Death of a Game.

2»

Comments

• *KeySpirits**KeySpirits* Member
    edited February 2019

>There are plenty of ways to advertise for free, the developers are either unexperienced,
    >lazy

Such as? Maybe you know something we don't.

Put your arse to work!

And the game changed indeed, but the ganges made aren't nowhere as important as the changes other games in development made, like.. for example, Minecraft!
  • Chief SoloChief Solo Member
    edited February 2019

>There are plenty of ways to advertise for free, the developers are either unexperienced,
    >lazy

@SirKewberth it's easy to promote games for free.
    First up,
    Post interesting screens from cc on public fb from time to time. You can get ppl to do this for ya. make a thread to share screens the best of which will be uploaded to public Facebook
    If that isn't enough, submit cc to review websites like gaming arena, android authority and stuff as they got a lot of viewers attached to them..

EDIT : Apply for awards of all MMO genre game awards. If you win, or even get nominated, you'll get hits as well as press popularity
  • >There are plenty of ways to advertise for free, the developers are either unexperienced,
    >lazy

Put your arse to work!

And the game changed indeed, but the ganges made aren't nowhere as important as the changes other games in development made, like.. for example, Minecraft!
    Minecraft has a humongous staff you jerk! If you like Minecraft so much why don't you go play THAT, huh?!

I don't want this game to die though but at the rate it is going it will not die anytime soon so I suggest we do some advertising ourselves, so as to make cc better and not give all the work to the devs considering all the workload they already have. The best way to advertise is word of mouth because it travels supah supah fast, the other thing to do is social media asvertisement, go to a like Twitter or something make an account like qbeesrules234 or something and just keep advertising about cubic castles
  • Whoever says the devs r lazy is sooooo wrong. U see the devs can't afford to be lazy they hv their own lives to live and they r making this game for their expenses. And also cut them some slack dudes cuz if they cud hv done more they wud hv right? But they r busy with updates so it wud be better to advertise OURSELVES instead of telling the devs to do it.
  • gdog said:

Sarco said:

Add lootboxes to fund ads ;)

We've had loot boxes for years.
    We had?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Azsimuth said:

gdog said:

Sarco said:

We had?
    Every single pack is the same as a lootbox. The only difference is there isn’t a animation of a box opening.

Hat pack, wing pack, critter pack, Yuletide pack, Halloween pack, valentines pack, April fools pack, New Years pack, easter pack, summer pack, etc.
  • Kew, you could go around your city putting up posters to advertise cc :P
  • U said:

Azsimuth said:

gdog said:

Sarco said:

We had?
    Every single pack is the same as a lootbox. The only difference is there isn’t a animation of a box opening.

Hat pack, wing pack, critter pack, Yuletide pack, Halloween pack, valentines pack, April fools pack, New Years pack, easter pack, summer pack, etc.
    Oh, i see! Thanks!
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Kew, you could go around your city putting up posters to advertise cc :P

lol.
  • I've shown people this game, but they don't know what to do really. And once they do, they get bored. I've had at least a dozen or two give up on this game bc they don't think it's worth their time.
  • PartyParty Member

Thank you this gave me a good laugh lol.
  • PiousPious Member
    Party said:

It really isn't such a bad idea.
  • PartyParty Member
    edited March 2019
    pious said:

Party said:

It really isn't such a bad idea.
    Maybe but I still laughed.
  • Why learning development to make the same CC? that'd be stupid and a waste of time. Plus you won't get the satisfaction to create your own game lol....
  • NGL you guys make it sound like free advertising sound like it can make you a millionaire.

Free advertising online isn't as easy as you think. If everyone got a friend to play that's a good start
  • I've shown people this game, but they don't know what to do really. And once they do, they get bored. I've had at least a dozen or two give up on this game bc they don't think it's worth their time.

that is a staple problem for most MMOs, i've seen alot of videos being made about
    "why new players are quitting x"
    the easiest reason is it's not in their genre. but sometimes the problem is the game itself. I hope the latter isn't cc's case.

maybe you should find people who are passionate about games, or even better, passionate about these types of games.

• Why learning development to make the same CC? that'd be stupid and a waste of time. Plus you won't get the satisfaction to create your own game lol....

I was being sarcastic :P

Same thing has happened with me. I showed 3 of my friends the game and 2 of them got bored after 2-3 days, then comparing it to Minecraft (they're two completely different games though) while the other plays every once a week or so..

• This game is not going to die for a long time. People are still going to play.
  • Im going to put posters around the town :,D
  • I think the game is dying because the noobs who just enter the game don’t work they just beg and when people give them nothing they quit.
  • G.E.N.T said:

I think the game is dying because the noobs who just enter the game don’t work they just beg and when people give them nothing they quit.

It’s also the fact that the vending machines swapped out active shop owners for no show people who just crack open their vends every last Sunday of the month.
  • G.E.N.T. is right. I wish vend never would have of been a thing. Once vends came out I noticed no one was active.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited March 2019
    offline mode also has some of it's perks but it just makes the game feel less active than before. it's like believing that discord's do not disturb and offline mode are similar.
    i can't even play the game properly because who do i tp to now? they're all offline.
    or are they really offline? who even knows. i can't tell. maybe it's just my problem.
  • nightbreezenightbreeze Member
    edited March 2019
    I’m just trying to persuade all my friends to play

Edit:

The problem with games like this is that it isn’t exactly too newbie friendly at the moment. There isn’t a specific goal; I like it that way, some don’t. Most occupy themselves with getting cubits, but that’s boring.

This is more of a community based game, but some don’t get that. Making friend is vital to having fun on the game. Also, on communities like Reddit, we really are quite small. Things like social media and so on are also important to the growth of a game, I believe.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited March 2019
    the game doesn't really tell you the possible things you could do after the basic tutorial (both beginning and starter realm) it just leaves you alone after. of course the basic reaction of the player is that they will feel lost.

but hey, if they've watched the trailer on steam, atleast they know what they want to do after.

but what if you haven't seen the steam trailer?

do you know what to do next?

yes, yes. we all know that minecraft does the exact same thing to you. but minecraft is minecraft, and cubic castles is cubic castles.
  • Cc isn't dying.