A trash slot in you inventory

What if you could throw something away without dropping it and making a mess. What if you could a have a slot on the side of your inventory that works like the normal trash but with maybe only one space to put stuff

Comments

• thats what trashcans are for
  • Ya but then you have to find one or craft one
  • Suggesting that trashcans would be next to useless? I'd be for it. Its li!e saying why do we need computers when we have a menu. Its just a neat block to have, even though there is an easier way. +1
  • -1 People would accidentally trash items.
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited April 2019
    Azsimuth said:

-1 People would accidentally trash items.

confirmation box should fix that or what about a chat command then? we have one for trading. If people STILL somehow trash their items by accident, that's on them.
  • 10÷10 ×2 -1
  • +1, because this would be useful (Especially in the lobby when ppl give you warp crunch to their shop) and every game could use to be a lot more like Terraria lol
  • PartyParty Member
    Would love this +1
  • +2.5k
  • Just throw it out of your inventory.
    Why would this even be needed?
  • Just throw it out of your inventory.

You can't throw things out of your inventory in no littering realms like the lobby
  • 'Gold' said:

Just throw it out of your inventory.

You can't throw things out of your inventory in no littering realms like the lobby
    Then you leave the realm and go throw it out somewhere else
  • 'Gold' said:

Do you think anyone in the game will take that many steps to get rid of a noob's shop's warp crunch? lol
  • 'Gold' said:

Ahh yes but you see silver,with this...you wouldn't have to
    It ruins the purpose of the trash can
    Just carry a trashcan with you at all times
    I do it and it's helpful for when my inv is jam packed with trash
    If you really want to get rid of a shop warp crunch, just eat the crunch and then carry on.. You don't have to look at what even is in the realm.
    edited April 2019

yeah no, I'd like something better please and this is it. I don't like the idea of a trash can taking up one space of my inventory when I can have something else in it. seriously tho how is this different from what is suggested? the only difference I see is you'd have to place the trash can but then you'd need to have permission in that realm. "then go back to your own realm" if this was a thing I wouldn't have to. There's so many situations that can happen that would force you no to go back to your own place like participating in a massive pow giveaway. The ability to dispose stuff conveniently and fast without having to go somewhere else or finding a nearby trash can or throwing it out of your inventory and making a mess is a massive plus.

Carry a trashcan with us really? players threw their stuff in the lobby because it was more convenient, it was so bad that the devs had to make a no littering block and you're saying carry a trashcan with us? people will choose what's convenient to them, sure you can keep doing what you normally do, don't expect they will.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember

If you really want to get rid of a shop warp crunch, just eat the crunch and then carry on.. You don't have to look at what even is in the realm.

You wouldn't need to carry a trash can and permissions in the realm.
    edited April 2019
    Instead of just one space to put stuff in, how about clicking the trash button on the side and then a window half the size of an inventory pops up? it has another button in it that you'll click to flush out whatever you've put in that window. It also should have a different color like gray or something.

some games has a feature that lets you lock items in your inventory, you can't move the item once locked so you won't accidentally trash it. Wouldn't be a bad idea to copy that, then your suggestion could still work.
  • With all the comments saying to carry a trash can or drop it, well there's things to stop you, there can be a no littering bumper or you don't have perm. with this no matter were you are you can throw anything away with nothing stopping you, and miwky a confirmation box is a great idea :)
  • And the rest of you thank you for supporting this idea :)
  • Why would you carry a trashcan so you can have the ability to maybe throw out a couple items if needed.
  • Just add a trash can in the lobby.......
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I kind of like this idea... Though I'm not sure this would be the right way to do it and I do worry about people accidentally trashing valuable items. But having a way to toss stuff without throwing it on the ground is appealing to me,...
  • 4HEad4HEad Member

I kind of like this idea... Though I'm not sure this would be the right way to do it and I do worry about people accidentally trashing valuable items. But having a way to toss stuff without throwing it on the ground is appealing to me,...

how about maybe adding the 'trash' slot all the way to the left middle of the screen if you are on pc?
    and the trash slot only appears when fully extending your inventory, and we wouldnt be wasting a spot in our inventory or accidentally trashing valuable items.
    i dont really know how it would be on mobile though as the screen is much smaller

I do worry about people accidentally trashing valuable items.

Most games especially mmorpgs have lock item feature in them, maybe try and add that? would prevent people trashing their valuables if they're locked.

• Why is Silver so negative with everyone's suggestions? Calm down!

+666 @SirKewberth , what if you added a trash can saying "Trash things" and maybe only items that are consumable by a player like berries or glue and things you can craft with, and then it will say "are you sure you want to trash 100 dirt item(s)?" Like a vend?
  • I do worry about people accidentally trashing valuable items. But having a way to toss stuff without throwing it on the ground is appealing to me,...

@SirKewberth well that's what the confirmation box would be for like when buying something from the cubit store
  • Usefull idea