Bring everything back!

lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
edited January 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
Hello there.
I have decided to come up with an idea that will get negative feedback from anyone with a net worth of over 250k but do not down vote it yet. Let me tell you my very controversial idea first.
We've all seen how rarest items from a pack do not usually return next year because they're replaced by others... And in the long run, this will only affect the economy, making rare items rarer and common items more common. Which means that the gap between poor and rich will only get bigger and bigger.
So what's this suggestion about?
Bring everything back every year. And in order to not bring everything down to 10k, the odds of receiving a wondrous (remember when we actually had rarities on the official page? me too) item that has been in the same pack but years ago, the odds could be 0.1% to 0.05% of receiving a rare,rarity increasing per amount of years that it was away from the pack. (eg: halo and krampus could go as low as 0.05%)
This way, the items will remain more or less stable, with small odds of seeing something going up to 500k-1 million anymore. They will not drop too much either, due to the stupidity of how rare they would be in packs.
I do not want to see items going over the 500k mark. We all know the case of the ramm and how developers' experiment with it succeeded. Do you want to see 5 items on the Golden "over 500k" shelf above company's logo? How about 10? 20?
It's stupid to see how easily one can double the value of something very rare by using the simple idea that too few have it and none will sell it. The way it is right now for super rares, It's a one player driven economy, not a community driven economy.
NOTE: Fool's stuff could not be included, since the developers have sort of announced prior to the removal of pack that it'll be a one time thing. They didn't do the same for any other item from any other pack though. Also, I myself am a trader and I will get affected by this as well, but I'm ready to sacrifice guaranteed massive profits in order to revive the economy.
No poll, state your feedback in the comment. Thank you.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    -1 simply because of the amount I spent on the game to get those super rares. Sure, bring them all back and lose every person that spend money on the game.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    edited January 2019
    U said:

-1 simply because of the amount I spent on the game to get those super rares. Sure, bring them all back and lose every person that spend money on the game.

You didn't look at how rare they should be... 0.05% is more or less 2000 packs opened in order to theoretically get a 100% chance of receiving it. Or that's just not worth it.
    If they leave them out of the game (store, contests) for any much longer, we will see a dousen of items priced over 500k each. Or even 1 million. Do you, developers, want that?
    Plus, where would be the risk? At the moment, you can just buy a ton of something super rare and hold on to it for 5 years to get 2000% in return. A healthy economy should be filled with risks, not guaranteed wins.
    edited January 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

U said:

You didn't look at how rare they should be... 0.05% is more or less 2000 packs opened in order to theoretically get a 100% chance of receiving it. Or that's just not worth it.
    If they leave them out of the game (store, contests) for any much longer, we will see a dousen of items priced over 500k each. Or even 1 million.
    Plus, where would be the risk? At the moment, you can just buy a ton of something super rare and hold on to it for 5 years to get 2000% in return. A healthy economy should be filled with risks, not guaranteed wins.
    I did look at the percent. Just the thought of the item being in the pack drops the prices insainly. Let’s take a look at mistletoes being in the Yule tide pack. People spend 1mil and get 5-10 mistletoes. They are worth 100c.

Nobody can debate how rare the purple Easter hat is. BUT WAIT! It’s in the Easter pack.. it’s worth 20,000c..
    edited January 2019
    U said:

lucaaa795 said:

U said:

If they leave them out of the game (store, contests) for any much longer, we will see a dousen of items priced over 500k each. Or even 1 million.
    I did look at the percent. Just the thought of the item being in the pack drops the prices insainly. Let’s take a look at mistletoes being in the Yule tide pack. People spend 1mil and get 5-10 mistletoes. They are worth 100c.

Nobody can debate how rare the purple Easter hat is. BUT WAIT! It’s in the Easter pack.. it’s worth 20,000c..
    Of course kids will believe that once it's in pack, it's a guaranteed drop within 10 packs. It might drop within first few days but once everyone realizes how rare they actually are, it will bounce back and gain stability.
    Mistletoes are not a great example. They never reached the 5k mark at all. They're ugly and they never had a good demand.
    The developers can tell us at any moment how rare X is, as long as it was in a pack. They have the rarities noted down otherwise how would the store even know what's rare and what's common..
  • I like the idea so +1
  • JuIiusJuIius Member
    edited January 2019
    And nobody will buy cubits because there is literally nothing to spend them on, guess what? The game dies, because there are no funds.
    The Halloween stamp "supposedly" had a drop rate of 5%. The item literally was worth 4-6k, now I see them going for 800c all because it returned.
  • And nobody will buy cubits because there is literally nothing to spend them on, guess what? The game dies, because there are no funds.
    The Halloween stamp "supposedly" had a drop rate of 5%. The item literally was worth 4-6k, now I see them going for 800c all because it returned.

