Play CC Offline Mode

2»

Comments

• Pimydd said:

I don't think this could ever be implemented in a good way, let's say you can "go offline" in a room or realm you own, the best way to do that would be to download a file with the data of said room, not only would this create problems with strain on the servers with added request. But it could also be exploited by editing the room file to get items.

You cant do that. If you make a change on the client side, it'll stay on the client side. To actually hack the game, you'd need to get into cc servers. I'm sure No one will be able to hack those. It's illegal too so I don't know who would be stupid enough to even attempt hacking.
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    edited February 2019
    Log_er said:

Pimydd said:

I don't think this could ever be implemented in a good way, let's say you can "go offline" in a room or realm you own, the best way to do that would be to download a file with the data of said room, not only would this create problems with strain on the servers with added request. But it could also be exploited by editing the room file to get items.

You cant do that. If you make a change on the client side, it'll stay on the client side. To actually hack the game, you'd need to get into cc servers. I'm sure No one will be able to hack those. It's illegal too so I don't know who would be stupid enough to even attempt hacking.
    Yes but if it were true offline mode you would have some sort of file with the things you are changing, and then when going back into online, the file would be synced with the server. Before the file is synced someone could tamper with it and insert items into the room.
  • IMO if you are like me, honest & pure of heart, you wouldn't think of exploiting or cheating so maybe this says something of those who do think of this aspect of this particular suggestion. #imjustsayin
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited February 2019
    Intimate said:

IMO if you are like me, honest & pure of heart, you wouldn't think of exploiting or cheating so maybe this says something of those who do think of this aspect of this particular suggestion. #imjustsayin

We're all honest and pure of heart. Let's leave our cars and houses unlocked and we can sing Kumbaya around a fireplace because we're all honest and pure of heart.

Those that think of the exploiting possibilities are those that know how to view some thing's good and bad sides, those that can view the entire image and not just what's in the poorly designed frame to cover the rest. Also those that have over 50iq
  • lucaaa795 said:

Intimate said:

IMO if you are like me, honest & pure of heart, you wouldn't think of exploiting or cheating so maybe this says something of those who do think of this aspect of this particular suggestion. #imjustsayin

We're all honest and pure of heart. Let's leave our cars and houses unlocked and we can sing Kumbaya around a fireplace because we're all honest and pure of heart.

Those that think of the exploiting possibilities are those that know how to view some thing's good and bad sides, those that can view the entire image and not just what's in the poorly designed frame to cover the rest. Also those that have over 50iq
    The IQ part wasn't necessary.
  • make this a thing so i can start hacking again pls
    Pious said:

make this a thing so i can start hacking again pls

time for injectors >:)
  • Cc was made an online game and if u ask me if u wanted to add offline mode or playground mode or something it shud hv been done at the beginning of the games release cuz now its gonna clash with things like overloading servers and basically turning it into boring old Minecraft.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Intimate said:

Lmho
  • Pimydd said:

Log_er said:

Pimydd said:

Yes but if it were true offline mode you would have some sort of file with the things you are changing, and then when going back into online, the file would be synced with the server. Before the file is synced someone could tamper with it and insert items into the room.
    That's not how it works ;-;
    Besides... Cheating in an offline game wouldn't cause any harm to anyone. If there were an offline extension to the game, nothing in the offline version would be moved to the online version. The server checks the client's data to make sure it's correct.
    edited February 2019
    Log_er said:

Pimydd said:

Log_er said:

Pimydd said:

Besides... Cheating in an offline game wouldn't cause any harm to anyone. If there were an offline extension to the game, nothing in the offline version would be moved to the online version. The server checks the client's data to make sure it's correct.
    That's how cheating (and mafia) works, actually.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Log_er said:

Pimydd said:

Log_er said:

Pimydd said:

That's how cheating (and mafia) works, actually.
    I laughed so hard.
  • +1
  • lucaaa795 said:

Intimate said:

The IQ part wasn't necessary.
    I agree the IQ part was not necessary.
  • Well the System says 'something happened, something bad". It is right, CC broke 1 of my PCs. The constant connections loss and finding server and having to close it via the task manager took a toll on my PC and will no longer run until I do a clean install.

Some games have a thing where it will ask you if you want to wait, play offline or close the program. Pick 2 and just make it happen as I know something needs to change.

It is a good thing I didn't pick this time to empty the 100k from my vends when cc took out the fools pack is when my PC just froze up at the login part. The PC didn't freeze because the mouse and keyboard still worked. Shortly after I was able to play on the now dead PC was the BSOD. Another good thing is that I still have a 2nd PC but not all players are so lucky.
  • nightbreezenightbreeze Member
    edited April 2019
    Sounds a little too much like minecraft.

Here's an idea. Adventure mode can be found right after you press the "Play" button, underneath "Start from home" and "Continue from where I left." This way, adventure mode can be used even when you have no internet connection?
    Also, adventure mode would have no impact at all on your online gameplay. This way, even if someone could hack it, it still wouldn't do much to other Qbees.

I don't like the idea of the whole offline thing, but a few aspects would be okay.
  • -1 This is plenty of space in the server.
  • Intimate said:

Well the System says 'something happened, something bad". It is right, CC broke 1 of my PCs. The constant connections loss and finding server and having to close it via the task manager took a toll on my PC and will no longer run until I do a clean install.

Some games have a thing where it will ask you if you want to wait, play offline or close the program. Pick 2 and just make it happen as I know something needs to change.

It is a good thing I didn't pick this time to empty the 100k from my vends when cc took out the fools pack is when my PC just froze up at the login part. The PC didn't freeze because the mouse and keyboard still worked. Shortly after I was able to play on the now dead PC was the BSOD. Another good thing is that I still have a 2nd PC but not all players are so lucky.

Literally nothing happened to I'm pretty sure everyone else.
  • Ages ago, on the main title screen, there were two big main buttons: play online and play adventure
  • Intimate said:

Well the System says 'something happened, something bad". It is right, CC broke 1 of my PCs. The constant connections loss and finding server and having to close it via the task manager took a toll on my PC and will no longer run until I do a clean install.

How would someone even know that nothing happened to anyone else? Do you think just because nothing is said, nothing happens? It is called complacency. Most people don't say anything because they are used to nothing will change. I do say something because I can. I speak up to let others know they are not alone in their distress and to let the staff know we don't like it when we suffer a loss.
  • IM WITH HIM WHO ELSE!?
  • Intimate said:

Intimate said:

How would someone even know that nothing happened to anyone else? Do you think just because nothing is said, nothing happens? It is called complacency. Most people don't say anything because they are used to nothing will change. I do say something because I can. I speak up to let others know they are not alone in their distress and to let the staff know we don't like it when we suffer a loss.
    The thing is... He/she's actually blaming CC completely as if it's completely CC's fault and CC's alone. I'm saying I doubt something THAT problematic that it breaks their system is likely to never happen, or really has happened, to pretty much everyone else. CC is a pretty stable game with very little problems on tech. But you know, you're right. I should assume nobody has the ability to read what's reccomended to be able to play the game, and never assume that people will spend their time making sure what they get won't be a problem. I'm so stupid to ever have to go assume something like that.