Egg Hunt 2019

Comments

• ChocoMaleChocoMale Member
    edited April 2019
    @SirKewberth Please stop giving out rarest items in cc.Can you feel how people that spent money in buying cubits?Slymezilla and Bunnyzilla already gave out alot items.Now the egg hunt's turn.Fine.
  • PixiePixie Pixie HollowMember
    Ya the event should be shortened it screws people over with it being so long thats always been the main problem with it. Also if you shorten it then top 100 isn't as bad at that point. You still should be more clear next time. By putting a line between people who get prices and people who don't by using color or a disclaimer.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    ChocoMale said:

@SirKewberth Please stop giving out rarest items in cc.Can you feel how people that spent money in buying cubits?

In the long term, item values won't really be affected. Especially with the hacking and artificial item-value-spikes recently, the more rares reintroduced, the better for almost every player.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    ChocoMale said:

@SirKewberth Please stop giving out rarest items in cc.Can you feel how people that spent money in buying cubits?Slymezilla and Bunnyzilla already gave out alot items.Now the egg hunt's turn.Fine.

I addressed this in an earlier answer.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I thought the event was fine, and a lot better then last year. But, the leaderboard should of been a length that corresponds with the prizes.
  • “Higher ranks will get the better prizes.”
    I don’t think all these arguments helped Kewberth...
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    ChocoMale said:

All is Pious and U fault, you should not blame Kewb, Kewb has no choice
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2019
    ChocoMale said:

Nr1 said:

Kewberth.. so you really will give the rarest things in cc back? like halos, krampus..etc, btw you know there are many players like nisaw who spent a lot of money to buy cubits and spent the cubits in this rares, no..? you know you are literally scamming the players?

@SirKewberth

I'm somewhat sensitive/empathetic to this viewpoint, though not entirely.

In part because I don't believe I've ever added enough to entirely destroy the value of rares since they become rare again over time, and also because I have never promised to not return these items. We can't be chained to the fact that some players choose to speculate on item rarity prices. You do this at your own risk. There is no guarantee an item will go up in price or won't appear next easter etc... unless we specifically say so.

I also believe that there's something a little off about some of the pricing that these items reach. I think it's ok to have rare items and prices that increase over time to some extent, but given that players leave the game and rares dissapear over time, I do believe you can say that items at some point become over-priced. (This I admit is somewhat subjective) -- But it's something players do complain about as well.

Lastly the value of many rares in the game is now artificially inflated by hacks and cheats, so adding more in is somewhat corrective. Even if the price drops substantially in the short term because people want to make quick cubits, I think the long term price effects won't be that bad for the true price. We have seen similar complaints during say.. ramm week and xmas giveaways of krampus masks etc... But look at the prices now? I think when I said I would not have a huge impact on the price at those times, I was correct. I think the same will be true here. Short term price change, but not very big long term price changes. Maybe some mild longer term changes depending on what contests etc.. occur in the future.
  • OK so what I'm getting here is that you guys suggested that the top 200 get a prize. And you got that.
    But now, you're suggesting to keep it so that only the top 100 get a prize and have the event shortened.
    Don't tell me that this was suggested before. I only found ONE comment that barely mentioned shortening the event.

I'm pretty sure if kewb shortened the event you guys would complain (suggest) to make it longer because you don't have enough time to get the eggs.

If you guys don't have enough time to participate in the top 200 you can just go and craft a pow. That's why both the egg hunt AND the pows were added this year. If you have the time, you could participate in the egg hunt. But if you don't you can just craft a few pows or something.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited April 2019
    Cutting the event short on monday would be a bad move. Keep it as it is right now.
    Easter is not only about catholics. It's also about orthodox people. And they celebrate it one week later this year. Orthodox people do have egg-related easter activities irl, and cutting the event short on this monday wouldn't be a nice thing to do.
    @iCantiWill aren't you orthodox?

4 hours everyday collecting eggs should keep you pretty high up... at least on 150th. I collected eggs this morning and went from 40 to 100 in 2 hours. 30 eggs per hour, times 4 equals 120 eggs per day. They're not going that faster.

