening. You personally told me you see me as a victim of the hacking and I'll publicly say this feels like I've been taken out of the fire and put into the frying pan.

Agree with everything you have said @chickenlips I didnt want to quote it all as its huge.. Limiting an items value or rarity doesnt make much sense to me.. why would anyone want to invest or collect an item and cannot go over a certain value.. High priced items are long term goals that keep people playing for alot longer than everything being obtainable in the short term.

I do however see the wanting to keep items in the game.. I thought the monthly raffle was how that was being managed.. it made sense for everyone.. The more time you spend in the game during any given month, the more chances you have to win the rare item at the end. Just figure out how to make it more manage able and less a pay to win situation ie dont use tokens dont make it a item that can be purchased, make it for time spent logged in and limit the time for afk players before they are logged out automatically(that is also a good safety measure for children at schools)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

But don't lie to us and lead us to believe we are getting something rare or limited time only when you may or may not bring it back depending on who complains or how you feel, as that leaves me personally feeling like I've been scammed, lied to and ripped off.

Well I don't believe we have lied. Our pack items insomuch as they have rarity, have never been promised not to return with the exception, as Gdog pointed out earlier, of the jester stuff which we did say we would not sell again. In fact the public stance has ALWAYS been the exact opposite. The fact that items haven't returned in some cases is specifically because we're sensitive to the market price issues. And I do believe that we have always stated publicly that rare items may be used again for contests etc... and that has been seen in the game with the monthly draws and past contests over the years so I don't think that should be a big surprise.

Now perhaps it lacks clarity since there's never been a clear official statement on what we would do and to what extent but that is why this thread exists. And I'm not sure that there's any policy we could make that would please everyone. As we can see in the thread there are many different opinions on what we should do. From what I've read I'm not sure the way we've been handling it... bringing rares back in contests, has worked out too bad.

It does seem to strike at least some kind of compromise.

And looking at the prices of items that people worried we hurt too much in the past, those items seemed to, over time, regain their value fairly quickly. So bigger drops seem to be temporary or at least have been in the past. This is hard to judge and we might get it wrong sometimes. A few responding have said just leave the market be and let the items float to wherever they'll float in value, but this introduces other issues, like them items vanishing from the game completely, and given that item textures and so on are a finite resource I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that level of scarcity.

Please keep in mind that I say all of these things, in the context of normal game-play where players aren't hurt by hacks etc... In those cases obviously we may need to address things differently and sometimes there are no perfect solutions. That is something else entirely.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited April 2019

why would anyone want to invest or collect an item and cannot go over a certain value.. High priced items are long term goals that keep people playing for alot longer than everything being obtainable in the short term.

But up to now players have always been speculating. There was exactly one time where we stated we wouldn't sell an item again. So it's tricky because we end up kind of randomly handcuffed based on what the market does. If a player comes along and decides.. I'm going to buy this old valentine item out of existance.. and leaves.. suddenly you have a new rare! It wasn't something WE did... it just happened. So now if a new valentine pack is coming out and we never planned to hold back that item but in between players speculated (and paid high prices for this new rare).. what do we do? Try to protect their price? Stick with our original plan?

You see? It's kind of tricky. And it's not always clear you can even follow all that went on with every item.

• ChickenlipsChickenlips Member
    edited April 2019
    No worries my fault I guess I'm wrong I'll stay tuned for more clear indications on what will happen in game and only take what you officially say or post in public as what will be happening.

So from here what's your thoughts are we allowed to know how rare items are and how many are in the game? Such as can we get a clearer indication on how many will be dropped and the rarity of these for example how many of each item exist? Is there going to be intervention on how the prices are structured? When you release limited time only items will these be clearly marked as such? Are we going to be told how many of each item is allowed per player? When you are going to rerelease select few of the same event items such as the zombie mask but not the dino will you clearly explain the items that will be back?

If we are removing speculation and want a fair structure for all some of this information will needed to be known by players. I may sound combative and all but I'm not trying to be you asked my opinion and I gave it.

I want to help work a solution that is fair for all and at the moment the way that's happened so far is I pay a lot in game then give into players frustration and gift the rare items to them that they don't feel they can achieve. How many white and dark angel wings have I given to players who are soo upset with the rarity that I've given into them and gifted it to them. Do you know how many cubits I've gifted to players to keep them playing the game or to help them buy event packs that seem out of their reach. Do you have any idea of how many giveaways and how much time I have spent trying to fix these problems in the background with no help or consideration.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    A lil off topic;
    I started 2015 and when i was a noob, i was amazed that you can build with your wildest imagination and then i met new people and became good friends, then found scammers that was full of greed and then saw mods that served justice but still had fun cuz they entertained the community.

