Suggestion: Disable friend requests

I think we should be able to disable friend requests from people (just an on/off button like the 'Appear offline to friends' button) or to kind of blacklist someone from sending you a friend request
I have no problem with random people sending friend requests (I accept them all), but I've been getting friend request spammed by a user named d hacker (and I'm sure that you guys have also received friend requests from this user).. It's annoying e.e It gets repetitive
There's also a lot of newbies that send friend requests just to beg for cubits/items (I kind of understand why they do; a lot of stuff is expensive, but some "newbies" are just alts that pretend to be new for goodies and stuff) and it also gets repetitive e.e

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    You can already do this in parental settings.

• gdog said:

Oh ok
    Thank you ee
  • gdog said:

That is not what Elfie meant to have XD Elfie meant to specifically block requests from a particular player.......(right? XD) and I would love this feature,I'm sick of haveing players COUGH rms5_lol COUGH spamming me with requests...
  • GeezerGeezer Member
    edited February 2019
    Or for the /ignore command to also block friend requests from the player because atm it doesnt
  • #Elfie#Elfie Member
    edited February 2019
    Timberton said:

gdog said:

That is not what Elfie meant to have XD Elfie meant to specifically block requests from a particular player.......(right? XD) and I would love this feature,I'm sick of haveing players COUGH rms5_lol COUGH spamming me with requests...
    Yeah I kind of meant that too,
    It would be nice to be able to blacklist/block specific people from sending you friend requests so that they don't bother you and so that you can still accept friend requests from other people except for the blacklisted/blocked user(s)
    But if people keep spamming friend requests (not one person, but multiple people), then you could just resort to disabling friend requests completely ee (which in this case, I do not want to do. The d hacker user was taken care of, but if we have more friend request spammers, I think that we should be have the option to blacklist users from friending us)
  • Geezer said:

Or for the /ignore command to also block friend requests from the player because atm it doesnt

^, maybe block the chat and friend request together
    gdog said:

But gdog, that will block ALL friendrequest, and u can't add anothera too,sometime we need add anothers to buy/sell something. So we need a command or something to block friend request (but u can add them)
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Geezer said:

gdog said:

But gdog, that will block ALL friendrequest, and u can't add anothera too,sometime we need add anothers to buy/sell something. So we need a command or something to block friend request (but u can add them)

With my name people can’t add me, but I can add anybody. I’ll admit, it’s nice at times.
  • U said:

Geezer said:

gdog said:

With my name people can’t add me, but I can add anybody. I’ll admit, it’s nice at times.
    Idk how is that possible..
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited February 2019
    I would like to have the ability to send a friend request myself, but disable others requesting me.
    The parental controls disable it 100% I want 50% removed, and 50% kept.
    V has it lucky >.>
  • Is it to much work just to hit deny?
  • 'Party' said:

Is it to much work just to hit deny?

Like I said before, there was a player by the name of d hacker that probably used an autoclicker to spam friend requests. Right when you would enter a lobby, you'd immediately get a friend request. If you denied it, you immediately got another one. No matter how much you denied the friend request, you almost always instantly got another one from the same guy. d hacker was taken care of and banned for a day (I think) and they no longer spam friend requests, but if something like it happens again, then I think this option would be nice
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Geezer said:

gdog said:

Yeah, just turn it off if you want to add someone.
    That's what I've been doing for years and has worked out fine.

• JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited February 2019
    gdog said:

Geezer said:

gdog said:

I will probably do that.
    'Party' said:

Every single time i step into the lobby i get 500 requests. No it isn't fine XD
  • I mean I hardly doubt you get 500, theirs barely that many people online lol. Also if a hacker spams friend requests then don't accept it or deny it until you've left the lobby.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    'Party' said:

I mean I hardly doubt you get 500, theirs barely that many people online lol. Also if a hacker spams friend requests then don't accept it or deny it until you've left the lobby.

I use alts all the time and rarely get friend requests when I enter the lobby.
  • 'Party' said:

I mean I hardly doubt you get 500, theirs barely that many people online lol. Also if a hacker spams friend requests then don't accept it or deny it until you've left the lobby.

It's called exaggerating.
    Obviously, I do not get that many.
  • Alv'Alv' Member

gdog said:

Geezer said:

gdog said:

I will probably do that.
    'Party' said:

Every single time i step into the lobby i get 500 requests. No it isn't fine XD
    500!?!? How is that possible lol, I hope CC add "Friend request list", u can check who added you
  • PartyParty Member
    Never explain the joke!