Thank you, @SirKewberth for listening to us and increasing the prize pool. I think that we're all even, now.
    ChocoMale said:

R I S K S
    edited April 2019
    multiposted.
  • I think it's good rn just the way it is.
  • OK so what I'm getting here is that you guys suggested that the top 200 get a prize. And you got that.
    But now, you're suggesting to keep it so that only the top 100 get a prize and have the event shortened.
    Don't tell me that this was suggested before. I only found ONE comment that barely mentioned shortening the event.

I'm pretty sure if kewb shortened the event you guys would complain (suggest) to make it longer because you don't have enough time to get the eggs.

If you guys don't have enough time to participate in the top 200 you can just go and craft a pow. That's why both the egg hunt AND the pows were added this year. If you have the time, you could participate in the egg hunt. But if you don't you can just craft a few pows or something.

Listen, im an adult and can only spare 2 hours extra. you guys really dont see the problem.. Seriously.
    If sirkew had kept it at 110 people guaranteed getting prizes then the mines would have got raided and people take the eggs from the mines, and when you go the mine that has already been wiped then its a waste of time. I had only suggested him shorten the event. And the only reason I say this is because some of us have work and school and cant catch up with those who dont have it.. If you dont see the problem that's on you.
    The only reason shortening the event was suggested is because it's a little crazy to collect eggs for 6 hrs a day for 2 and a half weeks. Some players have been taking the hunt seriously since the beginning while others have not. Would it be fair for the players who dont care about egg hunting to still place so high simply because the people who care cannot put 6 hours in daily for weeks on end?

It's a suggestion that the event would be better if it was shortened, but it doesn't have to happen in addition to extra prizes.
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Okay, first, thank you for increasing the winners to top 200. That gives me some hope for possibly being on there lol. Second, please don't make the event shorter. Some of us are quite busy over Easter weekend and can't hunt at all.
    I really appreciate you listening to what people are saying here and trying to make the event the best it can be.
  • The only reason shortening the event was suggested is because it's a little crazy to collect eggs for 6 hrs a day for 2 and a half weeks. Some players have been taking the hunt seriously since the beginning while others have not. Would it be fair for the players who dont care about egg hunting to still place so high simply because the people who care cannot put 6 hours in daily for weeks on end?

It's a suggestion that the event would be better if it was shortened, but it doesn't have to happen in addition to extra prizes.

The players who don’t care about the event wouldn’t have placed so high, in fact I think they would’ve spent hours searching for eggs and caring about the event more.

• Ragean said:

OK so what I'm getting here is that you guys suggested that the top 200 get a prize. And you got that.

Listen, im an adult and can only spare 2 hours extra. you guys really dont see the problem.. Seriously.
    If sirkew had kept it at 110 people guaranteed getting prizes then the mines would have got raided and people take the eggs from the mines, and when you go the mine that has already been wiped then its a waste of time. I had only suggested him shorten the event. And the only reason I say this is because some of us have work and school and cant catch up with those who dont have it.. If you dont see the problem that's on you.
    I'm sorry but I usually go egg hunting in Pelago and barely find anyone there.
    Forest mines and arctic mines are the best for egg hunting imo. There are more people in forest mines and I barely see anyone in arctic ones. You can just jump around if you're worrying about getting slowed down by the snow.
    Pelago isn't even the only overworld that's great for hunting. Aspen and tinkerworld are also great. Eden and spyre are always filled because they're more popular.

If you still can't find any eggs then I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

The only reason shortening the event was suggested is because it's a little crazy to collect eggs for 6 hrs a day for 2 and a half weeks. Some players have been taking the hunt seriously since the beginning while others have not. Would it be fair for the players who dont care about egg hunting to still place so high simply because the people who care cannot put 6 hours in daily for weeks on end?

Okay if this is actually the main problem, why did you suggest to have it so top 200 get the prizes?

I pretty sure the people that "don't care" wouldn't even try to participate. IT IS fair for the people who placed high. They worked hard enough and were serious enough to be in that high spot. I'm also pretty sure it isn't as simple as you think it is.

