Advice for SAT?

Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
I'm taking it on May 4th, anything I can do to prepare?

Comments

• Get good sleep
  • Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator

Get good sleep

Lol, already breaking that rule .-. There is no such thing as sleep when you do the IB curriculum....
  • I got SAT on May 4 as well, and i won’t be sleeping at all, like literally cause i have a prom party.
  • dont play cc from now and study...?
  • I have SATs too I guess just don't stress and if you can do last years papers. Remember that say if you get bad results (which you won't) 1. Your score gets standardised 2. You still have to do your CAT's in secondary to determine your set.
    LateCom said:

dont play cc from now and study...?

All good, I'm not playing for now and I am happily studying. Just hanging out on the forums :)
    Juniper2 said:

I have SATs too I guess just don't stress and if you can do last years papers. Remember that say if you get bad results (which you won't) 1. Your score gets standardised 2. You still have to do your CAT's in secondary to determine your set.

Good luck to you too, we can do it!
  • Ah, I’ve taken this before. Read the questions before you read the text, make sure you analyze carefully. If you run into vocabulary, try to guess what it’s actually saying. Most texts gives a summary in the beginning, that’s a big hint. Also, think about possible purposes for the text. While you’re taking notes, use abbreviations :)
  • How did you do? Math was kinda easy, i ran out of time tho...
    First passage in the reading section was interesting and fun, but the second one was really bad ;(.
    Grammar was pretty easy, repetitive questions.
    Unfortunately, i might take less than 1000 cause i did run out of time on all 4 sections except for Grammar.
  • SpiridonSpiridon Member
    edited May 2019
    Study 3 months before hand

How did you do? Math was kinda easy, i ran out of time tho...
    First passage in the reading section was interesting and fun, but the second one was really bad ;(.
    Unfortunately, i might take less than 1000 cause i did run out of time on all 4 sections except for Grammar.

The frickin' Roosevelt reading tho... I'm usually decent with reading and grammar, but this time, I felt like they were exceptionally hard. The math section was a breeze tho. I did finish before time on all of my sections, but I'm not so confident about reading. I left the Roosevelt passage last and it took me 25 mins to go through.
  • How did you do? Math was kinda easy, i ran out of time tho...

The frickin' Roosevelt reading tho... I'm usually decent with reading and grammar, but this time, I felt like they were exceptionally hard. The math section was a breeze tho. I did finish before time on all of my sections, but I'm not so confident about reading. I left the Roosevelt passage last and it took me 25 mins to go through.
    The Roosevelt passage is the one about politics, right? Cause i did not read that passage at all... did not like it.
  • I enjoyed the passage about rabbits!
  • Are you two trying to get into the same college or do all colleges have the same papers?
  • LateComLateCom Member
    lol... its a global exam that people studying for takes the same paper if you study the same syllabus...
  • Oh ok
  • SarcoSarco Member
    Sat's ,in my country at least, are taken in year 6 / when your 11-12 years old..