[Sponsored Event] Parkour For Life - 2019: Parkour For Everyone (RESULTS)

CD87CD87 Member
edited February 2019 in Player Events & Creations
The annual parkour event - Parkour For Life - has returned once again in 2019. Get yourself warmed up for the race, as this year, everyone can become the winners!

Parkour For Life - 2019

1) What is it?
Parkour For Life - 2019 is a high-speed parkour race happening once a year to celebrate the importance of parkour in Cubic Castles. This year, the goal of the event is to make a parkour race suitable and achievable for everyone.

2) Okay, but what's the race going to be? How is it held?
Parkour For Life - 2019 is a one-time high-speed parkour race. You'll be blazing through 20 courses - both old and new - in just 20 minutes.

Many courses in this event are:
+Specially modified so that each course will require a regular player to spend approximately 20-90 seconds.
+Nerfed (depending on the difficulty of the course) to satisfy the goal of the event: Parkour For Everyone!

You have 20 minutes to complete 2 following tasks during the race:
+Complete the race and bump the guestbook.
+Unlock the bonus courses and bump the finish line bumper.

3) What about the prizes? What can we get from this?
There are 4 prize tiers.
+Tier 1 - The champion: 15000 cubits
The player with the fastest time on the finish line bumper will become the Champion. They will also get a special spot in my big parkour project coming later in 2019, along with other winners from previous Parkour For Life events.

+Tier 2 - The Swiftness: 7500 cubits - 5000 cubits - 2000 cubits
The first three players on the guestbook will win the according prizes.

+Tier 3 - The Fortunate: 2000 cubits
Three randomly selected players that complete the race will win the prize.

+Tier 4 - The Victors: One random wearable item
All players who complete the race will receive this prize.

If you already receive one prize from the upper tier (except Tier 4), you will not be qualified for the other prize tiers.

4) Sweet! I'm excited now, where and when does it start?
Time: (Cubic Time only - type /time in-game to check the time)
Race #1: 3rd February, 6am (06:00:00)
Race #2: 3rd February, 8pm (20:00:00)

5) Frequently asked questions
Wait, are there two races?
Yes, there are two races at different times in order for everyone around the world to participate. For each race, a set of 3 players will be qualified for Tier 2 prizes. However, there can only be 1 champion and 3 lucky winners.

Can we practice in all parkours beforehand?
Yes, you can. They are all open up to one hour before the event. I will put the list of parkours at the end of this thread if you want to take a look at. However, the last bonus parkour will not be revealed, since it will contain GO bumper.

All parkours are available for practice at the same realm: CD87's Parkour Event. Hop over the wall and enter the green door.

Is it unfair that people will have better results in the 2nd race if they participate in the 1st race?
They are not the same. That's all I can say.
This thread does not contain everything in the event. The only thing that can improve your speed, however, is prior practising! You've been warned!

For the last bonus parkour: Yes, they are not the same. However, those parkours will require the same amount of time to complete, No muscle memory can help you get better time for that Champion title!

Talking about the Champion title, can I cheat instead?
Short answer: No, you can't. You can try, but you'll fail. Be fair!
Long answer:

There are a few things that will prevent you from doing so:
+The GO bumper is a one-time bump. You only have one attempt. If you make mistakes during that time, it's your fault. This is to ensure the fairness of the race and reflect your true parkour skill through the time. There is no second attempt for you to turn on speed hacks or perform a glitch.
+Several anti-cheat measures are applied to prevent skipping courses and similar cheats. If you skip one, you'd better stop participating.
+Other hidden measures to prevent other kinds of cheats.
+If you can bypass everything that I prepare, then congratulations! You deserve the grand prize. Before hopping on the bandwagon, though, I'd like to remind you things that you might get if you are caught:

+A direct report to the admins for cheating.
+A public report on the Scam Report page to raise awareness.
+A prize ban from all of my future events and contests, including this one.

It's easier to find 15k elsewhere than to cheat. It's not worth your efforts!

Have more questions? Leave it in the comments down below!

The Blue Course 2
Star Hunt - Ground
The Anti-Jumpman Course
Volcanic Treasures
The 5x5 Challenge 1
The 5x5 Challenge 3
Cloudy Madness
The Musical Course
The Slow Course
Weekly Parkour Event (New)
The Colorless Course (New)
Vurn Valley (New)
Elemental Cube - Water (New)

Bonus Courses:
The Mushroom Tower
Star Hunt - Sky
The 5x5 Challenge 6 (New)
Alternate Dream (New)
Hellish Nightmare (New)
CD87's Event Realm (New - 2 parkours) - Inaccessible.

-----

Good luck, and enjoy this 2nd sponsored event!

Thank you for participating in this event. It was your help that allowed me to test many new things that could prove useful for anyone wanting to hold a parkour race in the future.

There was a coincidence in The Musical Course that killed over half of the participants. The door was relocated to a different place and everyone who chose to blaze through the spikes (instead of playing the course normally) had had their precious time wasted and ended up getting lost. This is normal, as there are some other doors that got relocated, so play normally next time!

Two things that really disappointed me in this event were bugs in the last switch part and the GO bumper itself. Some of the coincidences were fixed with a 2nd attempt on a different version of the course (As mentioned, there are 2 versions, both takes the same time to complete). I'm sorry for this unfortunate accident.

But now, let's look at the winners!

The Champion: V - 15000 cubits

The Swiftness:

1st race
Maddkat - 7500 cubits
Sistine - 5000 cubits
Beautified - 2000 cubits

2nd race
Spartaboss - 7500 cubits
Trianthania - 5000 cubits
Ghoul - 2000 cubits

The Fortunate: 2000 cubits
Pedrh
HeyItsMePhei
ultratimboo

Leaderboard

Congratulations, and thank you once again for participating!

Comments