Horus why is this site not secure??

Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way and I honestly don't want to get off on the wrong foot this early in my return, but I feel this needs to be raised. I fully appreciate the amount of work you do and I'm sure this wasn't your intention and I understand this was probably out of your control. But running a website I feel its somewhat your responsibility to protect your clients especially considering the age of most of your users. I get that your not intentionally collecting any credit cards details or sensitive information but running a http site not a https isn't safe anymore. I'm offended as a user of the site that $15 a year for our safety isn't worth it :( if you feel I'm wrong in saying this feel free to publicly ridicule me but if you go down that path ill take it as a challenge as even you have put in your username and password in along with every other user of the site.

For all the users please stop doing these guess your name and age threads I understand you feel they are harmless but for an evil hacker its potentially the information they may use to target an attack depending on their intentions. Please just stay safe and practice internet security don't give up your personal information, this is why you will notice when i ask someones age i say around how old are you I never want your exact age just want to know am I talking to an under 10 or teenager or adult as i can communicate more on your level and even asking that makes me uncomfortable but know the app has other levels of security something like this site doesn't have.

Horus please ask Sir Kewberth to get this forum changed to https as I understand privacy is covered n the rules but obviously kids will skip through that as adults its our responsibility to help educate the younger generation especially n these times. I accept this is worst case scenario and a little dramatic but I feel it needed to be said. It will also bump us up in google searches and make more people feel safe using the forum if they previously weren't feeling safe.

Ps always here to help in anyway and honestly don't mean anything bad buy this but feel free to delete this discussion if you feel it could be damaging in any way.

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    The log-in website is secured. Thats all what matters. Its a cheap alternative. You dont have to add any personal information on the forum
  • https://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussions
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It should be https now. Though the login was always secure.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    The guess their age thread has been going for over a year without any issues of information being given out. The point of the game is to guess their age. You don’t have to give out your actual age.

The guess the name thread you mentioned does not exist. I have been active here the past three years and have never seen a guess their name thread.
  • It should be https now. Though the login was always secure.

Thank you for the immediate fix of this issue you have always been good to me in this regard and I appreciate it as I only have the best interests of the community at heart even though I may come across as pushy. I mainly raised this issue as a few players have told me of being hacked due to external links to a replica cubic castles forum which apparently stole their log in information to then ultimately steal all their items and cubits. As you can imagine with an account like mine it is a concern. This being said I'm more than happy to actively search an destroy these such sites and provide you with the information you need to legally prosecute these unethical hackers and continue to troll them on a regular basis :) ethically of course ;) all this being said its great being back and I'm really enjoying the new content along with feeling of being a noob again :) more than happy to work with you on any issues you feel I can help with :)
  • U said:

The guess their age thread has been going for over a year without any issues of information being given out. The point of the game is to guess their age. You don’t have to give out your actual age.

The guess the name thread you mentioned does not exist. I have been active here the past three years and have never seen a guess their name thread.

My mistake sorry U , did I say guess the name game I ment Guess Da Name Forum Game created on March 3 2019 by player named -Epic-

I appreciate your input but I feel if your not part of the solution your part of the problem
  • lucaaa795 said:

The log-in website is secured. Thats all what matters. Its a cheap alternative. You dont have to add any personal information on the forum

hey there lucaaa795 wow been ages since I've seen you grat to see og players still around :) but I feel everyone's idea of "secure" varies depending on your level of hacking knowledge and experience. Also depending on the purpose of what they are phishing for depends on what you consider "personal information" and that doesnt always mean what you write it can be just what they can find in the background. You can never be too safe in this digital age and we need to always be mindful of that for example I'm sure at one point Playstation Network and their users thought they were "secure" but we all know what happened there.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

U said:

My mistake sorry U , did I say guess the name game I ment Guess Da Name Forum Game created on March 3 2019 by player named -Epic-

I appreciate your input but I feel if your not part of the solution your part of the problem
    My mistake as well, I also didn’t see the guess the players name. But, I don’t see anything wrong with it as long as people aren’t actually giving out their name.
  • Btw Horus isn't here anymore, just so u know that
  • Btw Horus isn't here anymore, just so u know that

oh that i didnt know thats a shame he did a great job

• #blamehorus
  • Welcome back Chicken!
  • #blamehorus

I wrote this literally waiting for someone to comment this hahahhha
  • Welcome back Chicken!

Thank you welcome to be back