800c?!?!

Where please enlighten
  • We play a free game so the devs need to pay the bills and eat right? They want to make rares and super rares so people will buy cubits thus support the game. This is really necessary in order to keep the servers up.
    One thing that would help is to somehow get rid of all the very young players who keep the prices in the toilet and ruin the economy. They are playing simply because begging mommy for $$ to play cc works so the trade off is all the drama, rule breaking, scamming, lies, bullying, thefts and no control over the changes that puberty brings ie inappropriate sexual abuse towards other players.

But you are asking for lower prices which means you must be one of the lazy players. I made my 1st million actually mining & I mostly bought all my things in the store till I found a lot of players willing to sell their items and save $$ doing this. If I find a player selling something I really want, I usually pay them more than they offer if I think its too low but I am not cheap and I think the other player deserves more. If I do buy an item from a player, it is never to be sold as I don't believe in profiting from another.
    Love your neighbor as you love yourself only works if first, you love yourself.

Please do not think of it as you vs them. Think of you and only you. Do the best you can do with all the game has to offer to make $$ and then you can be happy knowing you have done your best to be where you wanted to be. This game has so many opportunities to make $$ without stepping on someone else. Success starts from within, if you fail, you keep trying or just go play Fortnite.
    edited January 2019

And nobody will buy cubits because there is literally nothing to spend them on, guess what? The game dies, because there are no funds.

Actually, I like to think about it as more purchases every season. There are more reasons to buy packs, and when you run out of c you will have a strong will to buy more in order to get the halo/dino/pumpkin pet etc. It's better than a one-time purchase, because it's not a guaranteed thing. If you don't get it, you can buy more cubits and try again.
    Again, another bad example. Halloween stamps are not used at all because they have the annoying leaves and too few actually have realms related to fall. The demand is very low, and the drop rate was a lot. 5% is 100 times bigger than 0.05%.
    Intimate said:

We play a free game so the devs need to pay the bills and eat right? They want to make rares and super rares so people will buy cubits thus support the game. This is really necessary in order to keep the servers up.
    One thing that would help is to somehow get rid of all the very young players who keep the prices in the toilet and ruin the economy. They are playing simply because begging mommy for $$ to play cc works so the trade off is all the drama, rule breaking, scamming, lies, bullying, thefts and no control over the changes that puberty brings ie inappropriate sexual abuse towards other players.

But you are asking for lower prices which means you must be one of the lazy players. I made my 1st million actually mining & I mostly bought all my things in the store till I found a lot of players willing to sell their items and save $$ doing this. If I find a player selling something I really want, I usually pay them more than they offer if I think its too low but I am not cheap and I think the other player deserves more. If I do buy an item from a player, it is never to be sold as I don't believe in profiting from another.

Please do not think of it as you vs them. Think of you and only you. Do the best you can do with all the game has to offer to make $$ and then you can be happy knowing you have done your best to be where you wanted to be. This game has so many opportunities to make $$ without stepping on someone else. Success starts from within, if you fail, you keep trying or just go play Fortnite.

They did not like when the ramm hit 1million cubits. They do care to an extent about how much items are priced at. Again, players could instead buy cubits every season to try their luck to get super rares (too few will even get one). What's better: a 500k one time purchase that will get used on a couple of super rares for one's outfit or a 200k purchase every season that will get used on packs? I believe that this could revive the economy, and help the developers at the same time.

I am not sure what you define as lazy but if making my first million meant collecting eggs 10 hours everyday for 3 weeks is "lazy", then who is energetic at all lol. If you buy items that will never get sold again, then you're not that much affected by this. This will affect traders (me included) but mostly those that play God with the super rares.

