[ FINALE / PART 10 ] GLITCHED • interactive horror story

MissilenceMissilence Member
edited February 2019 in Player Events & Creations

Welcome to GLITCHED. This is an interactive horror story, meaning that you decide fhe fate of the characters in this story. What is the goal of GLITCHED? It’s to try and make all 7 characters survive. Unlike my other story, this time there will be a prize up for grabs. A random participant in this story will win a certain amount of cubits, depending how many characters you save. The starting prize is 7000 cubits, but it will decrease by 1000 cubits every time a character dies. Be careful, because you could be walking out with nothing. Anyway, all the information about the story and the story itself is below, so happy reading and GOOD LUCK.

JANUARY 2019 / WINTER
Seven friends decide to meet up on a holiday, and have determined to stay at a large cabin in the woods. But this cabin isn’t no ordinary, sweet holiday home. Inside houses an old arcade game, and whoever plays it will trigger the GLITCH — a spirit who will haunt them for their blood. What was thought to be a nice gathering is now a game of survival. Will they survive?

[ STATUS : DEAD ]

[ STATUS : ALIVE ]

READ PREVIOUS PARTS:
https://the-archive.carrd.co

PART TEN (FINALE)
The four qbees stood in silence for a moment, thinking about the important decision they had to make.
“I think I know what I’m going to pick,” Luna concluded. She bit her lip and looked down, staring into the wood floor briefly, before raising her head to meet eyes with the other three. She saw the fear in their eyes, and she too, couldn’t deny that she was afraid. Luna took a deep sigh, closing her eyes as she did.
“I’ve chosen sacrifice,” Luna finally croaked out. “Burning down the cabin is too difficult. We need to get out of here as soon as possible, and we’d probably lose another life by the time we could put the plan together. And before you start thinking about who to sacrifice, I’ve come to the tough conclusion that... that—“
Luna struggled to finish off her words, her eyes beginning to create tears once again. Her voice became shaky and broken. The others already knew what she was trying to say, and they couldn’t believe she would say such things.
“Luna, why?” Taylor questioned, furrowing her eyebrows. “You don’t have to do this, come on!”
“Look,” Luna began. “I’ve already seen what had happened to Theo and AJ. And I just can’t live knowing that I could’ve done something to try and save them. I should’ve died for the cause then. But I was a coward, and I didn’t. I just watched from afar, too afraid to move an inch. I regret it. A lot. I can’t live with the guilt, you know? It’s too much...” Her voice trailed off before breaking into tears again, her hands desperately trying to wipe away the tears but failing to keep up with the pace.
“I’m not letting you die, Luna!” Lewis yelled out, both his fists clenched strongly at his sides. “We’re going to get out of here together! All of us, ALIVE! Do you hear me?”
“No!” Luna refused harshly. “Let me go. Don’t think about me, I’m doing this for you.”
She walked over to the arcade machine and shook it roughly.
“Glitch! Come out! I’m willing to sacrifice myself!” Luna shouted.
“Luna, stop!” Krystal called out, running over to Luna and grabbing her arm tightly, pulling her away from the machine.
It was too late. The bright flash of light beamed out from the machine, and the Glitch appeared right in front of Krystal.
“Who dares to interrupt me?” The Glitch said, angered. It looked down at Krystal, staring deeply into her eyes.
“You? It’s you!” The Glitch raged, grabbing Krystal with its disfigured hand and lifting her up.
“Krystal, no!” Luna cried out, her hand reaching out to Krystal.
“Let go of her!” Exclaimed Taylor, running up to the Glitch.
The Glitch changed gaze and looked into Taylor’s eyes.
“Don’t even think about trying to save her,” the Glitch smiled as it tightened its grip on Krystal.
Krystal let out a chilling scream, swinging her legs about frantically.
“Say goodbye to your little friend,” the Glitch cackled.
“Run!” Krystal blurted out. “Go! Get out of here! I am the sacrifice!”
“I won’t leave you Krystal!” Luna declined, standing frozen in her place.
“Stop thinking about me and just go!” Krystal struggled to say.
Lewis grabbed Luna’s hand in a hurry and ran to the door along with Taylor, Krystal’s final screams echoing throughout the cabin. Taylor kicked the door wide open at the same time Krystal’s screams fell silent. A message appeared on the screen of the arcade machine:
YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE GAME.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Lewis saw the faint message before running out the door, turning his head around to see where he was going. Taylor slammed the door shut. The three qbees ran off the property before stopping and looking back at the house.
“You know,” Lewis said, panting. “I stood in this place before. With AJ. At the start of our holiday. And you know what he said to me? He said it would be the best experience ever. Oh boy, was he so wrong.”

PREVIOUS POLLS

Comments