Death of a Game.

How long do you guys think this game shall last? Also, we need effective advertisment and alot more sharing of this game. This is not meant as a negative thing, just some suggestions.

Comments

• The game will last until 2030 and I will still be playing sadly
  • Ads aren't cheap.
  • I don't want this game to die tho as it's a great game
    Wut WE, the community of cubic castles, could do is tell all our friends of the game and post on Twitter,ask famous YouTubers eg. DanTDM to play this game and helping in the cc will, we can write an article on Wikipedia about it,and if anyone is good at coding, then we can help sir kewberth with his workload,that is, if he allows it
  • When this time arrives , I'm immediately going to study for game development and ask Sirkew for permission to remake Cubic Castles.
  • Me too
  • Probs 2021
  • PiousPious Member
    edited February 2019
    im going to college for graphic design and computer science/coding etc.
    a couple yrs. ago I developed a concept w/ similar features as in cc (w/o cartoonish design and “blocks”), that hopefully soon I’ll be able to produce
  • I probably won't even go to college :p
  • Pious said:

a couple yrs. ago I developed a concept w/ similar features as in cc (w/o cartoonish design and “blocks”), that hopefully soon I’ll be able to produce

Same
  • Log_er said:

Pious said:

Same
    To be honest (no offense) I would bet all my Cubits you ain't old enough to be the 'same' as Pious.
  • Log_er said:

Pious said:

Same
    To be honest (no offense) I would bet all my Cubits you ain't old enough to be the 'same' as Pious.
    Yeah...

• KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Not just cc at a low here, practically all building mmo are. But as it stands I don’t THINK cc will go under at current player rates.
  • This game will not die for a long time. People are still interested in it.
  • People still interested in BO2 but it's dead

This game will not die for a long time. People are still interested in it.

• Log_er said:

Ads aren't cheap.

There are plenty of ways to advertise for free, the developers are either unexperienced, lazy, or they just think they can keep their players engaged throwing in more hats once in a while...

None of them it's an excuse, you cant use the "We dont have time/budget" card forever.

Also, there's no need to squeeze your braincells, just add more block types, more opportunities for player-made events, update at least once in a week, they dont even update the game page, the same old 2014 pics are there.
  • Rogue ThingRogue Thing Member
    edited February 2019

Log_er said:

Ads aren't cheap.

There are plenty of ways to advertise for free, the developers are either unexperienced, lazy, or they just think they can keep their players engaged throwing in more hats once in a while...

None of them it's an excuse, you cant use the "We dont have time/budget" card forever.

Also, there's no need to squeeze your braincells, just add more block types, more opportunities for player-made events, update at least once in a week, they dont even update the game page, the same old 2014 pics are there.
    I agree with you, it is getting tiring with the same old same old reasons.
    Some of us need to break free from the others and make sure that this game does not.die anytime soon.
  • I mean I think they should stop with the updates and just systematically go through the things that they said they were going to add and see if they should or should not add them
  • Marlboro ManMarlboro Man Member
    edited February 2019
    Advertisements were recommend in the past. Also sometimes advertisments dont work
    And also. I dont think the game will die quickly. I think we just need more blocks and more supervision
  • How long do you guys think this game shall last? Also, we need effective advertisment and alot more sharing of this game. This is not meant as a negative thing, just some suggestions.

I have mentioned advertising to the admins already a while ago. They have turned it down for now.

The game will last until 2030 and I will still be playing sadly

It must! Also I still love your profile picture.
  • This game will not die for a long time. People are still interested in it.

I agree
    And I'm pretty sure the devs have a decent flow of money with all the rich ppl buying so much, so I think they should take up like, apprentices or something, or just hire more devs
    And make pop-up ads
    And cc memes so more ppl will check it out
  • ndplayz2468ndplayz2468 Member
    edited February 2019
    Ya I ain't sure about pop-ups. Nowadays they just pop up in at the middle of a game and people get angry and r all 'CURSE THESE POP-UPS'
  • Add lootboxes to fund ads ;)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    >There are plenty of ways to advertise for free, the developers are either unexperienced,
    >lazy

Such as? Maybe you know something we don't.

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Sarco said:

Add lootboxes to fund ads ;)

We've had loot boxes for years.
  • gdog said:

Sarco said:

Add lootboxes to fund ads ;)

We've had loot boxes for years.
    Well yes season packs, but maybe we could have loot boxes to get some war paint or something. Just to make the lootboxes all year round
  • I don't know if I should agree with 'this game is dying' or not because I don't know if it is. But I don't agree with 'Developers are unexperienced or lazy'. First of all, if you look at how the game was in 2014 and how it is now, you can see how the game improved so much in 4 years. If you call that being lazy, then I would suggest creating a game like this and fix bugs/glitches while creating new content and taking care of your wife and daughter at the same time. We probably will never know how hard Cosmic and Kew work for this game. But I'm sure they are not being lazy and are trying to keep this game up for as long as possible. We cannot look in their lives so I don't think we have the right to conclude that they're lazy or unexperienced.

This is just my point of view and I'm not throwing hate at anybody :)
  • The developers are NOT lazy, there should just be better ways to get more folks to the game.
  • Flooks said:

I don't know if I should agree with 'this game is dying' or not because I don't know if it is. But I don't agree with 'Developers are unexperienced or lazy'. First of all, if you look at how the game was in 2014 and how it is now, you can see how the game improved so much in 4 years. If you call that being lazy, then I would suggest creating a game like this and fix bugs/glitches while creating new content and taking care of your wife and daughter at the same time. We probably will never know how hard Cosmic and Kew work for this game. But I'm sure they are not being lazy and are trying to keep this game up for as long as possible. We cannot look in their lives so I don't think we have the right to conclude that they're lazy or unexperienced.

This is just my point of view and I'm not throwing hate at anybody :)

couldnt of said it better ngl
  • >There are plenty of ways to advertise for free, the developers are either unexperienced,
    >lazy

Such as? Maybe you know something we don't.

Best FREE advertising is word of mouth. First though, make it nearly impossible for there to ever be a bad thing said about the game.

I don't think you are lazy, you just need OCD so everything in the game is right as it should be. Take on an apprentice to help cross the t's & dot the i's.

I think there is hope or I wouldn't have spent real $$ on it.
  • This game wont die. Many people play and the devs are making money to pay for the servers. Then you may say "500-2k people only play, it is bound to die out" well, not entirely. All big games had around 500-2k at first, and then it grew.