Then i saw cool outfits, i didnt beg nor tried to scam to get them, also never bought cubits. I wanted a fox set which was not that hard to get so i sold resources and then saw an exe mask which immediately caught my eye, made me work hard to earn cubits, and then my dream item the Slime Costume where it was no longer in 2016 halloween and only few players had em but that didnt made me think that i wont get one, i became a business man(buy low then sell high when the time is right) even tho i overpaid for the costume it still felt that i accomplished something and made me proud.

After that i focused on events(parkours, mazes, story, accelo rides, clan) cuz they were fun especially with friends, the prizes were just a bonus. Fun hat pack battles of Hinter and Gdog then they gave em away to the watchers. Clan war, Bunnyzilla, Egg hunt where i got balloony, Plasm hunting, Spider event, Building contests were nice to showcase players creativity, Raffles kept people somewhat active and excited, PDC, bomb games still here.
    Updates were also great Cars, Balls & Farm. Idk if im a fan of vends but it does make it easier for sellers. (Economy was fine)

Went on hiatus mid 2018 til xmas, repeated events were fun for new players dunno for old players tho, heard that raffle was removed and Space Fetus hosted events was bummed cuz i missed it, found new people and old friends, saw new items but i didnt know the prices, then noticed the economy was unbalance, Items that werent even event items went high from exe mask, angel wings, tricorns, etc.
    Valentine event failed, peeps complained Sponsored events dunno the whole story tho, and then the hacking fiasco happened, for what? To expose that the economy is broken? So the only solution was an egg hunt with bulk prizes of the super rares?
    I dont even have a positive reaction bout Slimezilla wherein some people got more than 1 slime costumes, whats next Dinozilla? Ghostzilla? Krampuszilla? Idk what to say but it looks sloppy for me and you could have done better. Im not angry or being bitter but i expected something that had more fun for all the qbees around the world. Thanks for trying tho and listening to the community. Sorry if it looks like im complaining just my opinion on whats happening in the game.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited April 2019
    Often, the reason for the high price is not the item's rarity, it's because we want to buy it with that price.

If somebody wants that item so badly, they have the rights to buy $100 worth of cubits (or more) just to get that item, then everybody follows suit and accept that it costs 100$ of cubits, thus forming the item's price. It's what whales do, stopping that means cutting off your revenue.

Look at what BJD did in the past with the feather hat, which effectively brought its price up to a whopping 100c for such a common hat. Same can be applied to the current rares, as the price would not be that high if nobody is willing to pay for that.

...bringing rares back in contests, has worked out too bad...

Why is it too bad though? I kinda missed your evidences there
    Yakroo said:

(What Yakroo said above)

This is another can of worms waiting to be cleaned for months. Most people seem to be demanding a new event host(ess) (Not my opinion, totally being objective here), but there aren't much to be made yet.

-----
    From what I've read so far, I summed up what I've said in my last comments (with some edits):
    1) Introduce new $-only items
    2) New rares should only be released once and never returned
    3) Don't interfere with the economy except adding rares to the economy through annual events and contests in big amounts (25-100 per year).

If we are removing speculation and want a fair structure for all some of this information will needed to be known by players. I may sound combative and all but I'm not trying to be you asked my opinion and I gave it.

Well that's why the thread exists. So I can figure out if there's a better way forward. Because we ARE sensitive to market pricing. I'm starting to gel with maybe a clearer - policy position that we can state in public. It certainly wouldn't remove speculation or rarity, but it might at least make it more "officially" clear what we will do in the future.

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited April 2019
    CD87 said:

Often, the reason for the high price is not the item's rarity, it's because we want to buy it with that price.

Actually, no. I can almost guarantee you that no one wants to buy a ramm for 1million cubits or a halo for 850,000 cubits. (By this I do not mean there is no demand for it, I mean that no one actually wants to pay that, they are just forced to by people who insist that these items should be ridiculously hard to obtain.)

I can fully guarantee you that everyone wants to sell one for that price.

Eventually you're going to run into the problem of "I want more money than anyone can possibly afford", at which point you'll be making zero profit.

