Why...items getting more expensive?

Fez around 1k to 3k and now 10-30k..?
Press 2k to 6k..?
Purple easter hat around 60k -> 500k?(Pious' holla)
Jester's Cane 5k to 10-50k!? (I saw it..)
Krampus 300k goes up to 500k so fast..
Same goes for Umbrella, 60k to 110k

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited April 2019
    High demand, low number of said item in the active flowing economy.
    Thanks, @Space_fetus @SirKewberth @CosmicCow for making every item that had potential to get abused by some smart players a victim of your own ignorance. What were you expecting when two months go on without any official event? And that one (valentine) barely did anything at all.. A drop in the pond. The real and main problems are that we had no actual xmas contest other than a stupid building one and no valentine event, like we used to have in the past years.
    You'll be a victim of your own greed, dev team. And this may be the domino to trigger it all.

To add up to what alvin said, the halo is now 600-700k. The krampus over 600k.
    #NewEventCoordinator
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited April 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

Thanks, @Space_fetus @SirKewberth @CosmicCow for making every item that had potential to get abused by some smart players a victim of your own ignorance. What were you expecting when two months go on without any official event? And that one (valentine) barely did anything at all.. A drop in the pond. The real and main problems are that we had no actual xmas contest other than a stupid building one and no valentine event, like we used to have in the past years.
    You'll be a victim of your own greed, dev team. And this may be the domino to trigger it all.

#NewEventCoordinator

Wait..Kramp and Halo raise again!?
    And ppls r making items price getting higher and higher..
  • I think it beacause everyone tries to keep it, so less are in the trading market.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    Azsimuth said:

I think it beacause everyone tries to keep it, so less are in the trading market.

But the price is terrible..I was going to buy a pjs 60k and now goes up to 120k
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited April 2019

lucaaa795 said:

#NewEventCoordinator

]Wait..Kramp and Halo raise again!?
    Yes, a guy holla'd about how he buys krampus for 800k and halo for 700k just now.
    And yes, some smart players understood how it goes around and raised some items, they started with some that were hidden in plain sight, then moved on to some nobody wouldve thought of (fez). The players shouldn't be hated. They only knew how to play their cards right. It's the devs that are the ones to blame.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    edited April 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

#NewEventCoordinator

]Wait..Kramp and Halo raise again!?
    Yes, a guy holla'd about how he buys krampus for 800k and halo for 700k just now.
    And yes, some smart players understood how it goes around and raised some items, they started with some that were hidden in plain sight, then moved on to some nobody wouldve thought of (fez). The players shouldn't be hated. They only knew how to play their cards right. It's the devs that are the ones to blame.
    Nonono, I thought the long text u wrote was from Admin, I edited it.
  • ECONOMY FALLS, will be the next town center lol
  • People are offering 800k+ for halos now >.>
    We need a good pack people to spend all of their cubits on, and ban pious v and liberated from buying cubits to mess up the game even more.
  • People are offering 800k+ for halos now >.>
    We need a good pack people to spend all of their cubits on, and ban pious v and liberated from buying cubits to mess up the game even more.

Amen hopefully the Easter pack will make rare items drop in price
  • Geezer said:

People are offering 800k+ for halos now >.>

Yes, ik im garbadge at economy, but how can the easter pack fix this issue?

• Azsimuth said:

Geezer said:

There are WAY too many cubits in the game at the moment, when players buy packs the cubits are deleted. This is a good thing.
  • noentnoent Member

Azsimuth said:

Geezer said:

There are WAY too many cubits in the game at the moment, when players buy packs the cubits are deleted. This is a good thing.
    Smart , so i will let my friends know not to buy packs xD
  • Azsimuth said:

Geezer said:

Extra credits made a video abut mmo rpg economy, maybe the devs need to watch it XD

• b3achyb3achy Member
    edited April 2019
    Players play with the economy because it's a player generated phenomena. It's what happens in games where you can exchange items (either for other items or money). The best way to modify it is to NOT BUY the stuff at inflated prices. It's up to the other players to put a supply/demand (or lack of it) in place, to modify the player generated economy. Devs should have nothing to do with it and should stay out of it. There is nothing wrong with some items no longer being injected in the game by the devs, and possibly becoming extinct because some players horde them and then quit. Every player doesn't need to have every item in the game or even the ability to obtain every item.
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited April 2019
    b3achy said:

Players play with the economy because it's a player generated phenomena. It's what happens in games where you can exchange items (either for other items or money). The best way to modify it is to NOT BUY the stuff at inflated prices. It's up to the other players to put a supply/demand (or lack of it) in place, to modify the player generated economy. Devs should have nothing to do with it and should stay out of it. There is nothing wrong with some items no longer being injected in the game by the devs, and possibly becoming extinct because some players horde them and then quit. Every player doesn't need to have every item in the game or even the ability to obtain every item.

I agree with what you're saying. Every player doesn't need to have the ability to obtain every item in the game. Some items should be hard as heck to get, if possible at all. I remember playing GrowTopia for like 3 days a few years back, and I saw the economy and how hard some items were to get. Some players had items that costed $5000 in game currency, and nobody else but them really had it. Cubic Castles has been very generous to all players over the years. Due to high demand and low stock, yes, some items have increased. People are complaining now, even though some of the same items that have been around from 2014 are still less than 100k. This was 5 years ago. It was never re-added. Then lets say, for a hypothetical scenario, one person decides to buy 3 of these hats. Well there goes the price! Those items are now 100k, because people have quit with so many in the past. And the circulation of those 3 hats has stopped and people cannot find them anymore. So people increase the price a bit hoping to find one, well, there we go. There is a new price set amongst the community. I'm not blaming people, or anyone who chooses to possess these items and keep them, I just think that items from 3-5 years ago should be hard to obtain in the first place and expensive.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Liberated said:

b3achy said:

I agree with what you're saying. Every player doesn't need to have the ability to obtain every item in the game. Some items should be hard as heck to get, if possible at all. I remember playing GrowTopia for like 3 days a few years back, and I saw the economy and how hard some items were to get. Some players had items that costed $5000 in game currency, and nobody else but them really had it. Cubic Castles has been very generous to all players over the years. Due to high demand and low stock, yes, some items have increased. People are complaining now, even though some of the same items that have been around from 2014 are still less than 100k. This was 5 years ago. It was never re-added. Then lets say, for a hypothetical scenario, one person decides to buy 3 of these hats. Well there goes the price! Those items are now 100k, because people have quit with so many in the past. And the circulation of those 3 hats has stopped and people cannot find them anymore. So people increase the price a bit hoping to find one, well, there we go. There is a new price set amongst the community. I'm not blaming people, or anyone who chooses to possess these items and keep them, I just think that items from 3-5 years ago should be hard to obtain in the first place and expensive.
    I agree.
  • INFLATION

• Side StepSide Step Member
    edited April 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

#NewEventCoordinator

watch yourself kewberth is flat to the wall working on the game. he is doing everything he can with the time he has, it's easy to run a game all on your own/ with a small dev team
  • Mmmh.. Purple Easter Hat?? What is it
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    @Space_fetus close this, since we already got the answer from SirKewberth
This discussion has been closed.