The Templar Flag

The Templar Flag is one of the flags in the cubit store for 20k. It looks like this:

Shouldn't the flags that you can purchase be different from the flags irl? This is the georgian flag:

When you use this flag, people usually suspect you are from Georgia, and when you are from Georgia, people suspect you bought the flag or are from Georgia. I'm wondering why this flag is in the game, and why not other flags? Why can't I buy a British flag and pretend to be British?

Comments

• I want to pretend im from Hungary. But onforranatley, i only have a Hungarian Flag.
  • This has been brought up before, and I agree, it's odd.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Hrm... Well it's a coincidence of sort that the flag is the same. We didn't actually realize a state was also using this design. Now... should you be able to buy a british flag etc... Maybe? But these flags were actually supposed to be non-country flags. So we goofed a bit with this one.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Let's say you have an advantage if you are from georgia. Just like if you are from jersey (the countryish thing) or some other almost never used flag.
    They replaced flags that were never used with customs.
  • Hrm... Well it's a coincidence of sort that the flag is the same. We didn't actually realize a state was also using this design. Now... should you be able to buy a british flag etc... Maybe? But these flags were actually supposed to be non-country flags. So we goofed a bit with this one.

Well, it's not Georgia the state, it's Georgia the country. I think it's next to Russia
  • lucaaa795 said:

Let's say you have an advantage if you are from georgia. Just like if you are from jersey (the countryish thing) or some other almost never used flag.

I used a VPN to evade copyright issues, and i joined up on a Romanian server, and i forgot to turn it off while playing CC and i had a "?" Flag.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Azsimuth said:

lucaaa795 said:

I used a VPN to evade copyright issues, and i joined up on a Romanian server, and i forgot to turn it off while playing CC and i had a "?" Flag.
    Sometimes IPs don't match game's list. That's why it went ?
  • Hrm... Well it's a coincidence of sort that the flag is the same. We didn't actually realize a state was also using this design. Now... should you be able to buy a british flag etc... Maybe? But these flags were actually supposed to be non-country flags. So we goofed a bit with this one.

He is meaning Georgia, the state which is is Europe.
  • edited April 2019
    -Rewrote in the comment below-
  • edited April 2019

Hrm... Well it's a coincidence of sort that the flag is the same. We didn't actually realize a state was also using this design. Now... should you be able to buy a british flag etc... Maybe? But these flags were actually supposed to be non-country flags. So we goofed a bit with this one.

It's partially in Europe and partially in Asia(although it's bigger part is in Asia). It has the same problem as Turkey and because of that we say that transcontinental countries like such are Euroasian.

Also you can always use this flag which is also an iconic one. @SirKewberth

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I don't think I can change the flag now. If someone bought it and wanted that design they now get to keep it. Though if I had known it matched Georgia before we put out the flags I wouldn't have used that design.
  • I don't think I can change the flag now. If someone bought it and wanted that design they now get to keep it. Though if I had known it matched Georgia before we put out the flags I wouldn't have used that design.

Well you can always try I guess. If people don't like it you can maybe put it as a new flag instead.
  • I don't think you should be able to buy other country flags (Kewberth said something above) though if you change the design ever-so-slightly, no one would really mind it, like maybe remove change the red plus' in very corner to like a black? I'm not sure, I suppose you will figure it out either to change or keep it. You do what you think is best.
  • Just use the flag I suggested. It will solve all them problems

It's partially in Europe and partially in Asia(although it's bigger part is in Asia). It has the same problem as Turkey and because of that we say that transcontinental countries like such are Euroasian.

Also you can always use this flag which is also an iconic one. @SirKewberth

It's georgus

• Ba dum Tish!