Every argument I've heard for this "keep ridiculous prices because I said so" side of things has profit as it's main motivator. But I'll say it again, You won't earn profit if there is no one can afford to buy. It is literally better for all of you to let the prices drop to a more manageable level. Would you rather earn 500k for a ramm or zero? Because chances are you won't be getting that 2 million + that you really want.
    CD87 said:

I meant to say adding rarer items in HAS NOT worked out too badly in the past. I think so far that has been generally Ok though there have been complaints when items were re-introduced even in limited quantity.

With regards to rares being released once and not returned, that's not really a solution to this general issue of how we react to item prices, because we don't always control what becomes valuable. Sometimes items just increase in price. It's not really the original rarity in a pack that makes something very valuable though that is a factor. But it's also about how many were bought, who had what, who left the game, who wants which item etc..

• CD87CD87 Member
    edited April 2019

CD87 said:

(What Ashi said above )
    You made a really good point there. I'll change my statement.
    CD87 said:

Often, the reason for the high price is not the item's rarity, it's because we are forced to buy it with that price in order to obtain that item

CD87 said:

I meant to say adding rarer items in HAS NOT worked out too badly in the past. I think so far that has been generally Ok though there have been complaints when items were re-introduced even in limited quantity.

With regards to rares being released once and not returned, that's not really a solution to this general issue of how we react to item prices, because we don't always control what becomes valuable. Sometimes items just increase in price. It's not really the original rarity in a pack that makes something very valuable though that is a factor. But it's also about how many were bought, who had what, who left the game, who wants which item etc..
    If this has been OK without too many complaints, then you should implement it more frequently. The other data you mentioned serves as an indicator to decide how many you should pump in the economy. You can ask the moderation team (Or the community) because they should know more than you.

TLDR:
    Q: How should you react to item prices?
    A: Adding more in appropriate events if their price is too high, leave it be if it's acceptable or lower than you expected.

...BUT this leads back to the root problem, which is the event part of the game (It should not be discussed deeply here since it's off-topic). Once you solve this one, you can start using events to pump in more rare items again.

Right now, it's legitimately the only way you can do to lower the price without harm.
    This is about normal play. With regards to something unusual happening like a hack or a bug etc... anything is on the table for that. We'll do our best to try and fix things. It may not always be perfect, but that is a completely different issue.
  • This is about normal play. With regards to something unusual happening like a hack or a bug etc... anything is on the table for that. We'll do our best to try and fix things. It may not always be perfect, but that is a completely different issue.

Its ok mate I opt out of trading 90% of my items have been redistributed into the community do whatever you see fit this is ultimately your game anyway just please start fixing the building bugs as that's all ill be doing
  • sdgamez3sdgamez3 Member
    edited April 2019
    Ugh what is the fuss about?!
    THIS is a sandbox game, for bunnizilla's sake!!, it is meant more for building and mining and crafting and parkours and others, than clothes shopping. If it has clothes, that does NOT mean it is a dress up game! I mean it's ok that you people are concerned for the economy, but this is a sandbox game build, mine craft and you'll be okay.
    Regards
    Sdgamez3
  • sdgamez3 said:

Ugh what is the fuss about?!
    THIS is a sandbox game, for bunnizilla's sake!!, it is meant more for building and mining and crafting and parkours and others, than clothes shopping. If if has clothes, that does NOT mean in it a dress up game! I mean it's ok that you people are concerned for the economy, but this is a sandbox game build, mine craft and you'll be okay.
    Regards
    Sdgamez3

Ikr couldn't agree with you more right now I have my outfit I like and actually has more sentimental value and reasoning behind it that id care to share but exactly right no more buying hats I don't need to help players get what they need anymore, no more trading or negotiating what isn't gone today will be slowly distributed or recubed and I can focus on just building all funds will go towards crafting and building materials and already gotten rid of 80% of my friends list.
  • I'm currently using an out fit under 500c and my qbee looks beautiful!
    That goes to show that you don't need to half-die getting rares. The common clothings are beautiful!
    And I support that realm idea that you had, you know the one with those clothing ideas
    Lemme know if I can help!
    :D
    This thread is to help me understand what players think and to try and solidify in my mind how to treat high priced/rare items in the game. I think I've got a pretty good section of opinions out of it now so I will close it at this point. What is the outcome? There doesn't seem to be universal agreement among players on this, but I do think it's given me some ideas about what I should and should not do going forward. Whether that actually translates into a hard rule of any kind is less clear though.
This discussion has been closed.