mac problem

soap barsoap bar Member
edited April 2019 in Help Requests
so everytime i open up cubic my whole screen is black yet i still have the options to click something like its playing the game but it doesnt show up, and the sound works too but nothing shows up its just black does anyone know how to solve this or is the game unplayable on mac lol

and yes ive tried reinstalling
and yes ive tried turning off my mac and turning it on
and no im not gonna get a better computer like a windows

Comments

• What are your specs?
  • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    4GB RAM 1600MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
    cubic has been working before on my mac
  • try playing on windowed mode, i had a similar problem and it got fixed when i did that.
  • Piratax10 said:

try playing on windowed mode, i had a similar problem and it got fixed when i did that.

but how tho, the game forces itself into fullscreen mode and its just black i cant really do anything
  • soap bar said:

Piratax10 said:

try playing on windowed mode, i had a similar problem and it got fixed when i did that.

but how tho, the game forces itself into fullscreen mode and its just black i cant really do anything
    There should be a separate file specifying all of the game settings.
  • soap bar said:

Piratax10 said:

Try this:

Right-click the game and press "show package's content", open contents, resources, then sandbox.

There is a file named: "settings"
    Open it, now search for "Graphics.fullscreen=true"
    Delete "true" and write "false"
  • soap barsoap bar Member
    edited May 2019
    it doesnt work lmao @Piratax10
  • soap bar said:

What didn't work, the method i said or your game got into windowed but the black screen remains?

I only have 1 more idea if your game didn't get to windowed mode.
    You can try clicking on the cc options by memory and disabling fullscreen option, i would send you a picture of the cc options but i am unable to use my computer right now...
  • soap barsoap bar Member
    edited May 2019
    Piratax10 said:

soap bar said:

What didn't work, the method i said or your game got into windowed but the black screen remains?

I only have 1 more idea if your game didn't get to windowed mode.
    You can try clicking on the cc options by memory and disabling fullscreen option, i would send you a picture of the cc options but i am unable to use my computer right now...
    the method you said, it got in windowed mode but it was still black
    actually it does when everything is default, i just cant fix my settings or my game will get corrupted and textures will be white but if i exit out to try and fix the glitch the game wont show up visuaully
  • Same thing happens to me on Mac.
  • Same thing happend to me I have pictutes of the messed up texture stuff and have even made a discussion about it, ive only started having problems with it when the easter pack came out today @SirKewberth