I also stay up all day egg hunting but I'm still top 30? I lost sleep and I get lots of headaches. I can't even imagine how much sleep the top 10 are losing.
  • "I SEE EGGS EVERYWHERE, my hands are hurting... and its 2 am in the morning...."
    Yerstoday Azsimuth
    Seiusly, im not even in the top 200, i need like 5. If it would be extended a bit, i could take a break.
    Please extend a bit!
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited April 2019

Okay, first, thank you for increasing the winners to top 200. That gives me some hope for possibly being on there lol. Second, please don't make the event shorter. Some of us are quite busy over Easter weekend and can't hunt at all.
    I really appreciate you listening to what people are saying here and trying to make the event the best it can be.

^

Also, you guy wants rare prizes for top 100/200, but after Kewberth show the prize lists and some of you only complain about Kewb making rares price goes down, but do you know why? Pious and V(or U) buy the stuffs that Kewb listed(some don't have) for terrible overpriced, even Kewb give back items and take the cubits but the items prices is still HIGH, Kewb has no choice but to make this to lower the rare prices!

Making the egg hunt shorter is bad idea, just because you have a lot of eggs doesn't mean u need to WIN ASAP. You should enjoy the event instead of focus on prizes! Kewb make event is for fun and enjoy it! Not because fight for prizes even you want it!
    ChocoMale said:

Why? Do you know why? If Kewb don't give the rarest items in cc away, it think it will soon go up to 1m, thats why kewb do that to lower the prices.
    It's not two weeks and a half. It's a week and a half. Cutting the entire week would leave us with only a few days of egg hunt or that never happened before and hopefully wont in the future.
    @SirKewberth bring the red baloons as a participation reward for everyone that collects over lets say 200 eggs. Everyone should be happy.
    Azsimuth said:

"I SEE EGGS EVERYWHERE, my hands are hurting... and its 2 am in the morning...."
    Yerstoday Azsimuth
    Seiusly, im not even in the top 200, i need like 5. If it would be extended a bit, i could take a break.
    Please extend a bit!

The problem with the egg hunt is that the competitive players cannot afford to take breaks. I decide to sleep and drop 100 places overnight.

I should not have to lose sleep for weeks on end in order to stay where I am. No player should have to do that. Same goes for players who have commitments. Attending something in their life should not mean they drop 50+ places.

The longer the hunt goes, the more time ends up being sunk into it and the more players sacrifice their lives for the game, which is exactly what Sir Kewberth said he did not want happening.

Even if it was extended, you could not take a break and hope to climb. That's not to say that it should only last a few days, but I think 2 weeks should be the absolute maximum duration of an event like this.

Obviously, each player has their own preferences when it comes to how long an event should last, but I seriously doubt extending it would benefit you as much as you seem to think it would.

(Also having huge extensions is extremely rude to the players who have been seriously egg hunting since the beginning. They could have hunted for 18 hrs the first 3 days thinking it would only last a week, only to find out they won't be able to catch up on sleep without completely dropping off the leaderboards.)
  • First day, i had a pretty good score on the leaderboard
  • I think this argument has gone too far. I say lets just end the argument. It has already been discussed that we should make it top 200 and so it was made top 200.
  • Players who buy cash don't know how normal players's life . They choose to ruin our fun with their money . The loop : Buy rare -> Sell higher ->Buy rare/wear them -> Sell higher . I am done .

Players who buy cash don't know how normal players's life . They choose to ruin our fun with their money . The loop : Buy rare -> Sell higher ->Buy rare/wear them -> Sell higher . I am done .

You are kind of wrong. The people that do that are free to play players. People who spend money on the game really don’t do that because they don’t need to make cubits.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited April 2019
    U said:

Players who buy cash don't know how normal players's life . They choose to ruin our fun with their money . The loop : Buy rare -> Sell higher ->Buy rare/wear them -> Sell higher . I am done .

