Back to basics

Ok we all know what happened and I dont believe it needs anymore attention than it has already received. I just want to say this raises the issue of where we go from now. We are all worried about the economy but that is only a small part of this game. In my time I've seen some amazing builds and love the aspect of mining and crafting. A lot of effort time and commitment has been put in by this development team to create such a wonderful experience for us all, and also shows that they are actively protecting us. I love the fact that the crafting side of things is soo realistic as far as what materials are used for what items.

I get upset when I see players soo desperately want the rarest items that are soo far out of their budget for whatever reason. I know I say it a lot but its important, I had a massive collection room early in the game with no cubit purchases I crafted materials builders wanted and found when I wanted and needed an item such as chests or decorative items I created lots and sold the ones I didn't need. This also went for the materials that I didn't use but had overload of. I used to spend a few days mining as its fun and a sense of accomplishment basically getting it all not only for free but get cubits and xp from doing so. I consider myself somewhat observant and question the players who never level up that spend their entire game time asking for items and don't think they realise that with some hard work and dedication they can achieve soo much more than the items they were asking for without the rejection that goes with asking.

This all being said yes I buy cubits and I feel it is more to support the app and ensure it continues and doesn't die like soo many games have in the past, and yes I like to give away items but find it increasingly hard finding the players that truly deserve it and not taking advantage of my good nature as it can generally be the reason I go offline and lock my realms. This effects my game play as I don't get to mine build and craft and also limits me from doing giveaways and events.

I'm was recently working on making a maze and trying to work out a way I can incorporate that into an event to reward players and give them something fun in game to do. Unfortunately this is now on hold as recently while i was overloaded with players with a variety of problems and issues they wanted my help with, I had a friend come and ask if I wanted to be part of a video and to escape the crowd of begging and requests I said yes and unfortunately couldn't see my screen and assume i threw the items just off my donation/sorting table ultimately loosing thousands of deco clan stones which i spent the next day frantically searching for with no luck. I will recover from this in time but that build is officially on hold.

Now I have decided that I will be building a room where I am going to make some low budget costume ideas that players may hopefully find one that suits their style or mood whatever they choose to dress by. The plan is to show people that even though the items may be "cheap" they still look cool and stylish as there is lots and lots of hats accessories and clothing that aren't the normal. Trust me if we all walked around in a krampus mask we would probably scare half the kids playing lol and it wouldn't be individual. Please be proud of who you are an the position in the game you currently are at, no one came into this game as a pro they all worked at somewhat to get to where they are. As you progress through you will remember the outfits you once wore and it will show your progression and give you a sense of accomplishment.

I'm sorry for the long post but I feel it needs to be said now more than ever. Thank you for taking the time to read and hope this clears up any questions anyone has about my recent thoughts of leaving the game on the discord channels. We’re qbees you may be able to kill us but we respawn.

Comments

• I support you chick.
  • ScionScion Member
    I found myself agreeing with pretty much every argument that you had to make here. It's rare to find such a mind as yours, Chick.

Your statement regarding the fact that cheap clothing can look good on a Qbee was absolutely amazing. I've had that mentality for a while now, and it's great to see that another player feels the same way! A lot of other players could benefit from this Outfit realm of yours as well. I support your idea.

The postponing of the build is quite unfortunate, I teleported to it when it was being constructed and it looked very interesting. I was just hoping that it would be finished soon, but I was made aware that that would not be happening after reading through your topic.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    I'd buy cubits if i could. But i can't. I've got everything i have on my own. As you say the economy is a small part of the game, It's the only reason i played until i met some amazing people through this platform.
  • Thanks Raina Marie I appreciate the support :)

Scion its honestly true though someone worked hard to make those pixels and I bet in their mind rarety has nothing to do with their favorites, also don't stress I bounce back pretty fast so construction is only slightly delayed but focusing on the costume one

Sir Pixel don't worry in any way its players like you the developers really appreciate its not just about money for them well I assume not but by their actions over the years they really care about all players not just the ones that buy cubits your actively got your own part of a bigger picture don't forget that
  • hey lets get working on it :P may put more economical sets (below 5k) in the collection i have too :P
  • noentnoent Member
    In my side of view i never bought cubits too.. but i feel like one day i will when i will work for money by myself. Its actually pleasure to have a player like you in the game chicken, you're amazing
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    I support u too :p
  • AzsimuthAzsimuth Member
    edited April 2019
    Lol i had an oufit that costed like 100c back in the day (2017 oct -2019 jan)
    Now i have this crown that costed me 1k when i bought it. So it costs like 1100 cubits, wich is i think really cheap.
  • Well said.
    If you need any help with that outfit room, feel free contact me in game.
  • i hv honestly never cared if the clothing is cheap or expensive or if others think its good or not. i started playing playing 3 months ago and aquired a robe imp wings and horns and i have kept that robe on ever since. The only things that changed were my tail and hat. i now wear a piligrim hat robe and cat tail and love it yay
  • *Standing Ovation*
    ^5

Great post! I played this game for about 6 months without buying a cubit (as I too have been burned in the past with other games, and then only bought on Black Friday double sale). I too made all my early cubits through mining resources and selling them and then reinvesting in my shop to grow it. I got my first high end wearables through rehydrating blue and green cubes collected while mining.

Love the idea for the outfit show room. Maybe include one section on stuff you can get via the rehydrating of cubes too, as there are nice items like eye patches, suit coats, etc. that you can get essentially for free if you work hard enough mining.
  • b3achy said:

*Standing Ovation*
    ^5

Great post! I played this game for about 6 months without buying a cubit (as I too have been burned in the past with other games, and then only bought on Black Friday double sale). I too made all my early cubits through mining resources and selling them and then reinvesting in my shop to grow it. I got my first high end wearables through rehydrating blue and green cubes collected while mining.

Love the idea for the outfit show room. Maybe include one section on stuff you can get via the rehydrating of cubes too, as there are nice items like eye patches, suit coats, etc. that you can get essentially for free if you work hard enough mining.

Thank you for your input its a great idea about the rehydrated cubes as I have also got some surprisingly cool items from these cubes and its a great way to encourage more mining. Keep up the great gameplay
  • Oh yeah. You got my plus for sure bud.
  • Full support on this
  • Great idea! I support it.
  • Agreed.I've always thought that the lower costing clothes look much nicer than the majority of expensive clothes.I support this and I have many spares of clothes which,at your request,shall be donated by the get-go,that is,if I have spares of it,I support this!

However,on a side note,you'll really need a way to make sure new players will be able to find this place,otherwise its all quite pointless in the end,like when ppl would make a new realm with a guide of how to avoid scams,if there's no way for new ppl to find it.....well,there's gotta be a way.
  • I read all and I support you Chickenlips, this game interest me with many factors especially building. It hard to see players begging for stuff from players who work hard to get them. I wish people can just try hard to get what they want like in the past.

Hoping you go well :3
  • *UPDATE* costume room is coming leaps and bounds I'm sorting deco and design ideas I possibly have gone over board with the amount of sets I'm aiming to achieve but never scared of a challenge over the next few weeks will be scoping the qbees and dressing the qbees hopefully this is going to take off and the first of many game progressing ideas I have to bring the interest back into the game I feel is lacking at the moment through no fault of anyone's just the way things go sometimes. Also will be releasing the realm name soon so people can come check it out
  • sdgamez3sdgamez3 Member
    edited April 2019
    Here are some cheap outfits u can use:
    Robes with cowl(matching colors)(like an underground monk evil wizard dude)
    Black pants and shirt with top hat(what a gentleman!)
    Wizard/witch hat with robe and wand(my favorite!)(makes you feel like a wizard!)