Mannequins (like the dev's use them)

So..as you know in official realms there is mannequins that you can interact with

Why cant't we be able to use them like this? Like an organized process to make them interactible like in the farmer's co-op

It would be very useful for story builds,and well all builds in general
(This would be an update to simply change the current mannequins to have this function) I dont want special mannequins with prices like crazy.

Comments

• Its been suggested for a long while now so i dont see this happening but +1
  • I don't ever see this being available for the public
  • +1
  • Cubed CubesCubed Cubes Member
    edited February 2019
    Timberton said:

So..as you know in official realms there is mannequins that you can interact with

Why cant't we be able to use them like this? Like an organized process to make them interactible like in the farmer's co-op

It would be very useful for story builds,and well all builds in general
    (This would be an update to simply change the current mannequins to have this function) I dont want special mannequins with prices like crazy.

When all I end up doing is crafting for my shop, it would be really nice to go through story like realms.
    Like craft a Mannequin with a Life Force I think its called? The thing for sentries. To get a Mannequin that you can set to speak or give items.

Edit: Forgot to say +1
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I do want to add this at some point.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Gotcha wink wink ;)
  • I do want to add this at some point.

Hooray :D
  • TyndaleTyndale Member
    edited February 2019

Are those the mannequins with the black exclamation point on their chest in the game files?
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    They lack the coding for their public release. They do not have the ability to add singular different lines for every single NPC (They are called NPC)
    +1 but it will take some time to create the entire system they're based on.
  • lucaaa795 said:

They lack the coding for their public release. They do not have the ability to add singular different lines for every single NPC (They are called NPC)

Can't they just use a system like a sign instead where you get near the mannequin, it talks automatically
  • lucaaa795 said:

Can't they just use a system like a sign instead where you get near the mannequin, it talks automatically
    They can, but coding is not just that easy.
  • 'Sir.Fox' said:

lucaaa795 said:

They can, but coding is not just that easy.
    I didn't think so. But more easier to do that instead of having to press a button for them to speak like Bunnyzilla
  • I think that's a great idea. As long as you get to pick what they say. :)
  • Maybe my Duh Cheese Maze with 240 mannequins would be easier if the mannequins could drop hints :)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Just wondering, what holds you back from publishing them to public? As far as i can see is that it already can be programmed and placed and such, so i dont see why not
  • I do want to add this at some point.

Just wondering, what holds you back from publishing them to public? As far as i can see is that it already can be programmed and placed and such, so i dont see why not
    I don't think they have made a text entering system for it. They probably just have the text the npc's say in the code. Plus they're always busy with other things like working on the next pack.
  • I'm so surprised to see the attention this post has gotten,thank you all for the support :D