The Economy - Cubit Hackers - And Some disclosure

Comments

• Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited April 2019
    I will be honest, 5 years without a major glitch/hack like that is impressive! O-o
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Piratax10 said:

I will be honest, 5 years without a major glitch/hack like that is impressive! O-o

There were more attempts in past. The most known of them is pharamond's 1 cubit halloween pack. But that one was caught by devs pretty fast.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We've had other issues in the past, so that's not quite true.

But it is true that if you look at other games like this some rollbacks are not uncommon due to hacking/bugs discovered. These games are very complicated and there's a lot of code. It's hard to keep the game open and flexible but also prevent these sort of problems from ever happening.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I have done a fair bit of building like some others so would be somewhat disheartened, though glad to hear it may not be necessary. It makes me sad when people exploit small games like this, I sure hope all those involved got a perma ban (One that lasts longer than a few months)
  • Im shock rn.
  • ScionScion Member
    Siddd said:

I have done a fair bit of building like some others so would be somewhat disheartened, though glad to hear it may not be necessary. It makes me sad when people exploit small games like this, I sure hope all those involved got a perma ban (One that lasts longer than a few months)

The accused hackers have already been issued 9999 day bans, which is a hefty 28 years of time away from CC.
  • I agree with Pixie, although my part of this build needed some work, it all did take some time. Regarding the money that was given to the people (ie Silver), it doesn't really bother me. As long as the people who were continuously using this hack to make money are banned permanently, that's fine by me, so I would be against a roll back. Quite off topic, I'd just like to point out how interactive Kew is. I just enjoy the fact that he includes himself in important conversations, and answers questions that people have.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well the money was generally given in exchange for items. Where it damages the economy is if the items were selling for lets say... 100k and you started buying them out of the market, theyd go up in price...especially if you didn't care about being over-charged for them. In some cases cubits were given as gifts and where we were able to those cubits were just removed.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    so just an idea

some items were damaged and got increased in price dramatically, so wouldnt it then be sorta repaired if the items drop rate were increased for a limited time (without telling of course) and for the items that wasnt returned like lets say the ghost costume, that they get returned in the packs but with a very rare chance (in my oppinion every item should be returning at some point)
  • i don’t know if this would work better than actually giving the items away, but if they were sold for the price they were originally, or a bit lower, it would prevent an immense price drop in the item because they weren’t just given away for free. therefore, possibly ensuring those who own the said item won’t be losing out on cubits if they wished to sell their item in the future. obviously there might be issues with this idea and feel free to dismiss it, but even if you just sold a fraction of the items, it may provide something that somewhat resembles a small repair, if that? :)
    We will attempt to do some balancing and lower the price of items that were artificially increased. So a few things will happen but we need a few days to work out how and what. But we will attempt to fix things a little insomuch as we can.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    So we will return 10days ago in cc? Oof rip my profits but its ok, but what about the players who don't use forum? They might confuse and think its the bug/glitch..(Idk how to write it down..)
  • So we will return 10days ago in cc? Oof rip my profits but its ok, but what about the players who don't use forum? They might confuse and think its the bug/glitch..(Idk how to write it down..)

Its not confirmed that CC will have a rollback to 10 days ago just yet, they are going to attempt balancing and lowering the price of items that were increased because of this situation.

Right now it's looking like no rollback will be necessary, so I don't think you have to worry too much about it. We'll try to avoid it if possible.

• I was right... I was right all along... I knew something was really up when somebody decides to 'give away' accounts out of free will... It just never adds up.. And it never will.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited April 2019

So we will return 10days ago in cc? Oof rip my profits but its ok, but what about the players who don't use forum? They might confuse and think its the bug/glitch..(Idk how to write it down..)

Its not confirmed that CC will have a rollback to 10 days ago just yet, they are going to attempt balancing and lowering the price of items that were increased because of this situation.

Right now it's looking like no rollback will be necessary, so I don't think you have to worry too much about it. We'll try to avoid it if possible.

I don't want to go back 10days, I have build alot in these days and profit...
    Unless Kewb could return the purple easter hat to the players who own the hats(and all items which sell overpriced too much) and take back the cubits which they earn

Edit :
    LateCom said:

I was right... I was right all along... I knew something was really up when somebody decides to 'give away' accounts out of free will... It just never adds up.. And it never will.

Thats why players become rich within 1days or less, I was confuse why the items prices goes up so fast, if 200k to 250k is ok, but 200k to 600k..thats crazy

Players that I found out become so rich is :

V
    Liberated(not sure)
    Pious
    FK-Basara (not sure the name)
  • So we will return 10days ago in cc? Oof rip my profits but its ok, but what about the players who don't use forum? They might confuse and think its the bug/glitch..(Idk how to write it down..)