You are kind of wrong. The people that do that are free to play players. People who spend money on the game really don’t do that because they don’t need to make cubits.
    But they do this will make items getting more expensive and normal players can't afford
  • sdgamez3sdgamez3 Member
    edited April 2019
    Look people. Sir.kewberth is not to be blamed for any of this. U and pious are. You need to appreciate how much work kewb puts into this game and stop complaining. Sir kewberth spends most of his time making the game better and the rest listening to all us players so I would appreciate if you stop whining and complaint and crying like 2yo's. Grow up please and try to see things from his perspective. He is a human too you know? And he has a family too, but he spends his time making the game better for whiners like you. I bet all you complainers cant make a video game half as good as this one.i know everyone has school and jobs but the thing is, it's your responsibility to manage those not the devs. And no need crying over a game as it is just a game and has no affect on your life whatsoever.so i, and I'm sure all the people who are annoyed and frustrated with your "suggestions", will appreciate it if you stop whining and play this game with good Grace and no ill feeling.also you all wanted 200 prizes you got 'em. He wants to restore those items that went up in price because of them nutters U and pious. So just be happy and have fun :D. Try to live life positively! :)
    I wish you all a good day
    Sdgamez3
  • sdgamez3 said:

Look people. Sir.kewberth is not to be blamed for any of this. U and pious are. You need to appreciate how much work kewb puts into this game and stop complaining. Sir kewberth spends most of his time making the game better and the rest listening to all us players so I would appreciate if you stop whining and complaint and crying like 2yo's. Grow up please and try to see things from his perspective. He is a human too you know? And he has a family too, but he spends his time making the game better for whiners like you. I bet all you complainers cant make a video game half as good as this one.i know everyone has school and jobs but the thing is, it's your responsibility to manage those not the devs. And no need crying over a game as it is just a game and has no affect on your life whatsoever.so i, and I'm sure all the people who are annoyed and frustrated with your "suggestions", will appreciate it if you stop whining and play this game with good Grace and no ill feeling.also you all wanted 200 prizes you got 'em. He wants to restore those items that went up in price because of them nutters U and pious. So just be happy and have fun :D. Try to live life positively! :)
    Sdgamez3

Eggcellent
    edited April 2019
    sdgamez3 said:

Sdgamez3

*Everyone is complaining about how the hunt was poorly planned*

Everyone: V and Pious forced the egg hunt to be poorly planned!!!!

Also, we bought one slime costume. They gaveaway.. 80?

Yeah it’s partly our fault. But you can’t just use our usernames as an excuse for every single thing that happens in the game.
  • Okay, first, thank you for increasing the winners to top 200. That gives me some hope for possibly being on there lol. Second, please don't make the event shorter. Some of us are quite busy over Easter weekend and can't hunt at all.

^^^^ So much this! I have family in town this weekend. I get to hunt today, but probably won't be able to hunt most of the rest of the weekend until they leave on Monday (though I will try, because hunting for the eggs is one of my favorite event activities in the game - I like discovery even if I'm doing a monotonous search pattern to find them).

Last year, I was stuck in an airport on Easter and out of town for two days with my Mom and not able to play over the holiday weekend while I was with her. I think many people may have family / church / travel / other obligations over this weekend that don't necessarily include playing CC. So ending the event early really isn't all that fair to them and give everyone an opportunity to participate.

If people want to quit after a day or two of hunting, that is their choice. If people want to hunt every day that is their choice. If a handful spend 24/7 for two weeks hunting to be in the top 5-10 slots, that is their choice. Broadening it to even 100, but now 200 players to get additional prizes, is extremely generous.

Thanks so much SirK for increasing the number of prizes to equal the number of slots on the bumper! That's very kind, and reasonable. I feel for you...people are always going to be complaining about something. Sadly, we live in a world of participation trophies and people not understanding anything about true competition (which is why so many are ill prepared for the RL and then whine and snivel so much).

I think it's amazing we not only get POWs, but also have some level of competition to find eggs that provides a bonus item to someone in the top x of the competition. Makes it more challenging than just finding eggs to craft POWs. So, thanks for that, SirK!
This discussion has been closed.