Egg Hunt 2019

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Motley pants and shirt should come as one reward, not two. It's a set afterall :P
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Motley pants and shirt should come as one reward, not two. It's a set afterall :P

They were advertised as only being available that one time, of all the items they can't bring these back.

My god the level of entitlement in this thread is of the charts.
    Its a free event.
    You don't have time to grind, that why we have the pows.
    Loads of leaderboards show people outside the prize pool/purse. Golf, Racing literally any sport or leaderboard.

I'd put money on this being the last egg hunt. You alls gone runied it again like you did with events. *slow clap*
    edited April 2019
    They stated that these will not come back, yes, but it wasn't clear if they are not bringing them at all or just in packs.
    Free or not, if they do it then they should do it properly. Plus, before the change, these were advertised as a set.
    lucaaa795 said:

They stated that these will not come back, yes, but it wasn't clear if they are not bringing them at all or just in packs.
    Free or not, if they do it then they should do it properly. Plus, before the change, these were advertised as a set.

The system message said "never again" that seems pretty clear.
    gdog said:

lucaaa795 said:

It's been years. Do you really want to see a pair of pants for 500k? How about 700k? How about a damn million??
    edited April 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

gdog said:

lucaaa795 said:

It's been years. Do you really want to see a pair of pants for 500k? How about 700k? How about a damn million??
    Yeah, i have no issue with it to be honest.
    There's tons of other outfits.
    Its pretty normal in mmos or games with lootboxes to have rare/expensive items.
    Imagine if csgo brought back or flooded the marketplace with loads of old rare skins or knives.
    The community would lose it and people would stop buying crates/keys.
    There should be some kind of reward for playing this game and supporting all these years.
    Instead they continue to devalue buying cubits and the economy with the continued giving in to entitled free players.
    Its always better to add new content instead of re-release/devalue old content.

• If they stop the egg hunt because of all you whiners, I will be so MAD!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    With regards to packs not coming back and rares.. I think we always stated that rares may come back in contests and things of that nature. Just not as a pack you can buy.

But in particular with the motley items they were affected by the hack so they aren't naturally priced.
  • Thats what we called roll back we gonna go back way 2017 like a friendly economy
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited April 2019
    I am with Gdog on this, the level on entitlement is rather depressing. This is the most generous event by a significant margin, I believe Easter and Halloween are the only 2 events that allow everyone to get free stuff.

I can kind of see where people were coming from with the bumper and assumptions of there being 200 not 100, that should of been made clear before the bumper was placed. IMO this was obviously going to cause issues since in the past I think all names on bumpers have been winners (Parkour etc)

The prizes being given away are too good I think and the price between prizes was just not thought out. The duck hat is worth less than 20k and Krampus is like 700k+ (This is just going to force people to spend hours working to the top which I believe Kew wanted to avoid.

Maybe next year just scrap the competition. Give everyone an item at certain milestones (they can still be difficult) e.g 100 eggs - 500 - 1000 - 5000 - 10,000 etc (This would still get a lot of people playing the game and it would be fair for all (The only down side is the items won't be worth quite as much) - OR give out a random item every milestone.
  • Siddd said:

I am with Gdog on this, the level on entitlement is rather depressing. This is the most generous event by a significant margin, I believe Easter and Halloween are the only 2 events that allow everyone to get free stuff.

I can kind of see where people were coming from with the bumper and assumptions of there being 200 not 100, that should of been made clear before the bumper was placed. IMO this was obviously going to cause issues since in the past I think all names on bumpers have been winners (Parkour etc)

The prizes being given away are too good I think and the price between prizes was just not thought out. The duck hat is worth less than 20k and Krampus is like 700k+ (This is just going to force people to spend hours working to the top which I believe Kew wanted to avoid.

Maybe next year just scrap the competition. Give everyone an item at certain milestones (they can still be difficult) e.g 100 eggs - 500 - 1000 - 5000 - 10,000 etc (This would still get a lot of people playing the game and it would be fair for all (The only down side is the items won't be worth quite as much) - OR give out a random item every milestone.

+1
  • this is bugging me earlier is it by prizes are by rank? top 15 will get ramm? or is it random? i don't get it. GIVE EM ALL RAMM. Jokes :D
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Nebuleye said:

this is bugging me earlier is it by prizes are by rank? top 15 will get ramm? or is it random? i don't get it. GIVE EM ALL RAMM. Jokes :D

As sirkewberth mentioned on the first page.
    Higher ranks will get the better prizes. But all top 200 will get something.
  • So top 1 - 15 gonna get ram and + item (s) 100% sure?
  • SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    edited April 2019

So top 1 - 15 gonna get ram and + item (s) 100% sure?

