Idle Button?

edited January 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
My brother and I were talking about the game and we came up with the idea of having an idle/afk button. My brother thought that it would be nice to have it and when you click it it says Idle or afk above your qbee.

I hope you could consider this idea. I think it would be very helpful because I know some people get mad when other people don't listen to them or respond to them so I really think it would be nice to have it so that other players know. Again, I really hope you will consider adding this to the game.

Comments

• Add it like it is a special realm tag, people would cheat bomb games like that
  • Add it like it is a special realm tag, people would cheat bomb games like that

True, true
  • SarcoSarco Member
    edited January 2019
    When I go AFK I want to see a nice view, not another ugly piece of writing. Plus including your name and clan name + the addition of this half ya screen would be taken up

But that can be prevented, also +1.
    If you stay idle for 3minutes or more then a IDLE (in green) will be on top of your head (suggestio)
  • +1
  • If it's optional (some sort of button), then +1. Sometimes I'm semi-afk, and don't want others knowing I'm not actually gone o-o
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    It should give the qbee the effect of sleeping.
  • U said:

:O x2
  • U said:

+1 - I like the idea of an idle/afk indicator...but...it should be automatically provided by the game, not a toggle.

I played a game where if you didn't do any thing for a certain amount of time, your avatar would close its eyes and drop it's head as if to be sleeping while standing in place. Many of the devs were notorious in that game for being found 'in game' that way...lol. There was also a glitch where you could mine rocks while 'still asleep'...

But, I like that the game automatically provided a visual for others to see if you were AFK (especially if you have to drop everything quickly to deal with something in RL and don't have time to toggle a switch, etc). It could be changing the color of your name or adding a tag or making your Qbee 'sleep'. You automatically 'woke up' when you started doing something in game (well, except for mining sometimes).
  • b3achy said:

U said:

+1 - I like the idea of an idle/afk indicator...but...it should be automatically provided by the game, not a toggle.

I played a game where if you didn't do any thing for a certain amount of time, your avatar would close its eyes and drop it's head as if to be sleeping while standing in place. Many of the devs were notorious in that game for being found 'in game' that way...lol. There was also a glitch where you could mine rocks while 'still asleep'...

But, I like that the game automatically provided a visual for others to see if you were AFK (especially if you have to drop everything quickly to deal with something in RL and don't have time to toggle a switch, etc). It could be changing the color of your name or adding a tag or making your Qbee 'sleep'. You automatically 'woke up' when you started doing something in game (well, except for mining sometimes).
    Yes; in fact, quite a few games make your character start to nod off if you leave them sitting for too long. The moment you start moving again, they wake up. Kind of like a computer screensaver; move the mouse cursor to wake it up.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    JackFury said:

b3achy said:

U said:

Yes; in fact, quite a few games make your character start to nod off if you leave them sitting for too long. The moment you start moving again, they wake up. Kind of like a computer screensaver; move the mouse cursor to wake it up.
    +1
  • U said:

JackFury said:

b3achy said:

U said:

+1
    +2
  • JackFury said:

b3achy said:

U said:

If you can turn it off in profile, that would be appreciated.
  • U said:

JackFury said:

b3achy said:

U said:

+1
    +2
    If move the cursor mouse then how do people know ur not afk. Some people want to pretend to be afk so instead of moving mouse, why not move in-game

• U said:

JackFury said:

b3achy said:

U said:

+1
    +2
    If move the cursor mouse then how do people know ur not afk. Some people want to pretend to be afk so instead of moving mouse, why not move in-game

Thats smart. I mean it only makes the most sense
  • I don't see what's wrong with the system there is right now. If the player doesn't move or respond when you teleport, it's pretty obvious that he is afk, right?
  • Maybe a text on top ur name "Afk / Idle "
  • I think it shouldnt be text above your head, but when you have the switch on, it should add onto your name (AFK) so it edits it in the friends list, and if someone happens to enter your realm, they too can see you're AFK