Remove "Appear Offline To Friends" Feature Please CLOSE THIS DISCUSSION!

2»

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I think there should be the option to set yourself as "not-fast-travelable" but I think appearing offline is stupid and dangerous for cc's future. All it does is convince players that all their friends quit.
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited February 2019

I think there should be the option to set yourself as "not-fast-travelable" but I think appearing offline is stupid and dangerous for cc's future. All it does is convince players that all their friends quit.

Again, with a different color such as orange indicating that the player is "busy" and cannot be reached at the moment, which would also make them not available to teleport to, might be the only solution to this topic. My suggestion allows for both privacy and awareness that someone is still online, only busy. When people are in offline mode, even myself, I lose interest in the game very quickly. I get bored, because I usually get on the game to play it with certain individuals.

I understand all sides to this topic.
    -1- People want privacy FOREVER and deserve it! Being alone is awesome! >:O
    -2- People don't want to be alone on an MMO playing by themselves :'(
    -3- People just want to get away sometimes and be alone, you know? Nothing personal :P
    -4- Meh, whatever happens, happens man. I don't care what happens to be honest. :/

Now, that we're past everyone's mood and tone toward this topic, I actually believe in what Ashi has to say. She makes a good point. Offline mode IS damaging CC's future, because SO many players believe their friends are truly not on the game, when in reality they could see that their friends are online, just unavailable with the addition of a color indicating that they are busy.

Offline mode allows for people to be extremely sneaky too. Can moderators even teleport to us if we are registered as offline? I know they certainly can when they aren't even friends with us and we are online. Offline mode allows for more scams to happen, sneaky things such as auto-clicking to occur, and overall convince people that their friends are not in-game playing anymore. All these are negatives for Cubic Castles as a WHOLE. Think about the common good here guys, not just yourselves. You can have all the privacy you want when the game doesn't exist anymore from lack of players being interested.
  • Liberated said:

Again, with a different color such as orange indicating that the player is "busy" and cannot be reached at the moment, which would also make them not available to teleport to, might be the only solution to this topic. My suggestion allows for both privacy and awareness that someone is still online, only busy. When people are in offline mode, even myself, I lose interest in the game very quickly. I get bored, because I usually get on the game to play it with certain individuals.

-3- People just want to get away sometimes and be alone, you know? Nothing personal :P
    -4- Meh, whatever happens, happens man. I don't care what happens to be honest. :/

Now, that we're past everyone's mood and tone toward this topic, I actually believe in what Ashi has to say. She makes a good point. Offline mode IS damaging CC's future, because SO many players believe their friends are truly not on the game, when in reality they could see that their friends are online, just unavailable with the addition of a color indicating that they are busy.

Offline mode allows for people to be extremely sneaky too. Can moderators even teleport to us if we are registered as offline? I know they certainly can when they aren't even friends with us and we are online. Offline mode allows for more scams to happen, sneaky things such as auto-clicking to occur, and overall convince people that their friends are not in-game playing anymore. All these are negatives for Cubic Castles as a WHOLE. Think about the common good here guys, not just yourselves. You can have all the privacy you want when the game doesn't exist anymore from lack of players being interested.

Moderators can warp to you if you are in "offline mode"
    Literally every single thing in the entire game is considered a scam, 9 by some people) so that doesn't really matter. Anything can be used to cheat. Nothing the devs do will change that at all.
    Offline mode is changing the entire game, how it works.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Liberated said:

Literally every single thing in the entire game is considered a scam, 9 by some people) so that doesn't really matter. Anything can be used to cheat. Nothing the devs do will change that at all.
    That why their name should just be orange if they don’t want to be teleported to.
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited March 2019
    U said:

Liberated said:

That why their name should just be orange if they don’t want to be teleported to.
    Right? Instead of just appearing offline.. its ruining the game if anything, Silver. Certainly isnt helping the popularity of this game, or exposure by allowing every player to isolate themselves away from the community.

I love seeing the comments from people "I've been waiting for you to be online all day" and I've been on ALL DAY just in offline mode. They couldve got ahold of me if they knew I was online, asked someone perhaps. Rather than just naturally assume I'm not even active. That assumption derived from me appearing offline. I'd rather have everybody know I'm online, and just *busy* at the moment they want my attention.

Also, Silver. Let's throw out a hypothetical. I scammed a whole entire realm from V, while he was online but I appeared offline. That's my whole thing with possible scams. Players dont even have to try to *see* if their buddy is online anymore, they can just hide while being online and steal anything they want if they have permissions. Granted, permissions shouldn't be given out in the first place, but newer players, THE FOUNDATION OF THE GAME AND THE ONLY THING KEEPING IT ALIVE get fooled this way from simply not knowing any better. Then they quit, and here EVERYONE is on the forums complaining about the game dying all the time.

I'm not saying my solution is correct, but let's be real, we have to consider the bigger picture. Offline mode is horrible for this game and isnt keeping people around...or are they just appearing offline? (; Lol who knows.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Liberated said:

U said:

Liberated said:

Right? Instead of just appearing offline.. its ruining the game if anything, Silver. Certainly isnt helping the popularity of this game, or exposure by allowing every player to isolate themselves away from the community.

I love seeing the comments from people "I've been waiting for you to be online all day" and I've been on ALL DAY just in offline mode. They couldve got ahold of me if they knew I was online, asked someone perhaps. Rather than just naturally assume I'm not even active. That assumption derived from me appearing offline. I'd rather have everybody know I'm online, and just *busy* at the moment they want my attention.

Also, Silver. Let's throw out a hypothetical. I scammed a whole entire realm from V, while he was online but I appeared offline. That's my whole thing with possible scams. Players dont even have to try to *see* if their buddy is online anymore, they can just hide while being online and steal anything they want if they have permissions. Granted, permissions shouldn't be given out in the first place, but newer players, THE FOUNDATION OF THE GAME AND THE ONLY THING KEEPING IT ALIVE get fooled this way from simply not knowing any better. Then they quit, and here EVERYONE is on the forums complaining about the game dying all the time.

I'm not saying my solution is correct, but let's be real, we have to consider the bigger picture. Offline mode is horrible for this game and isnt keeping people around...or are they just appearing offline? (; Lol who knows.
    Yeah, a lot of people don’t realize I’m on for 6+ hours a day. I appear online, maybe 15 minutes of that time.
  • -1 >:C
  • People needs some time alone. I’d love some time building or mining alone cuz whenever someone teleports, I easily get distracted and give up on the task I was doing. They have the switch on for a reason, you can’t just always interrupt them.
  • It's good the way it is
    Many PPL know where I am most of the day and I'm working on a secret project. Now if anyone finds me where I am , I'll be busted. It's better for me to stay offline... And let PPL think I don't play much
  • PartyParty Member
    So I like the idea of changing it to busy and a different color. Everything has positives and negatives.
This discussion has been closed.