SirKew Said "But there will be some randomness to it, so the number 5 spot won't necessarily get a better prize than the number 25 spot. You just need to be among the top collectors to get a prize. "

So that points out that the prizes will be "random" and not all Top 1-15 will get a ram
  • Awww Example: Top 4 Got Krampus and while top 10 got ram (its unfair to do serious egg hunt)
  • When does the event end? @SirKewberth
  • GhouI said:

When does the event end? @SirKewberth

Will end at end of this month. You can sell the eggs. No issues there. If you have several accts in the top you will only get 1 prize for all accounts. So there's no point to trying to count up alts as well as your main acct. If we detect you trying to hide an alt as a different account to collect multiple prizes you may be disqualified entirely. So I don't recommend that.

• CD87CD87 Member
    edited April 2019
    These are my opinions on this event:

+Whether this is going to be a good event or not, it has shown at least 1 positive effect: Improved player count. It reached 800 a few days ago after being around 300-500 for weeks.

+The egg hunt is now a "real" egg hunt. It's not a repetitive process, and it legitimately involves personal strategies and luck. The increase rate of the leaderboard (the 200th place) is currently 2-5 eggs/hour, which gives people who don't play a lot (Or are busy at this time) a chance to win.

+Prizes are great, and I'll happily take the duck hat if I can. (Is it gonna be random?)

Stop thinking about scraping event ideas, because there aren't many from your current team that are viable anyway (Totally personal opinion). This idea is too good to be scraped.
    I understand how you feel when you read these criticism, but please don't throw away this rare gem found in a pile of ash.

And...
    Siddd said:

+1
  • Will end at end of this month. You can sell the eggs. No issues there. If you have several accts in the top you will only get 1 prize for all accounts. So there's no point to trying to count up alts as well as your main acct. If we detect you trying to hide an alt as a different account to collect multiple prizes you may be disqualified entirely. So I don't recommend that.

But its gonna be hard for people who go to school cause some hunt like all day and night and dont care about that stuff so its kinda unfair to people who have to do that stuff. Just saying.

• HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2019
    Love balloon also raised too much :v

25k->70k
  • For those wondering...

The plan is to give away many rare items that have vanished from the game over the years or become very hard to even trade for. This is partly to reinject items that need it, and to stabilize a bit the price of items after the hacking problems. So top egg collectors will get rare items. How many top collectors? Which rares? I will post more info later. But there will be some randomness to it, so the number 5 spot won't necessarily get a better prize than the number 25 spot. You just need to be among the top collectors to get a prize. I choose this way because I think it's a bit more fair for people playing and I don't wont people obsessing too much about their spot. I think at some point it's not as fun if you're fighting for 1 position and you need to sleep or work etc :-)

Alright.. So the prizes...

25 Cupid Halo
    20 Bunny PJs
    20 Bunny mobile
    20 Easter rider
    15 Krampus Mask
    15 Ramm
    15 Easter umbrella
    15 Motley pants
    15 Motley shirt
    10 Black cat
    10 Pumpkin pets
    10 Dino head
    5 Black Umbrella
    5 Duck hats

Higher ranks will get the better prizes. But all top 200 will get something.

gg u made halo 200k in one day. im so proud. ._.
  • Cubic MomCubic Mom Retired Moderator
    Wow @Gdog, nicely worded! I might also add that it's VERY rare that you EVER get anything for free in life (especially something valuable or rare), so anything free should be appreciated!! It's also rare for any FTP game to last very long, OR to have devs that actually CARE or even LISTEN to the players, so for Sir Kew to even respond to some of this entitled whining and change how he envisioned this FREE event is beyond me! Kudos to you Sir Kew, and I for one would like to thank you and the other devs for being gracious and generous to this community for so many years. Also, I sincerely hope that these special events can somehow continue, because although I can't always participate, I still appreciate the effort and time it takes to make/hold them, as should all of you!!
  • PartyParty Member
    edited April 2019
    Cubic Mom said:

Wow @Gdog, nicely worded! I might also add that it's VERY rare that you EVER get anything for free in life (especially something valuable or rare), so anything free should be appreciated!! It's also rare for any FTP game to last very long, OR to have devs that actually CARE or even LISTEN to the players, so for Sir Kew to even respond to some of this entitled whining and change how he envisioned this FREE event is beyond me! Kudos to you Sir Kew, and I for one would like to thank you and the other devs for being gracious and generous to this community for so many years. Also, I sincerely hope that these special events can somehow continue, because although I can't always participate, I still appreciate the effort and time it takes to make/hold them, as should all of you!!

