Potentially Game-breaking bug??

2»

Comments

• Same thing with me!

I traded with a guy time ago for a Food Warp. (no cubits was given)
    After the food warp trade I got bored so I decided to eat it and I had my c at 10k and other c stashed in my piggy. Few mins after I ate the warp I saw the cubits droped to 9k.. I thought my c was 9k and it never dropped. Next day I saw my cubits at 8k and then it happened so on till I had 7k. I didn't report it since I didn't know how to use forums and I was not allowed to go on Discord via.

I did get scared since I thought I was getting hacked and I had my noises (cc) low so I didn't hear it.

The players username: @NERFMAN800 THE PRO THE SEXY DUDE. I still remember that day :/

Ashi when u lost 1k and then next day did u lose another 1k? O.o

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

U said:

As I think about it.. I have had trades lag out and both parties lost the items.

But I honestly think this is the placebo effect.

Can you elaborate on your use of the term "placebo effect"? I'm well aware of what it is, are you implying that this didn't happen to anyone at all, and they are just thinking it? Cubits is a currency, which means numbers. Placebo effect is more of a positive/negative thought process, therefore accomplishing a goal. That goal has nothing to do with FACTS though. I see what you mean, but I think it was the wrong word.
    I’m saying one person said it. Nobody ever said anything about it ever before that. All of a sudden everybody in the community is saying that it happened to them before. Nobody has any proof that it happened.
  • CoolGuyBossCoolGuyBoss Member
    edited January 2019
    I swear a year ago I heard of this. I completely believe it. Yes it does sound very fake. But in a world loads of scammers and hackers, it seems very possible. and like Ashi had said, if it was for stealth, they wouldnt just take all your c, eventually yeah, you would loose all your c if u really never notice.

I personally have never experienced this, but i have seen my cubit count drop a few days, no one has my password, and i know for a fact i never traded anyone, or bought anything.

I also think, if this keeps happening, because all these stories people have used the same excuse for them all. A warp food. I think for now Kewberth should block the ability to trade all warp food until the bug is fixed.
  • Seems like a repeat of the "This Man" campaign. You all thought of it because you heard it from someone else, it's all subconcious. There is no cubit dropping. Admins have confirmed this. Everything in the game is logged. Why would you possibly consider stopping trading warp food, that's just thick.
  • Seems like a repeat of the "This Man" campaign. You all thought of it because you heard it from someone else, it's all subconcious. There is no cubit dropping. Admins have confirmed this. Everything in the game is logged. Why would you possibly consider stopping trading warp food, that's just thick.

If this is a real bug, it literally seems like its all caused from trading and warp food. So i'm suggesting if its a real bug, they should block warp food from being traded to stop this from happening, until its patched.
  • so they can see lost items dropped in lobby or such but doesnt seem to care to give them back... one guy lost kramp b umb i believe his name was .deathless. ... i too lost 250k that way... and there we have admins saying ‘we do not give them back’ in the politest manner and shrug it off... but takes a deep rant about 1k cubits. It’s just very weird...
  • I've done checks on that yes. Never seen any evidence of items lost that weren't dropped and despawned. I've never had anything vanish from my own accounts either, and I have containers with all the most valuable items. I've created alt accounts and fillled chests with krampuses and halos etc... and nothing vanished. If someone had a hack to take stuff I created a lot of primo targets that were ignored. I suspect what happens is people make mistakes and drop or trade things they shouldn't or get scammed, and then claim bugs happened to try and get them back through support, and this starts rumours.

• LateCom said:

so they can see lost items dropped in lobby or such but doesnt seem to care to give them back... one guy lost kramp b umb i believe his name was .deathless. ... i too lost 250k that way... and there we have admins saying ‘we do not give them back’ in the politest manner and shrug it off... but takes a deep rant about 1k cubits. It’s just very weird...

If you're dumb enough to drop stuff in lobby you deserve what's coming
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    @Alpha-Storm no, mine was just a one time loss, as far as I've noticed.

@LateCom one person losing 250k by doing something unsafe is completely different from many people losing something just by doing normal game activities. The goal here was never to get cubits back. I dont want a refund and I dont think anyone here necessarily wants one either. Stop making it about the money when it's the principle that is the problem. People shouldn't be losing their stuff just by being in the game. (And AGAIN, I'm not saying to return their stuff, I'm asking to do something to avoid future losses).
  • and here we were going on a wild goose nonexistent chase... devs don't do anything to help nor bother check for bigger losses but do for these... i do wonder what comes first when it comes to checking for these things...
  • Well I mean i go buy a few items and i'm like wow i just spent 5k on commons and resources so probably just miscalculated or thought you had the c.