Bring back treasure hunts...

2»

Comments

• It's really a no win situation. If we allow it and people get scammed by bad treasure hunts then people will contact us and complain they got scammed and we don't care and do nothing about it. If we don't allow it people miss the good fair games like Siddd's. If we give someone an exception people will complain and say hey.. why does this guy get to earn cubits with that game but not me? What can we do? There seems to be no good answer.

Last year I was told that there will be a rep system soon, this year... Rep system still isn't out yet T.T
    Considering that the rep system will only warn people, it doesn't actually prevent scams. It would Ben nice to have, but I don't think it'll be ideal.
    Rep system? Reputation system?
  • Why not just make it an Official event like once every Saturday hosted by Space or etc.

No entry fee
    Trustworthy
  • treasure hunts... can we please have them back?

YES PLEASE +infinity
  • Siddd said:

Hrmmm.. I honestly have some misgivings about the idea that mods could run some games for profit that other player's can't. Why, for instance, wouldn't someone like Knop who's run many great in-game events with his own cubits not be allowed to make a treasure hunt. It seems unfair, and I wouldn't want to get into the business of personally approving who can make what game.

I suppose one option would be to build in some kind of safe treasure hunt feature. I'm not sure precisely how that might work right now... or whether it could really replace the random/player-generated version. Maybe @Siddd would have some idea about that.

I have tried thinking of some way to incorporate skill rather than just luck, but if there is an ideal solution it still yet eludes me.
    I do have an idea but I'm not sure it will work. All I've gathered from everyone's comments is that you pay an entry fee there are loads of chests and you go and select one and hope you get the prize right? If so first and foremost that's like gambling so not really Nice because kids play this game and if they start doing stuff like this they Will get used to it and will gamble a lot when they grow up so that's not right. But I like the idea of making them skill based rather than luck based so this is what I've come up with:
    1. Gather up players (obviously)
    2. Ask them for an entry fee so they can enter (optional)
    3. Let them enter if they have paid the fee or if it's free just let them enter anyways
    4. Take them to a rule board or something and on it will be cryptic clues
    5. These clues will lead them to the chest with the prize so this won't rlly be gambling it will be a game of deduction and stuff
    6. Also for the scam problem I think there should be like a registration box in the town center where the people wanting to host these games can enter and then wait until a mod or admin comes and approves of they're games so they can approve all the honest players and disapprove of the dishonest ones. And I think for that the rep system or something similar will be useful. Lemme know if you like this idea

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    sdgamez3 said:

Siddd said:

Hrmmm.. I honestly have some misgivings about the idea that mods could run some games for profit that other player's can't. Why, for instance, wouldn't someone like Knop who's run many great in-game events with his own cubits not be allowed to make a treasure hunt. It seems unfair, and I wouldn't want to get into the business of personally approving who can make what game.

I suppose one option would be to build in some kind of safe treasure hunt feature. I'm not sure precisely how that might work right now... or whether it could really replace the random/player-generated version. Maybe @Siddd would have some idea about that.

I have tried thinking of some way to incorporate skill rather than just luck, but if there is an ideal solution it still yet eludes me.
    I do have an idea but I'm not sure it will work. All I've gathered from everyone's comments is that you pay an entry fee there are loads of chests and you go and select one and hope you get the prize right? If so first and foremost that's like gambling so not really Nice because kids play this game and if they start doing stuff like this they Will get used to it and will gamble a lot when they grow up so that's not right. But I like the idea of making them skill based rather than luck based so this is what I've come up with:
    1. Gather up players (obviously)
    2. Ask them for an entry fee so they can enter (optional)
    3. Let them enter if they have paid the fee or if it's free just let them enter anyways
    4. Take them to a rule board or something and on it will be cryptic clues
    5. These clues will lead them to the chest with the prize so this won't rlly be gambling it will be a game of deduction and stuff
    6. Also for the scam problem I think there should be like a registration box in the town center where the people wanting to host these games can enter and then wait until a mod or admin comes and approves of they're games so they can approve all the honest players and disapprove of the dishonest ones. And I think for that the rep system or something similar will be useful. Lemme know if you like this idea

I think the morals of the gambling part is mostly irrelevant (and will be for as long as there are chanced holiday item packs in the core game) but this does sound like a good idea and that does sound more like a skill based game rather than a gambling one. I personally wouldn't run a game like that just because it would take a crazy amount of time to set up (and a lot of brain juice to come up with a fresh set of clues every single time) But I still like it :)
  • sdgamez3sdgamez3 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hah XD that's true it would take the host more skill than the players, but glad you liked the idea!
  • Also as proof that there wasn't any funny business in the treasure hunts u shud make some video footage and send it to cc devs. just a thought

• Uh huh uh huh! I'm totally not this sunshade wearing oranges relative!