Very well put, I don't see what the big fuss is about. The time I think is fine it gives us 2 weeks which gives 2 weekends so if you can't get on much during the week there's always the weekend. For people wanting to end it monday y'all are crazy. That's only 5 days of hunting. Not counting easter weekend which makes it down to really 3-5 days for some people.

For people worrying about prizes If you can't get on you can still collect enough eggs to make a few pows. There are plenty of chance's for everyone win. If you don't want to be competitive or don't have the time then don't complain at least you get pows. Stop trying to ruin the event for everyone just because it doesn't work in your favor. I think it was fine with the top 100 getting prizes because they deserved it. The top 200 is people like collecting an hour or two a day.

There are winners and losers in life accept it.

• PixiePixie Pixie HollowMember
    Its not free if you spend just as much time geting eggs as you would working a full time job lol. Not saying everyone on here is right I don't even know all that has been sad. But don't go bunching everyones words and complaints into "everyone is just winny babys" some of these complaints were valid. And all the admins need to do is be more clear next time. If they haddent disided to give out prizes to all 200 there would still be people in the dark thinking they would get a prize seeing how they are on the list!
  • Pixie said:

Its not free if you spend just as much time geting eggs as you would working a full time job lol. Not saying everyone on here is right I don't even know all that has been sad. But don't go bunching everyones words and complaints into "everyone is just winny babys" some of these complaints were valid. And all the admins need to do is be more clear next time. If they haddent disided to give out prizes to all 200 there would still be people in the dark thinking they would get a prize seeing how they are on the list!

Wow Pixie, nicely worded.
    I don’t think we’re winny babies, we’re just trying to show Kewb that he wasn’t clear.
  • edited April 2019

Will end at end of this month. You can sell the eggs. No issues there. If you have several accts in the top you will only get 1 prize for all accounts. So there's no point to trying to count up alts as well as your main acct. If we detect you trying to hide an alt as a different account to collect multiple prizes you may be disqualified entirely. So I don't recommend that.

But its gonna be hard for people who go to school cause some hunt like all day and night and dont care about that stuff so its kinda unfair to people who have to do that stuff. Just saying.

Yeah, I agree with this +1 because a lot of cubic castle's players are kids and most kids have school all throughout the month. Although, currently most schools have given kids a few days off for Easter which now allows kids to collect eggs and get on the leader board. However, once this break is over it kids will have an unfair disadvantage to collect eggs. I believe the egg hunt should end a few days after Easter giving all players a fair chance to win.
    edited April 2019

Yeah, I agree with this +1 because a lot of cubic castle's players are kids and most kids have school all throughout the month. Although, currently most schools have given kids a few days off for Easter which now allows kids to collect eggs and get on the leader board. However, once this break is over it kids will have an unfair disadvantage to collect eggs. I believe the egg hunt should end a few days after Easter giving all players a fair chance to win.
    It will end at the end of the month, as stated. Which is 10 days from now. That's 2 weeks of egg hunting in total. Which is just enough. The leaderboard doesnt go up too fast so that if you'd have only a few days off you were still able to work hard and then go on with your normal life, after your break ends. Do you really think that 200th place will get up to 1200 eggs? Because I do not.
  • Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
    I don't get why people complain so much about these free events.
    1. Just as Cubic Mom said: "it's VERY rare that you EVER get anything for free in life". It is not a question that something has to be exchanged in return for these prizes, be it effort, luck, or talent.
    2. For the people worried about school, sleep, and work: guess what? Everyone else has a life as well. Even the people in the top places have to engage in some kind of activities throughout the week, very few stay at home and do nothing.
    3. No matter what you get as a prize, just be happy that you won something. Sure, compared to the Ramm, a Duck Hat may not be worth as much, but take it out of that context, and it is quite a bit of Cubits.
    4. The Admins have been hard at work trying to fix the economy (yes, some of the items might have been balanced a little too well like the Halo, but it can be tipped back up due to its demand. Like honestly, who would sell it for 200k? Just because someone wants to buy it at that price, doesn't mean that people will sell it) that is why a lot of old items have been introduced. Many of those super rares are stored in accounts that will never be played again, so they are basically lost. Re-introducing a few won't hurt, just means that more people get to buy one (and let's be honest, most of them will go to longtime players anyways based on the current leaderboards, and they have more hard-earned Cubits).
  • Coming here says that I created an entire discors set up with tips crafts, buy and sell and much more:
    https://discord.gg/cc9r7We
This discussion has been closed.