Egg Hunt 2019

Comments

• im just biding my time, waiting for this easter event thing to be over so that i can sell pows for THOUSANDS OF C lol im just enjoying it
  • All 200 People Will get a prize? ?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    yeah but atleast a reward at a certain ammount of eggs atleast makes me want to collect eggs, i hoped to be online more, but with these garbage egg spawns i wont even log in...
  • +Tavo++Tavo+ Member
    edited April 2019
    It would be better if the top top get the best because suppose, I'm in first place and they give me an exe and after the last position is given an Easter umbrella, the truth would not seem just that ...
    You have to make the event more competitive by giving the best to the best (No randomized prizes).
  • It would be better if the top top get the best because suppose, I'm in first place and they give me an exe and after the last position is given an Easter umbrella, the truth would not seem just that ...
    You have to make the event more competitive by giving the best to the best (No randomized prizes).

The prizes distributed wouldn't be below 100k (I hope not). Sir.K said he will post more information about prizes later, so we'll wait and see if the prizes are actually worth it.
  • PartyParty Member
    I don't think its going to be that unfair ricardo...
  • The reason their doing randomized prizes is to get the rates that were hacked back into the game.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

The reason their doing randomized prizes is to get the rates that were hacked back into the game.

False. They're randomizing them to keep a somewhat balance between first and someone in the middle of the leaderboard because they want to give more people a chance, not only to those that have sold their social lives to the devil.
    Nobody asked you to be first. You're just as fine with 10th place, this year at least.
    I am all for equal chance of getting something as long as you're in the leaderboard. Of course first may get an extra prize (say 50k cubits, like in previous years) but that should be all.
  • the first few minutes i found 3 green and brown eggs :V im actually ondering if it is the most common of the rare ones
  • Glad to hear it ends at the end of the month since I have family coming in tonight for the holiday weekend! Thanks for that!!

So, I'm assuming if we have alts, we just need to keep their egg count below the leaderboard and we should be okay. I'd like to collect some eggs in my alts, but I don't want to get in trouble for doing it. Who should we message should one of our alts breaks into the top 200 due to focused collection?
  • Will end at end of this month. You can sell the eggs. No issues there. If you have several accts in the top you will only get 1 prize for all accounts. So there's no point to trying to count up alts as well as your main acct. If we detect you trying to hide an alt as a different account to collect multiple prizes you may be disqualified entirely. So I don't recommend that.

What if you and your brother both want to join and sharing the same device?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Will end at end of this month. You can sell the eggs. No issues there. If you have several accts in the top you will only get 1 prize for all accounts. So there's no point to trying to count up alts as well as your main acct. If we detect you trying to hide an alt as a different account to collect multiple prizes you may be disqualified entirely. So I don't recommend that.

Better contact us ahead of time and let us know that's the case so we can make a note of it and check that it makes sense.
  • All 200 collectors get same thing ?
  • Kewberth.. so you really will give the rarest things in cc back? like halos, krampus..etc, btw you know there are many players like nisaw who spent a lot of money to buy cubits and spent the cubits in this rares, no..? you know you are literally scamming the players?

@SirKewberth
  • Will end at end of this month. You can sell the eggs. No issues there. If you have several accts in the top you will only get 1 prize for all accounts. So there's no point to trying to count up alts as well as your main acct. If we detect you trying to hide an alt as a different account to collect multiple prizes you may be disqualified entirely. So I don't recommend that.

Better contact us ahead of time and let us know that's the case so we can make a note of it and check that it makes sense.
    Full details? and prizes?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Nr1 said:

Kewberth.. so you really will give the rarest things in cc back? like halos, krampus..etc, btw you know there are many players like nisaw who spent a lot of money to buy cubits and spent the cubits in this rares, no..? you know you are literally scamming the players?

@SirKewberth

I'm somewhat sensitive/empathetic to this viewpoint, though not entirely.

In part because I don't believe I've ever added enough to entirely destroy the value of rares since they become rare again over time, and also because I have never promised to not return these items. We can't be chained to the fact that some players choose to speculate on item rarity prices. You do this at your own risk. There is no guarantee an item will go up in price or won't appear next easter etc... unless we specifically say so.

I also believe that there's something a little off about some of the pricing that these items reach. I think it's ok to have rare items and prices that increase over time to some extent, but given that players leave the game and rares dissapear over time, I do believe you can say that items at some point become over-priced. (This I admit is somewhat subjective) -- But it's something players do complain about as well.

Lastly the value of many rares in the game is now artificially inflated by hacks and cheats, so adding more in is somewhat corrective. Even if the price drops substantially in the short term because people want to make quick cubits, I think the long term price effects won't be that bad for the true price. We have seen similar complaints during say.. ramm week and xmas giveaways of krampus masks etc... But look at the prices now? I think when I said I would not have a huge impact on the price at those times, I was correct. I think the same will be true here. Short term price change, but not very big long term price changes. Maybe some mild longer term changes depending on what contests etc.. occur in the future.
    edited April 2019
    I feel like everyone in top 200 should get at least a rare. Why didnt you make it first 115 or whatever, then??
    Raise those numbers up until everyone in top 200 gets one of the rares that you have mentioned in the main post. I'd say that easter umbrellas should be raised up to much more, and maybe even double the number of pets given away.

