BringBackEggHunt

Comments

• How about an event ?
    Random 15 players win a few of easter eggs so they can craft pow
  • I've been asked in private about this. The egg hunt won't return as a global score contest because it's just not fair to players who are serious players, but who don't have the same amount of time to play as others. Lets say you've been playing for years and you have a nice collection of the game items, but you have a job so you can only play on weekends. It's basically us saying.. here's a rare item you don't even have a CHANCE to get. Enjoy the event! It's not fun for those people. That's why we changed it. With regards to the radius... well.. I don't like it either, but I really really don't like the cheaters getting ahead of the honest players when it's preventable. Is there a better solution? I don't know.

It's bound to happen. It's neither your fault nor the game's fault.
    Remember the clan event in 2018? I had to wake up at 2am just to help my friends win. If I couldn't do that, could I complain that the event should be held at a different time? Of course not.

The amount of serious players in the game is ~50 players, so perhaps a 100-slot leaderboard may make everyone happy. (Not to mention the prize for collecting 1000 eggs)

The 2016 egg hunt is still one of the best official events so far, as a matter of fact.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    The radius ruins it tho...I personally didn't do that event cause of the radius.
  • There should be a resource detector that makes you install the right resources to play , so when people tried removing the textures they wont be able to play without
    using the default textures.

The downside would be custom textures would be a bye-bye, but seasonal hunting events would be open.
  • I still think that old egg hunt should be rdturned into the game this year, even if there are not many serious players into the game i think that it was SirKewberth's fault to return it twice.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited January 2019
    LateCom said:

lucaaa795 said:

The radius is good if you want everyone to have small amounts of eggs in the end. Without the radius, it's a real fight to stay in the top 50. And it's better like that.
    Just remove the radius and make the pow gifts a store item. And bring the hunt to what it once was.

U said:

i do like this idea.

We need the radius to stay the same, but the prizes be a bit different. Like top 5 or 10 should get ramm, then 11-50 should get a item we have never seen before, like the year the Pink Umbrella was added, there were only like 51 by the end of the year because 50 for top 50, then 1 for a raffle.

And for people who collect more than 1k should just get a basic Red Balloon like the first year.

EDIT: Or do it like the very first year. Everyone 50k or 100k eggs collected (cant remember) spawns Bunnyzilla.

Nobody will participate in the egg hunt with the radius. The Easter umbrella was the prize of the egg hunt for two years.

What about the people who have spent 200-400$ on rams?
    They took a risk when they bought one, for investments or just as a nice companion. RISKS are what a healthy economy is built on. You have to take RISKS with every important decision in real life. We must bring the RISKS back.

would you say the same if you still had your lv49 ram?
    Yes. I have lost cubits many times due to not thinking twice about the risks. Do you think that I would've still sold it if I didn't know that they will return (more or less of them) one day?

There should be a resource detector that makes you install the right resources to play , so when people tried removing the textures they wont be able to play without
    using the default textures.

The downside would be custom textures would be a bye-bye, but seasonal hunting events would be open.

They didn't change the textures. They did not even touch the files at all. It's just a trick to not load the realm properly.
    CD87 said:

I've been asked in private about this. The egg hunt won't return as a global score contest because it's just not fair to players who are serious players, but who don't have the same amount of time to play as others. Lets say you've been playing for years and you have a nice collection of the game items, but you have a job so you can only play on weekends. It's basically us saying.. here's a rare item you don't even have a CHANCE to get. Enjoy the event! It's not fun for those people. That's why we changed it. With regards to the radius... well.. I don't like it either, but I really really don't like the cheaters getting ahead of the honest players when it's preventable. Is there a better solution? I don't know.

It's bound to happen. It's neither your fault nor the game's fault.
    Remember the clan event in 2018? I had to wake up at 2am just to help my friends win. If I couldn't do that, could I complain that the event should be held at a different time? Of course not.

The amount of serious players in the game is ~50 players, so perhaps a 100-slot leaderboard may make everyone happy. (Not to mention the prize for collecting 1000 eggs)

The 2016 egg hunt is still one of the best official events so far, as a matter of fact.
    CD is right. The two egg hunts (2016 and 2017) are ranked high in the best official events section by many.
    Plus, everyone should learn that hard work always pays off. Are you really a serious player if you can't spend 2+ hours daily in the game?
    Staying in top 50 was a manageable thing even with work or school. It would mean to remove all social things for a couple of weeks and to not waste even a minute doing something else in-game than collecting eggs, but it was manageable. First hand experience.
  • CD is right. The two egg hunts (2016 and 2017) are ranked high in the best official events section by many.
    Plus, everyone should learn that hard work always pays off. Are you really a serious player if you can't spend 2+ hours daily in the game?
    Staying in top 50 was a manageable thing even with work or school. It would mean to remove all social things for a couple of weeks and to not waste even a minute doing something else in-game than collecting eggs, but it was manageable. First hand experience.

