valentine steam test

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
We updated steam for valentines as a test... If you notice any new bugs let us know. There's a lot of new code unrelated to Valentines that shouldn't affect anything but.. It's hard to be sure, so we update steam first where it's easy to make quick fixes if needed.

Comments

• So i guess valentine update will be today later or tommorow ? If all goes well?
  • NoeNt said:

So i guess valentine update will be today later or tommorow ? If all goes well?

Good question.
  • I might want to help finding bugs but sadly I'm on mobile right now :P
    I might go to my family computer to test the game on steam.
  • i hope after update.. cubits castles stop working is fixed..
  • i hope after update.. cubits castles stop working is fixed..

Hey! I had the same problem to fix it you have to do these steps

1) Punch ur pc 1 to 3 times
    2)drop it from you window
    3) it gets fixed
  • NoeNt said:

i hope after update.. cubits castles stop working is fixed..

Hey! I had the same problem to fix it you have to do these steps

1) Punch ur pc 1 to 3 times
    2)drop it from you window
    3) it gets fixed
    If it's not fixed after Step 3, try dunking it in a bowl of cold water! Works almost everytime.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    People always ask when an update will be out but I can never answer because I don't know. Depends on a lot of factors out of our control. App store review, issues coming up etc..
  • i give it a year before apple approves the valentines update XD
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited January 2019
    Water looks odd once it has to fog away togheter with normal blocks...
    Also, crashes do occur on a more often basis.. launched the game 20 minutes ago already had 2
  • @SirKewberth Are we allowed to share spoilers? I usually make spoiler threads but I'm not actually sure if it's against the rules or not. I love the panda hat, by the way ;)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I don't really object to the spoiler threads so long as the new content is clearly marked with spoiler tags so those who don't want to see it before can avoid it.
  • I don't really object to the spoiler threads so long as the new content is clearly marked with spoiler tags so those who don't want to see it before can avoid it.

Well I'm too lazy to make a thread this time anyways so I'm just sending the spoilers to anyone who messages me and asks for them xD
    lucaaa795 said:

Water looks odd once it has to fog away togheter with normal blocks...
    Also, crashes do occur on a more often basis.. launched the game 20 minutes ago already had 2

Well.. Crash thing concerns me, but I don't know if its just some odd coincidence or really a new issue. I'd need more solid info about when/how etc... I don't have much to go on from this. Checking the water thing.
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited January 2019
    I took some pictures from a mine...
    (water 1: right next to the qbee)
    (water 2: kinda far away)
    (water 3: at the edge of render distance)
    I also crashed and was in game for around 5 minutes.
  • JackFury said:

I don't really object to the spoiler threads so long as the new content is clearly marked with spoiler tags so those who don't want to see it before can avoid it.

Well I'm too lazy to make a thread this time anyways so I'm just sending the spoilers to anyone who messages me and asks for them xD
    WAAA I WANNA KNOW!!!!

I took some pictures from a mine...
    (water 1: right next to the qbee)
    (water 2: kinda far away)
    (water 3: at the edge of render distance)
    I also crashed and was in game for around 5 minutes.

Yep, it's a bug and not just my mind.
    edited January 2019
    Yeah water thing is confirmed. It's because of new water blocks for overworld 2... which, while none are drawing, the new code for them causes the fog to mess up somehow. So that's a good catch.

So now we have to see if these crash reports are something new that needs to be looked at or not. Wish you guys had more to go on for that. Is it still happening luca?
  • Yeah water thing is confirmed. It's because of new water blocks for overworld 2... which, while none are drawing, the new code for them causes the fog to mess up somehow. So that's a good catch.

So now we have to see if these crash reports are something new that needs to be looked at or not. Wish you guys had more to go on for that. Is it still happening luca?

I haven't crashed so far, running on a lower-end pc.
    OK good to know.. We'll keep an eye on this thread and wait a bit before updating again.
  • Yeah water thing is confirmed. It's because of new water blocks for overworld 2... which, while none are drawing, the new code for them causes the fog to mess up somehow. So that's a good catch.

I only had 1 crash, I have not had any more.
    I was on for around 15 minutes.
  • GeezerGeezer Member
    edited January 2019
    Mine is perfectly fine, if anything it looks better than before the update lol

Yeah water thing is confirmed. It's because of new water blocks for overworld 2... which, while none are drawing, the new code for them causes the fog to mess up somehow. So that's a good catch.

EDIT: The game crashed and I am now getting the same as lucaaa and silver were saying
  • WHO PEED IN THE POOL???!!!

The crashes happened randomly. Nothing special that I can note.
  • JackFury said:

I want all your spoilers
  • I love it all but goblin D:
    I have a Valentine suggestion list but shortened my wish list for 2020 Valentine so

• I hope today we will have the Love Pack.. :3
  • Personally I never had any crashes or glitches.
  • xNexyxNexy NLMember
    Crashes after which the game gets stuck on 'reconnecting' or 'finding server', requires 5-10 restarts and then spawn in a random realm.
    Happened 6 times today.

Don't know if this is a known bug..