Also @Nr1 the cubic economy, just like every other economy has something scary named

r i s k s
    that one has to take when investing in something. We, the non cubit buyers shouldn't be any lower in their eyes than one that spends 1000$ every week. It's not really like that, but everyone still gets their fair share mostly. They want to keep it fair for both sides, although one has to suffer, more or less.
    The guy couldve spent his money on some real life things instead. Or on bitcoin. Instead he spent the money on cubits which were further used to invest in things. Or no item should have a guaranteed 500% return in one year. Not even two.
    Well it was only supposed to be top 100... So I did increase it a little Maybe I'll add more prizes later. No promises.
  • I'm so glad black cats are being given out.

No offence to other pets but, black cats are the best.

I'm so glad black cats are being given out.

5 won't do much lol.
  • I'm so glad black cats are being given out.

Yes, that's the one item on the list that I'd love to win, should I be able to get back into the top 100 again. The rest are okay, but I'm not a rares collector. I used to have two black cats in RL, and would love to get one in game, but I'm not into spending crazy cubits on virtual things...but if I got one in a pack or won one...that would be awesome. Maybe if I get back in the top 100 and win something deemed 'better'; someone who wins one will trade with me.
  • PartyParty Member
    Well now I guess I'm gonna have to go collect eggs a lot.
    b3achy said:

I'm so glad black cats are being given out.

Yes, that's the one item on the list that I'd love to win, should I be able to get back into the top 100 again. The rest are okay, but I'm not a rares collector. I used to have two black cats in RL, and would love to get one in game, but I'm not into spending crazy cubits on virtual things...but if I got one in a pack or won one...that would be awesome. Maybe if I get back in the top 100 and win something deemed 'better'; someone who wins one will trade with me.
    But if you win an umbrella or Ramm or something else you could maybe sell it and buy a cat or trade it for cat etc.. So any valuable can indirectly become a cat. (assuming someone is willing to part with one)
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    "I think at some point it's not as fun if you're fighting for 1 position and you need to sleep or work etc :-) "

Egg hunting wasn't stressful bc everyone thought they just had to be on the list. Now everyone is gonna scramble to be in the top. So I guess that intention flew right out the window.
  • Please consider this Sir Kewberth.
    Can we remove the leaderboard completely?
    A lot of cc players are teenagers/adults, we got school, homework, a job, meetings, etc...
    We don’t have the time to spend 6 hours a day so we can stay in the top 100/200(especially with the crazy radius)
    So can you just remove the leaderboard and make it like whenever we reach for example 2000 eggs, we’ll definitely get a prize from the list you posted.
    OR like keep the leaderboard and finish the event next week and not the end of this month?
  • Please consider this Sir Kewberth.
    A lot of cc players are teenagers/adults, we got school, homework, a job, meetings, etc...
    We don’t have the time to spend 6 hours a day so we can stay in the top 100/200(especially with the crazy radius)
    So can you just remove the leaderboard and make it like whenever we reach for example 2000 eggs, we’ll definitely get a prize from the list you posted.
    OR like keep the leaderboard and finish the event next week and not the end of this month?

I agree, I have a job and was wanting to participate in the top leaderboard but now that this was posted the prizes. A lot of people are going to be really competitive. I can really only put in 4-6 hours now people have to put in 8-10 hours just to stay in 110. Why did you change your story SirKewberth >:C @SirKewberth
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Please consider this Sir Kewberth.

yeah i am agreeing with this, maybe if the egg radius was about 5-10 blocks sure, but 3 blocks is way too low for me, cant really play a lot so with this radius i dont even reach the leaderboard

"I think at some point it's not as fun if you're fighting for 1 position and you need to sleep or work etc :-) "

Egg hunting wasn't stressful bc everyone thought they just had to be on the list. Now everyone is gonna scramble to be in the top. So I guess that intention flew right out the window.

This is top 100+ and there's no big difference between being 75 or 50 or 25 -- Of course there's going to be SOME cut-off somewhere. And depending how many people are fighting for spots it'll be more or less competitive. But it could have been stricter. There's no way to make it a contest without having some kind of competition to it. I just hoped the rules would be relaxed enough that more people could participate.

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

This is top 100+ and there's no big difference between being 75 or 50 or 25 -- Of course there's going to be SOME cut-off somewhere. And depending how many people are fighting for spots it'll be more or less competitive. But it could have been stricter. There's no way to make it a contest without having some kind of competition to it. I just hoped the rules would be relaxed enough that more people could participate.

The contest was the top 200. Everyone was under the impression that if you make it on the bumper, you would win a prize. It's not that you introduced a cut-off, its that you tightened the cut-off and it seems like you're screwing 100 players out of prizes they expect to be getting (especially if they don't see the forums).

The contest was the top 200. Everyone was under the impression that if you make it on the bumper, you would win a prize. It's not that you introduced a cut-off, its that you tightened the cut-off and it seems like you're screwing 100 players out of prizes they expect to be getting (especially if they don't see the forums).
    I never once said it was top 200 -- The reason the bumpers shows more people is so you can see how far you are from the guaranteed prize area. Ill consider bumping up the prize pool so that the top 200 can get a prize. But that was never the intention.
This discussion has been closed.