Egg Hunt 2019

Comments

• "I think at some point it's not as fun if you're fighting for 1 position and you need to sleep or work etc :-) "

Egg hunting wasn't stressful bc everyone thought they just had to be on the list. Now everyone is gonna scramble to be in the top. So I guess that intention flew right out the window.

This is top 100+ and there's no big difference between being 75 or 50 or 25 -- Of course there's going to be SOME cut-off somewhere. And depending how many people are fighting for spots it'll be more or less competitive. But it could have been stricter. There's no way to make it a contest without having some kind of competition to it. I just hoped the rules would be relaxed enough that more people could participate.

You took away 100 prizes from people and only 100 people will get the prizes. What is the point in doing the egg hunt when its guaranteed only 100 people will get the prize :/

Some people really DONT have the time at all. I think we should revert to the top 200 getting prizes
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    The intention was definitely not clear then. Whether it was the goal or not, you put 200 people under the impression that they were winning a prize and then cut that number in half. Please understand for future events the difference between "introducing 100 prizes" and "taking 100 prizes away".
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited April 2019
    Maybe do a poll with 3 options:
    -Finish the event Monday
    -Remove the leaderboard
    -200 prizes
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Nobody said anything about how many prizes there was until today.

I can't help it if people just assume stuff.
  • TyndaleTyndale Member
    edited April 2019
    I wouldn't like it to be finished Monday bc I'm going to be busy over the weekend and i need more time to collect eggs
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited April 2019
    It seems like a slap in the face to see yourself at e.g 198, still on the board, and you still need to get to 100.

Again, your intentions were not clear. People understand your decisions differently. For most players, creating a bumper with 200 players on it implies to them that 200 people are getting a prize. It implies to them that even making it on the bumper is an achievement that should be rewarded.

You CAN in fact help it if people assume stuff. Don't make a bumper with 200 slots on it if you don't want people to assume there will be 200 winners.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Oh and don't forget the eggs are ALSO craftable into pows. So we went from 50 prizes a couple of years ago, to only pows, to over 100 very valuable prizes + pows. I really don't think anyone should be complaining.

• What makes egg hunting harder is bunnyzilla, we don’t know whether we should wait for BZ or hunt for eggs.

I’m sorry but you are the one that made us ‘assume stuff’, you said “"I think at some point it's not as fun if you're fighting for 1 position and you need to sleep or work etc :-) "
    That made us think that yay this year isn’t gonna be as competitive as the previous years but then bammmm you tell us the opposite thing.

• Oh and don't forget the eggs are ALSO craftable into pows. So we went from 50 prizes a couple of years ago, to only pows, to over 100 very valuable prizes + pows. I really don't think anyone should be complaining.

Ok so pows don’t really matter, plus who cares about the prize, the problem was always with the egg hunt and how it wasn’t fair to a lot of people.

Oh and don't forget the eggs are ALSO craftable into pows. So we went from 50 prizes a couple of years ago, to only pows, to over 100 very valuable prizes + pows. I really don't think anyone should be complaining.

I don't think you understand what we're even complaining about. Take a quick second and actually READ the complaints and maybe you'll see it then.

People aren't mad about 100 prizes because it's not enough.

People are mad about 100 prizes because they expected 200.

If you give people more than they expect, they are usually happy.

If you give people less than they expect, they will get mad at you for it.
  • Oh and don't forget the eggs are ALSO craftable into pows. So we went from 50 prizes a couple of years ago, to only pows, to over 100 very valuable prizes + pows. I really don't think anyone should be complaining.

You have to keep in mind bc you added those rare prizes, people will raid all the mines and im going through the mines and there are no eggs to get bc people have been in them. And I dont have the time to go to 10 mines and get nothing. Im better off going to my realms and looking for eggs.

........SirKew you do not understand our frustration......
    I don't think you guys read what I wrote. I did not say the 2nd hundred people on the list got nothing.

But ok... I will up the prize counts to make it top 200 are guaranteed to get a prize. No doubt I'll get complaints about that as well...
    edited April 2019

I don't think you guys read what I wrote. I did not say the 2nd hundred people on the list got nothing.

But ok... I will up the prize counts to make it top 200 are guaranteed to get a prize. No doubt I'll get complaints about that as well...

I mean, probably not lol that's exactly what everyone was expecting XD
    Ty tho for actually listening.
  • I don't think you guys read what I wrote. I did not say the 2nd hundred people on the list got nothing.

Thx you.
  • OMG these comments are coming so rapidly
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited April 2019
    Btw Kewberth, remember the 2016 Krampus giveaway, you said that you got a chest full of krampuses ready to giveaway (so 15 krampuses) then you gave out like 50 Krampuses.
    No one complained, the price went low then it went up back again in a month.
  • PixiePixie Pixie HollowMember
    But that is not clear to people and to think of all the people who don't look at fourms. They won't know they don't get a prize if they aren't in the top 100 unless someone tells them. It also is way harder to do the egg hunt then in past years! When you could tell if there were eggs in a mine. Now we can wander a mine for 10mins or more and find nothing. Sometimes its hours before finding anything because there are so many ppl hunting and no way to tell if the mine has been cleared or not. People loss sleep and time over these hunts every year it wouldn't be so bad if these hunts weren't weeks or months long. I get you are trying to give everyone a chance to hunt but it mostly makes me people tired and very let down when they spend hours apond hours trying to win something only to be past up. To think people have got 3k eggs or more and still didn't win anything thats at least 60 hours hunting probably more. So to not be clear on who gets prizes off the bat is just wrong. And very upsetting to many...
  • Event should end sooner IMO.
  • Event should end sooner IMO.

+1

Btw Kewberth, remember the 2016 Krampus giveaway, you said that you got a chest full of krampuses ready to giveaway (so 15 krampuses) then you gave out like 50 Krampuses.

I don't think it was quite that many.. but I did give out more in the end.
  • You can always make the event shorter.
    Then there would be no need to add 100 more prizes.
  • Btw Kewberth, remember the 2016 Krampus giveaway, you said that you got a chest full of krampuses ready to giveaway (so 15 krampuses) then you gave out like 50 Krampuses.

I don't think it was quite that many.. but I did give out more in the end.
    If you wanna screw people over and only give out 110 prizes, then atleast make the event shorter.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    Is the prizes we get it randomly or pick or leaderboard?
  • Why are you guys still complaining?
    You wanted prizes for the top 200 and now you have it.
    Do you now want prizes for top 110 and have the event shorter??
    Make up your mind.

Why are you guys still complaining?

I remember now why we stopped the egg hunt...
  • Marlboro ManMarlboro Man Member
    edited April 2019

Make up your mind.

This was already recommended in the beginning of the argument, We're simply all adults that dont have as much as other people do.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    congrats people, you were whining so much that you basically got kewberth on the edge of getting angry and made him put more prizes in...

Make up your mind.

Ideally, top 200 and a shorter event. There's no reason to make it last 2 weeks+ when most players will seriously hunt eggs for 2 days and then be done with it. Have it last a week or so and be done with it.

No one is complaining about 200 prizes. We are making suggestions to further improve the event. Please understand the difference between a complaint and a suggestion. Typically a complaint doesn't involve a solution/improvement.
  • Ragean said:

Make up your mind.

This was already recommended in the beginning of the argument
    Exactly, we’re not arguing, we’re giving him suggestions...
This discussion has been closed.