Why do people not want a build contest???

I've heard that some people dont want a build contest this year....why????

Comments

• because the past few were badly judged.
  • LateCom said:

because the past few were badly judged.

Just get a group of 3-6 people to judge instead. Simple.
  • TimbertonTimberton Member
    edited March 2019
    Rly? I thought the winning builds for certainly deserving...but hey..idk..
    Besides,we need building contests,its he main event that we have,and kinda need cuz there hasn't been any official contests in a while.
    And if you build IS that good,you will win

LateCom said:

Yes,yes,that would work,there would then be a vote and voilà
  • Timberton said:

Rly? I thought the winning builds for certainly deserving...but hey..idk..
    Besides,we need building contests,its he main event that we have,and kinda need cuz there hasn't been any official contests in a while.
    And if you build IS that good,you will win

LateCom said:

Yes,yes,that would work,there would then be a vote and voilà
    I vote Julie to be fair judge ! <3
  • LateCom said:

Julie's point. The contest is not the problem, the judging is just a bit off.

If you've explored enough at the build contest realms you'll see that some builds really deserved a spot but didn't get any.

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited March 2019
    The prizes are also kinda rediculous. $100 worth of cubits for building something.
  • PartyParty Member
    I mean the MAIN point of the game is building but ya know...
  • The prizes are also kinda rediculous. $100 worth of cubits for building something.

It's not easy to build.
  • Events cause inflation though >.<
    Inflation is always a problem in mmo games
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited March 2019
    Lazy way to tell everyone that you're still doing your job. Btw, you're not doing your job.
    What we need is more fair-for-all events. Mazes, Parkours, Races, whatever that has a guestbumper at the end and that gives everyone equal chances. We need to destroy the monopolies that have been built ever since 2014. And it's better for everyone if there is no violence in doing so... But there is more than just one plan.

If we have a building contest, then another fair-for-all contest must come up at the same time. But sadly our official event manager has been cutting it short for some time now hasn't it. Having no event is better than a building event.
  • PartyParty Member
    lucaaa795 said:

Lazy way to tell everyone that you're still doing your job. Btw, you're not doing your job.
    What we need is more fair-for-all events. Mazes, Parkours, Races, whatever that has a guestbumper at the end and that gives everyone equal chances. We need to destroy the monopolies that have been built ever since 2014. And it's better for everyone if there is no violence in doing so... But there is more than just one plan.

If we have a building contest, then another fair-for-all contest must come up at the same time. But sadly our official event manager has been cutting it short for some time now hasn't it. Having no event is better than a building event.

So less competitive more raffled off prizes is what your saying?
    edited March 2019
    Party said:

lucaaa795 said:

So less competitive more raffled off prizes is what your saying?
    The prizes are worth less than what is given in the average building contest. They're also spreaded more even. And even if they are worth more than 1m combined, it's still given to more of the community, in an at least somewhat fair way. Items are better than their worth in cubits when it comes to official events. Much better.
    Less competitive? I think it's the opposite. Too many don't even bother to join building contests because they have no chance. Last building contest had 150 rented plots at MOST. I believe that the actual number is slightly under 100 but let's approximate it at 150. Now, the average fair-for-all contest has at least 300 entries, and even more if it's easier to be finished (up to 700-900 and even 1000).
  • Have you noticed a pattern?
    Build contests - more fair than parkour/races.
    Mazes - Probably the fairest, yet one of the harder ones.
    Parkours - Most of the time unfair due to perks being required.
    Races - It is a 50/50. You can have people who use shortcuts with no speed demon and people who dont use shortcuts with speed demon, or vice versa.
    The pros to a certain event usually win.
    Parkours usually have the skilled players (and a lot of the time requires jumpman and speed demon) and apparently that is fair-for-all?
    The races are not always fair-for-all, considering people have speed demon.
    The build contests are a little more fair, because you do not need a perk, (maybe jump man/faster mining to build/break faster) but they still require blocks and skill. But blocks can be obtained quite easier than the next level (and a useful perk is not guaranteed).
    Not to say parkours are not fair, just sometimes you need perks, and sometimes you do not but perks make it easier (take for example, spudbug kong, as it is harder [easy still none-the-less] without jump man because with jump man, you can beat it in under 10 seconds.
    And build contests can be unfair, because some do not have cubits for it. I never enter it because I need the cubits (Ik u get them back), but I usually need them short after.

In conclusion, they all are equally fair-for-all.
  • Why don't we just have events with no prizes? They'd still be fun nonetheless. As for who builds them... if space can't do it, maybe have volunteers. The only problem would be supplying them with cubits. They might keep some for themselves... which would keep inflating the economy. Maybe they could just be supplied with resources to craft with? eh
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited March 2019
    Log_er said:

Why don't we just have events with no prizes? They'd still be fun nonetheless. As for who builds them... if space can't do it, maybe have volunteers. The only problem would be supplying them with cubits. They might keep some for themselves... which would keep inflating the economy. Maybe they could just be supplied with resources to craft with? eh

most people won't join events if they won't get something in return, it's the reality of the world. prizes help promote competition among participants. i wish this would be done, but sadly it would only be effective if there were no prizes in the first place.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited March 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

And it's better for everyone if there is no violence in doing so... But there is more than just one plan.

bahahaha - jeez lucaa violence over a few cubits or someone winning twice in a contest.
  • gdog said:

lucaaa795 said:

And it's better for everyone if there is no violence in doing so... But there is more than just one plan.

bahahaha - jeez lucaa violence over a few cubits or someone winning twice in a contest.
    Did you just say ed ?
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited March 2019
    Apart from the problems they stated, there is another problem I'd like to point out: Lack of variety.

In case you didn't notice, this saying goes for every building contest upto now: "Build something that fits (insert holiday/occation here)". It makes these event so bland from time to time.

I won't be joining any building contests if it has nothing new. I'm sure many other building-lovers would feel the same thing.
    gdog said:

lucaaa795 said:

Its not about the cubits... Nor about who wins twice. There are some players that have won up to 5 building contests... I couldnt care less about cubits themselves. I do however care about the monopolies...
  • lucaaa795 said:

gdog said:

lucaaa795 said:

Its not about the cubits... Nor about who wins twice. There are some players that have won up to 5 building contests... I couldnt care less about cubits themselves. I do however care about the monopolies...
    not to mention lack of variety and millions of ten storey factories and similar builds...