Unless Kewb could return the purple easter hat to the players who own the hats(and all items which sell overpriced too much) and take back the cubits which they earn
    I don't think anyone would really like to go back 10 days, most of us prefer to stay at where we are, although if we do need a rollback I guess it can't be helped. As for your progress, if a rollback does happen, I'm more than happy to help you with rebuilding and giving you back some profit
  • Alv'Alv' Member

I don't think anyone would really like to go back 10 days, most of us prefer to stay at where we are, although if we do need a rollback I guess it can't be helped. As for your progress, if a rollback does happen, I'm more than happy to help you with rebuilding and giving you back some profit
    I edited my comment, check it
    and ofc 90% players won't want to go back 10days, including me.
    Unless the players DID NOT play at the past of 10days, then it's fine they did not lost anything. But for me it is, I took almost 6hours to build my surprise birthday party for my friend. I don't want to re-build it. Once I build and disappear I can't rly build back tbh. My memory is not that good.
  • I understand that people who got banned were somewhat associated and will also be investigated and this will be a temp ban. But i’d Like to know when we get unbanned. Not to sound like a butthole but everyone would like to resume their daily CC lives soon.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    Ragean said:

I understand that people who got banned were somewhat associated and will also be investigated and this will be a temp ban. But i’d Like to know when we get unbanned. Not to sound like a butthole but everyone would like to resume their daily CC lives soon.

We're not banned
  • U said:

lucaaa795 said:

I was wondering how they seemed to have gotten millions of c.
    Well, going back in time in game 10 days will be kinda sad, I have managed to make a lot of cubits in the past few weeks. Most of it came from the banned players, so I guess this would be fair.
    Really though, how much damage was actually done? If the purple easter hat returns, it will be kind of like it was before.
    There is a certain screenshot taken by one of the guys, it is edited, but you can see he has 30m c.

They were behind 90% of the inflation that occured during their "reign". 4% is most likely still a few tens of millions of cubits. 7m went only towards the purchase of easter purple hats. 7m went into the economy without a hassle.
    I'd vote for a rollback if you guys promise to test things more in the future before the release.
    3ish Krampus’
    1 Ram
    2 Slimes
    2 Headless
    2ish Pjs
    1 Dino
    25 Purple Easter Hats
    1 Bcat
    1 Pumpkin Pet
    4 Easter Umbrella (All from a person who wasn’t circulating them anyways)
    5ish Halos (All from that same person who wasn’t circulating them)

And of course some other small things.

If you think about what we could of bought in 2 weeks with unlimited cubits, and what we really bought... We might of taken like 2 of some items out. But, we definitely could of completely crashed the game if that was our objective.

All of the items are already in a friend possession waiting for the developers to say whether or not to give them away.
    U said:

NoeNt said:

U said:

So... Because I'm stupid.... These players wanted to destroy the game?

If we wanted to destroy the game every single player in the game would have a billion cubits. We bought very little compare to what we could of.

Could have* you’re welcome Grace.
    Actually there was not enough time to do it xD
    We had two weeks of unlimited cubits. We had enough time to do hollas buying every item 1mil cubits each. Yet.. we didn’t do any hollas buying super Rares..
    U said:

lucaaa795 said:

I'd vote for a rollback if you guys promise to test things more in the future before the release.

Honestly there's no amount of testing that would 100% ensure against this kind of bug. It's not something you'd even see with normal play. And even though we do sometimes hack our own game to test that, this was such a specific circumstance that I doubt we could have easily found it.
    I found it by mistake. The specific way it had to be done with removing cubits at a certain time and readding cubits then buying the pigs was so specific that the chance of me accidentally finding it is crazy. No developer would ever be able to find it while doing a general scan of cubits bug.
    I find this all pretty amusing. Yeah your intentions were to not kill off the game, and the way you phrase 'If we wanted to destroy the game every single player in the game would have a billion cubits, we bought very little compared to what we could of' , that just shows that you guys are actually trying to gain sympathy by telling us all that there could of been a worse outcome. That, in my view, is just pathetic.

Second, you also spoke about how much you could buy with the 'unlimited cubits', and listed out all the super rares in which you guys have bought over the span of two weeks, and insisted that you guys never made any hollas about buying super rares but still had the time to buy all the supers listed above.

Thirdly, it is just so preposterous that you guys 'found this out by chance' and then took the initiative into ABUSING the bug instead of REPORTING it. That's just so low of you guys.

It would be obvious, however, that these deeds suffice a heavy ban in my opinion. Not breaking the game when you had the chance to, or 'not introducing all the cubits we got from the glitch', its inevitable. At the end of the day, you guys still made such a big hassle, still exploited a bug and made use of it, still used the illegal cubits, and still messed up the economy.

Punishment should't be too mild for you lot.
  • No, please do not go back 10 days! I had a ton of lucky things happening to me this week
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    Azsimuth said:

No, please do not go back 10 days! I had a ton of lucky things happening to me this week

Same, and I built alot in these days
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2019
    LateCom said:

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

I was wondering how they seemed to have gotten millions of c.
    Well, going back in time in game 10 days will be kinda sad, I have managed to make a lot of cubits in the past few weeks. Most of it came from the banned players, so I guess this would be fair.
    Really though, how much damage was actually done? If the purple easter hat returns, it will be kind of like it was before.
    There is a certain screenshot taken by one of the guys, it is edited, but you can see he has 30m c.