Pretty much,i agree with what you said.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Well.. ok.. I guess maybe we can do the egg hunt like last year's but also include a total count leaderboard or something. I'll think about it. Easter is still a way's off. For the distance issue... that's a harder one. What is the main issue... like is spotting eggs from very far away so necessary for searching them out?
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited January 2019

I've been asked in private about this. The egg hunt won't return as a global score contest because it's just not fair to players who are serious players, but who don't have the same amount of time to play as others. Lets say you've been playing for years and you have a nice collection of the game items, but you have a job so you can only play on weekends. It's basically us saying.. here's a rare item you don't even have a CHANCE to get. Enjoy the event! It's not fun for those people. That's why we changed it. With regards to the radius... well.. I don't like it either, but I really really don't like the cheaters getting ahead of the honest players when it's preventable. Is there a better solution? I don't know.

Couldn't you just make the eggs actual placed blocks that randomly spawn on a mines surface rather than floating objects to stop people from using the unloaded realm cheat?

Well.. ok.. I guess maybe we can do the egg hunt like last year's but also include a total count leaderboard or something. I'll think about it. Easter is still a way's off. For the distance issue... that's a harder one. What is the main issue... like is spotting eggs from very far away so necessary for searching them out?

It is very tedious, it basically becomes - go to every mine, run around the entire outside, complete one lap (did I already do a lap? can't remember) rinse and repeat- It ends up becoming an autonomous chore, you don't really feel like you are egg hunting but running in circles.
  • Siddd said:

Couldn't you just make the eggs actual placed blocks that randomly spawn on a mines surface rather than floating objects to stop people from using the unloaded realm cheat?
    +1 for this suggestion
    edited January 2019

I'd rather see no hunt than a hunt just like in 2018.
    I for one am fine with a 15x15 radius or something. This way, the cheaters could not cheat and everyone would be happy. The 1.5x1.5 radius was just utterly terrible.

Siddd said:

Maybe they could be something like the stars in adventure mode or the halloween doors, with a tough giving policy. +1 for sidd's idea.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    an easter pow gift 2019 seems like a good idea, everyone can have a chance to craft that... what if there is a separate egg to craft a pow gift, and separate egg to search for the global score contest?
  • #bringbackoldegghunt C: .. how ever. pls fix the cubic not respoding,.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Siddd said:

That wouldn't stop the cheats. It would only stop that one particular cheat. There are other ways.

edited January 2019

Siddd said:

That wouldn't stop the cheats. It would only stop that one particular cheat. There are other ways.

I am pretty sure that it would result in way fewer cheaters. Or even almost none.
    Otherwise, I have suggested a 15x15 radius a few comments above. Fair enough for everyone.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Siddd said:

I am curious about what other ways you would still be able to cheat with placed eggs... Unless you are talking about re-texturing, hmm. Can't really suggest anything without knowing the other cheat methods though; I tried!
  • I think it should work like with the red balloon.
    Maybe create a new item, and it could be a certain amount of eggs needed.
    No leaderboard.

I think it should work like with the red balloon.
    No leaderboard.

The event would become unpopular after 2 days.
  • lucaaa795 said:

No leaderboard.

At least people who don't spend 23 hours per day in the game get a chance.
  • lucaaa795 said:

No leaderboard.

Nobody actually spent that much in first or second year of egg hunt, yea you spent an amount of hours but not more than 5 hours per day.
  • lucaaa795 said:

No leaderboard.

Those people would be the first to become bored from the event, because they might have already finished it.

I guess you have never seen what serious gaming looks like...
    edited January 2019

lucaaa795 said:

No leaderboard.

As noe said, 5 hours every day would get you up to 35-45
    Which is more than enough.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

No leaderboard.

As noe said, 5 hours every day would get you up to 35-45
    Which is more than enough.
    Silver wasn’t around to see it. I got 9,000 eggs and spent two hours max a day.
  • ^ O_O

^ O_O

Keep in mind this was without the radius in 2016.
  • U said:

^ O_O

Keep in mind this was without the radius in 2016.
    oh ;-; I never did any of the egg hunts XD I didn't even know it existed back then :v
  • I liked how it was last year. I mean, it WAS my first Easter, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I enjoyed it. It brought people into the mines, which didn't happen often, and added a lot of play time for people. I think "Should I play CC rn? Idk what I'm gonna do though..." quite a lot. Around Easter though, I played every moment I got. The pows were fun to open as well, even if they didn't exactly carry much. If the pows got an upgrade in quantity, and got some NEW items, so strong that you can't just buy the regular pack and get it, I'd be fine with just that.
  • @SirKewberth Can you please delete this thread? Thanks.

I liked how it was last year. I mean, it WAS my first Easter, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I enjoyed it. It brought people into the mines, which didn't happen often, and added a lot of play time for people. I think "Should I play CC rn? Idk what I'm gonna do though..." quite a lot. Around Easter though, I played every moment I got. The pows were fun to open as well, even if they didn't exactly carry much. If the pows got an upgrade in quantity, and got some NEW items, so strong that you can't just buy the regular pack and get it, I'd be fine with just that.

Back in 2016 and 2017 people would have first fights over who got to search the mine for eggs (Not literal fist fights but you get the point). That’s how many people participated in trying to get in the top 50.
  • Why not top 5 get level 49 ram and top 45 get Easter umbrella...
This discussion has been closed.