Crafting Recipes Webpage [Complete Rework]

2»

Comments

• 'Gold' said:

@Kewbin I would like it if it broke everything down all the way. For instance, if you wanted to craft accelo rings, it would show how many of everything you need, and then you could click under or something to see how the things to make accelos are made. (e.g. how to craft Stainless Steel Plates, Magnets, Rubber Hoses, and Pipes.)

That's something I wanted to add, but that would drastically lengthen the code which would also make the load time of page way longer. Therefore I implemented the "pinning system" - pin the crafting recipes you need and whey won't be hidden upon filtering.
    'Gold' said:

And also, why is the max 9,999? The max in-game is 20,000, so shouldn't be able to show that many?

I'm able to restrict you to only certain number of digits, not value. 5-digit numbers would make some numbers too long. Even if you set the value to 9999, quantites of few recipes (e.g Dyes) are already overflowing.

• Why does it lag so much? Well... I know why but why does it all have to be loaded at once? Can't things only be loaded when they need to? I don't really understand why simple things like calculating the quantity of items needed to craft the items lags either. I've only been working around html and javascript for almost a year so I wouldn't really know :p
  • Log_er said:

Why does it lag so much?

There are over 1400 elements that need to be updated everytime you change the value. And that may cause some lag.
    Log_er said:

... why does it all have to be loaded at once?

The filtering system searches for a match row by row and hides ones that are outside the required criteria, that's why the whole page needs to be fully loaded.
  • I'm not sure how you did it since I didn't look but if you haven't already, I suggest you give each recipe an ID via HTML and then you can compare the search term to the ID's via javascript and scroll to the correct one. Doing this you won't have to search the whole page every time either, reducing lag.

Also, I suggest a feature where clicking on an ingredient to a recipe sends you to the recipe of said ingredient.
  • Performance update:

Thanks to your feedback I bring some performace changes to the page. Thank you for your reports.

Decreased page load time:
    - Images won't be loaded all at the same time
    - They'll be loaded sequentially as you scroll through the page

Removed lag at "Quantity setting":
    - Item quantities won't be updated as you type
    - Now you have to submit the changes
  • OMG! THIS IS AMAZING! THANKS KEWBIN :D
  • Good job Kewbin!

• The crafting page went through a complete overhaul!

The reason is that the old version was loading and operating really slowly, and the core of the code did not allow me to quickly and easily update the website.

This version should change all of that! Website should now work much faster! I've also added one new feature:

- Search for recipe
    - Set amount of items you want to craft
    - Clicking on item within recipe will display it's own recipe

And again big THANKS to everyone for the support and positive feedback!

• Okay, I loved this remodeling, but it has some details that end up getting in the way, since I am using this site daily, because I create high amounts of things, it helps me in basically everything.

To start, when I opened it I felt the colors very strong, not that it's a problem, it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Second, this is a problem that, for me, will disturb me a little, it is the fact of having to click on the item to see the craft and having to click again to put the quantity.

One more thing that limited me a lot, was the '' limit '' of only 1000 items, I already had problems with the limit of 9999, but now the limit of 1000 hindered much more than the extra clicks.

One more little detail, which ends up causing me to have to duplicate the page, is not being able to bookmark the items, I don't leave it in the permanent favorite, I leave it in the favorite only when I'm crafting, so I can research something else, then put about 5 letters in the search, like '' aaaaa '', and it will appear only the ones I favorite, it helped me a lot.

other than that, I loved the new design, too bad it's less practical.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    I like the remodel! I think Kewb should make this Official CC Craftable website
  • Thanks @%5BYoutube%5D%20Cafe%20De%20Terno for the feedback!

I hope I'll make your stay on the website more comfortable by these changes:

- Made the colors a little less saturated
    - Increased crafting amount cap to 20000
    - Added recipe bookmarking

Bookmarked recipes:
    - Won't be hidden upon filtering
    - Can be shown all at once using "bookmarked-only" mode
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Great changes!! I used the old site a lot and can see where this one is even better. Thank you for creating this and sharing it with all of us. :)
  • Kewbin said:

Thanks @%5BYoutube%5D%20Cafe%20De%20Terno for the feedback!

I hope I'll make your stay on the website more comfortable by these changes:

- Made the colors a little less saturated
    - Increased crafting amount cap to 20000
    - Added recipe bookmarking

Bookmarked recipes:
    - Won't be hidden upon filtering
    - Can be shown all at once using "bookmarked-only" mode

Thank you very much, now it is excellent, thank you for doing this for the community, from the heart, thank you very much because it helps me a lot.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Thanks for the update... love those new features.
    I now use this more then the original one.
  • Kewbin, one question...

when we click in any iten, inside a iten that we are crafting, we open it, ok.

but have any way to close it? not closing the main iten?
  • KewbinKewbin Member
    edited March 2020

Kewbin, one question...

when we click in any iten, inside a iten that we are crafting, we open it, ok.

but have any way to close it? not closing the main iten?

Good point. There's no way for now, but I'll sure add this feature!

EDIT: This is now implemented.
  • This is amazing! Thanks for the updates!
  • Kewbin, I have one idea...

if we click on the iten, set a ammount, it will show all the things and ammount of it that we need, but if we click in the iten, we have to set how many we need...

I think it's a better option when we click, it alrealdy come the ammount that we need for craft the main iten, so it will be faster and good.
  • I dont craft much, but my friend does so I know he’s gonna like it, thanks!
  • Also, maybe you can fix that XD