They were behind 90% of the inflation that occured during their "reign". 4% is most likely still a few tens of millions of cubits. 7m went only towards the purchase of easter purple hats. 7m went into the economy without a hassle.
    3ish Krampus’
    1 Ram
    2 Slimes
    2 Headless
    2ish Pjs
    1 Dino
    25 Purple Easter Hats
    1 Bcat
    1 Pumpkin Pet
    4 Easter Umbrella (All from a person who wasn’t circulating them anyways)
    5ish Halos (All from that same person who wasn’t circulating them)

And of course some other small things.

If you think about what we could of bought in 2 weeks with unlimited cubits, and what we really bought... We might of taken like 2 of some items out. But, we definitely could of completely crashed the game if that was our objective.

All of the items are already in a friend possession waiting for the developers to say whether or not to give them away.
    U said:

NoeNt said:

U said:

So... Because I'm stupid.... These players wanted to destroy the game?

If we wanted to destroy the game every single player in the game would have a billion cubits. We bought very little compare to what we could of.

Could have* you’re welcome Grace.
    Actually there was not enough time to do it xD
    We had two weeks of unlimited cubits. We had enough time to do hollas buying every item 1mil cubits each. Yet.. we didn’t do any hollas buying super Rares..
    U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Honestly there's no amount of testing that would 100% ensure against this kind of bug. It's not something you'd even see with normal play. And even though we do sometimes hack our own game to test that, this was such a specific circumstance that I doubt we could have easily found it.
    I found it by mistake. The specific way it had to be done with removing cubits at a certain time and readding cubits then buying the pigs was so specific that the chance of me accidentally finding it is crazy. No developer would ever be able to find it while doing a general scan of cubits bug.
    I find this all pretty amusing. Yeah your intentions were to not kill off the game, and the way you phrase 'If we wanted to destroy the game every single player in the game would have a billion cubits, we bought very little compared to what we could of' , that just shows that you guys are actually trying to gain sympathy by telling us all that there could of been a worse outcome. That, in my view, is just pathetic.

Second, you also spoke about how much you could buy with the 'unlimited cubits', and listed out all the super rares in which you guys have bought over the span of two weeks, and insisted that you guys never made any hollas about buying super rares but still had the time to buy all the supers listed above.

Thirdly, it is just so preposterous that you guys 'found this out by chance' and then took the initiative into ABUSING the bug instead of REPORTING it. That's just so low of you guys.

It would be obvious, however, that these deeds suffice a heavy ban in my opinion. Not breaking the game when you had the chance to, or 'not introducing all the cubits we got from the glitch', its inevitable. At the end of the day, you guys still made such a big hassle, still exploited a bug and made use of it, still used the illegal cubits, and still messed up the economy.

Punishment should't be too mild for you lot.
    Never said we don’t deserve a permanent ban and all other punishments. Never said we didn’t exploit cubits, never said we didn’t mess up the economy in ways.

Im not defending what we did. We cheated. It’s obvious.

Everyone was freaking out about a rollback, which is why I said those things. A rollback isn’t really necessary.
  • Can we know who were the people who abused the bug?
    I have sold some items when they raised in price just wanted to know if I sold it the people who abused the bug.
  • Can we know who were the people who abused the bug?
    I have sold some items when they raised in price just wanted to know if I sold it the people who abused the bug.

that would be a bit nameshaming would it not?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    yeah in my oppinion, going back 10 days might be the most obvious solution, but also the worst solution, basically
    -the fools pack will be gone and then have to put it back on for those 3 days, what basically lets people already know that you can earn serious cash with it, making the items even less

-probably about hundreds of builds, how small they are will be put back, making it so people basically have to make them again with all the time spend in it, and i know how irritating such thing can be, and basically making it so that people wont build it anymore or even quit

-people that sometimes do shopping and such will lose all their profits, and like people say they lose their lucky draws, basically making them try again in the hope of getting them, but most likely failing and getting angry

and much more problems... so yeah a 10 days back might be good for those small ammount of items to go back to their good price, but i would suggest another method
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited April 2019

Can we know who were the people who abused the bug?

that would be a bit nameshaming would it not?
    It’s kind of obvious
  • My memory is not that good.

What a mood... well if we end up having a rollback, i'm always open to help ya rebuild the surprise

• PartyParty Member
    Don't think a rollback will happen as sirkewberth already stated it's not likely. Also would like to point out that I am disappointed in what's happened here...
  • 10% chance there will be a rollback in all seriousness.

If it were a day or two days ago, yeah, not much would be lost, but we're talking about 10-11 days by now. So much has been done. Everyone who was included in this is banned, and the items are being taken away.

You shouldn't worry much on a rollback, if it comes they will tell you.
This discussion has been closed.