Random Items Disappearing

I do not know what has been happening, but some of my stuff has been disappearing lately.
I always carry about 100 black official signs with me in my inventory, and when I logged in one day, it was all gone
I checked all my chests and could not find them
I also had a few Christmas trees in my inventory at the time (there were only 6 silver trees and 8 gold trees, so it wasn't really much), but they went missing around the same time that the signs went missing. I did notice, but I just thought I probably put them somewhere. Today I was looking for them and I couldn't find them.
Some of my water has also disappeared, but it wasn't really much (only about 200) too.
The same issue has happened to me before back in around 2016 with a lot of glass, but that was long ago.
I have thoroughly checked each and every chest, but I could not find my missing items. I gave up on finding the signs, but I still need to find my Christmas trees..

Comments

• Same issue.
    I had my nerd glasses and coke glasses in my inventory yesterday where i have to change my set and I logged in today and its gone..
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    I lost roughly 6000 glass blocks some time ago. Ive been searching for them ever since.
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited March 2019
    This has happened to me once a few months ago. I lost about 400-600 tokens. I still sometimes search for them in every realm I have permission in.
  • I lost all my dirt once :c
    i gave up on it on day 5
  • I''ve never had any items disappear from my inventory. Maybe you got hacked? Ask Mabz to check your account activity.
  • UPDATE: Just logged on not too long ago to find that I'm missing a trashcan and 2 cash registers from my inventory (once again, it's not much, but it's still missing?)
    Log_er said:

I''ve never had any items disappear from my inventory. Maybe you got hacked? Ask Mabz to check your account activity.

I doubt that I got hacked, considering that out of all the items in my inventory, the supposed hacker just chose to take black official signs, water and Christmas trees. On top of that, they could also have taken my outfit... But I'll probably send a support ticket soon if items don't stop disappearing

• Alv'Alv' Member
    I lost my 200+ fall leaves, and idk why is this still happening and support not going to give back..
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Probably the most common case of this is people dropping the items accidentally and them timing out. (barring giving other players permissions or another access to your acct) To the best of my knowledge items can't "just vanish". I've never seen it happen.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited March 2019

Probably the most common case of this is people dropping the items accidentally and them timing out. (barring giving other players permissions or another access to your acct) To the best of my knowledge items can't "just vanish". I've never seen it happen.

Maybe the chest doesn't stick items closely...
    So i put donation table at bottom in case
    Log_er said:

I''ve never had any items disappear from my inventory. Maybe you got hacked? Ask Mabz to check your account activity.

Who would hack into an account only to steal 6000 glass blocks? Like damn if you're that low just ask and I'll donate some glass instead.
    Hackers usually take as much as possible. Or 6000 glass blocks is just a drop in the sea

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

I'm not sure how you guys use chests.. or if it's any different than me but I placed chests and chests full of very valuable items and checked them for months and never saw a thing go missing.
  • Probably the most common case of this is people dropping the items accidentally and them timing out. (barring giving other players permissions or another access to your acct) To the best of my knowledge items can't "just vanish". I've never seen it happen.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of us lost items that were in chests. I lost items that were in my inventory..
  • Probably the most common case of this is people dropping the items accidentally and them timing out. (barring giving other players permissions or another access to your acct) To the best of my knowledge items can't "just vanish". I've never seen it happen.

I don't know about that.. The tokens I lost were always at the bottom of my inventory. I usually only placed cash registers, glass and a few warp foods on the top of my inventory. I have placed the tokens in chests before but in realms which no one has permission in. But one day I log on, open my inventory and don't see them there. I checked every place but never found them...
  • Have you tried picking up portals or doorways and looking behind or inside them? Portals swallow (Items go in it not through it) stuff when you break chests or drop things in them. I lost a shiny nose because it vanished randomly in my inv :c
    Do you guys have very full inventories.. like are the items off the bottom of the inventory way in the red zone? Still... I've never had anything vanish from my inventory either. If it's top row my guess is accidental drag of item maybe?
  • Also , if you accidentally grab one chest and its beside has another chest,you will miss something although you get them back quickly , i lost my 10k yellow dye by this ;-;
  • *JulieSings**JulieSings* Member
    edited March 2019
    I used to carry them around when I had a full inventory but they were always in the same place, the 4th row.

Edit: I also don't usually break chests to get the items inside it. I take put them in my inventory and then break the chest.
  • My inventory used to be jam packed to the point where if you add something, it goes to the red zone, but now it's actually a bit clean, so I can hold a lot more stuff. I don't know where the items in my inventory were placed, but I know that they definitely were not in the top row, since the top row is where all my warp crunches, dirt, glass, etc. go.. But actually, there is a chance that the black official signs did drop since I tend to place them at the very top row... But I don't know about the other items.
    edited March 2019
    They were in my inventory. I do sometimes have my inventory overloaded but i never drop my glass..
  • Alv'Alv' Member

I'm not sure how you guys use chests.. or if it's any different than me but I placed chests and chests full of very valuable items and checked them for months and never saw a thing go missing.
    Kew, for some reason, last time I cleaning my thanksgiving store, and there is some fall leavea on the floor. But I mine it, it gone missing, its not even inside portal, down floor or in my inventory, I asked support but they say I dropped without take it in 20mins, but in that 20mins, I take it but its now showing in my inventory, rip my 200+ leavea
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Let me mention this.

Items you mine do not despawn if you have attractor off. If you don’t want to accidentally despawn rare items like pets when mining always keep attractor off. They only despawn if attractor is on.

I highly doubt this is the issue. But, I have had items turn into broken links randomly, and then get removed.
  • Alv'Alv' Member
    U said:

Let me mention this.

Items you mine do not despawn if you have attractor off. If you don’t want to accidentally despawn rare items like pets when mining always keep attractor off. They only despawn if attractor is on.

I highly doubt this is the issue. But, I have had items turn into broken links randomly, and then get removed.

Dude do u understand wut im talking about lol
  • lost 8 regs :( and an ancient tech :C
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited March 2019
    If you have a chest open and mine it, the items have a high chance of despawning.
    Idk if this has anything to do with this but yeah.
  • I had 8.3k water which is super important to me and it wasnt in my hot bar and it disappeared!! And I filed a ticket and no one responded!!!
  • i lost 500 vends accidentally throwing it out in the lobby last december and never got them back even after contacting support :V
  • sdgamez3 said:

I had 8.3k water which is super important to me and it wasnt in my hot bar and it disappeared!! And I filed a ticket and no one responded!!!

Support always responds to me :p
    LateCom said:

i lost 500 vends accidentally throwing it out in the lobby last december and never got them back even after contacting support :V

I guess that was kinda your fault but rip it happens :p
  • This bug is already been long time ago.. and will never Fix.. Its not happend to admin.., or mod.. And THEY NEVER KNOW and saying its was our fault ! #Great
  • I've lost items many items I was recently swarmed with players and had over 1000 of each deco clan stone after searching and retracing my steps I found a random piece of glass …..yep that's right I assume I glassed next to the items angry and doubtful I did it but yes accept its my fault.
    More recently I've had a cabinets contents completely disappear from my rare section after contacting support and them coming and checking it (shoutout to Mabz) seems I've misplaced the items I highly doubt it but as you can see I've done stupider things also been very sleep deprived lately so all I can suggest is don't do trades when your super tired and about to log off, keep record of the items you have to the point of screenshots if you feel its a issue maybe clear you inventory before you log off if you feel safer doing that. Ultimately our profiles are our responsibility and we need to actively protect them. I admit there is a couple situations where things have vanished which is none of what has been explained here so I do know it happens but I will not explain how as it will possibly create fake disappearances etc.