Fortnite is not an option (I'd rather hit my head against a wall). What has this game to offer? Players that play God and double the price of items within a week?
    The gap must be shortened. I give it 2 years until we will have 10 items above the 750k mark, 5 of which over 1m if nothing is done at all.

edited January 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

Actually, I like to think about it as more purchases every season. There are more reasons to buy packs, and when you run out of c you will have a strong will to buy more in order to get the halo/dino/pumpkin pet etc. It's better than a one-time purchase, because it's not a guaranteed thing. If you don't get it, you can buy more cubits and try again.
    Again, another bad example. Halloween stamps are not used at all because they have the annoying leaves and too few actually have realms related to fall. The demand is very low, and the drop rate was a lot. 5% is 100 times bigger than 0.05%.
    Intimate said:

We play a free game so the devs need to pay the bills and eat right? They want to make rares and super rares so people will buy cubits thus support the game. This is really necessary in order to keep the servers up.

They did not like when the ramm hit 1million cubits. They do care to an extent about how much items are priced at. Again, players could instead buy cubits every season to try their luck to get super rares (too few will even get one). What's better: a 500k one time purchase that will get used on a couple of super rares for one's outfit or a 200k purchase every season that will get used on packs? I believe that this could revive the economy, and help the developers at the same time.

I am not sure what you define as lazy but if making my first million meant collecting eggs 10 hours everyday for 3 weeks is "lazy", then who is energetic at all lol. If you buy items that will never get sold again, then you're not that much affected by this. This will affect traders (me included) but mostly those that play God with the super rares.

Fortnite is not an option (I'd rather hit my head against a wall). What has this game to offer? Players that play God and double the price of items within a week?
    The gap must be shortened. I give it 2 years until we will have 10 items above the 750k mark, 5 of which over 1m if nothing is done at all.

I would never spend a penny on the game again. I buy items from packs so I can make profit on them in the future. This would leave 0 room for profit.

Who cares if items are 750k+? Just buy one of the other hundreds and hundreds of cheap items. You are not forced to buy these expensive items.
    edited January 2019
    U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Intimate said:

I would never spend a penny on the game again. I buy items from packs so I can make profit on them in the future. This would leave 0 room for profit.
    It would leave room for profit. Between two of the same season there is a 12 months gap. Items will go up during that time, then drop when the pack hits, then go up again after the pack is gone. It might not be a 20000% return, but it'll still be at least 10% profit as long as there is demand for the items during the year.
  • maybe put super rares in pack every year , but make it only 0.5 % to get ?

maybe put super rares in pack every year , but make it only 0.5 % to get ?

0.5% could still be too much by some's standards. My suggestion mentions a drop rate of 0.1
    - 0.05%
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I love how literally one person is against it right now, and its literally only because that person needs some sweet profit and thinks it will ruin the price (although 0.05% would bring only about 10 more of that item in the game what downs the price with 50-100k but raises it again later with about the same price because the demand made in for them)

But i say +1 i have also items i bought for many cubits and i will be bummed too if i paid more than i should, but honestly i rather see more people with those awesome items than that they jist rather some cobwebs in a storage of some collector
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I'm against this too. I would probably still buy c but no where near as much. I don't mind some items being expensive, just not many. It's taken what 3 years just for the Slyne Ghost to be 100k
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Fine with stuff not returning. Nice to have some actual rare items. It strengthens the economy.
    I'm all for new variants like the newer krampus.
  • +1 i would love to see old items coming back and not having new ones for one year atleast, because it makes the game about having cubits and rares than building more.
  • +1 would love to see some items to return
  • NoeNt said:

+1 i would love to see old items coming back and not having new ones for one year atleast, because it makes the game about having cubits and rares than building more.

^ You just said the point
  • ThisIsNotSlimThisIsNotSlim Member, Game Moderator

People that want things to return are the people without the items.
    The people who dont want them to return are the people with the items.

Nobody knows prior to items being "discontinued"..

Everything is Fair.. This topic has been discussed.. mostly by the same people many times over..
    #Getoverit

Love you all and you opinions matter! No need to express the same concerns 600 times :D
  • -1 Nah. I mean, I honestly don't care. If my rares drop, whoops too bad.
  • +1
    It's the devs' decision whether to reintroduce item x or y in a pack. Even if I had sold my 3 halos and 5 wuvva pigs I still wouldn't agree with this. A low drop rate still reintroduces more of those items into the market. Adding 5-10 halos into the market or any other expensive item into the game will make a big difference.
    LateCom said:

It's the devs' decision whether to reintroduce item x or y in a pack. Even if I had sold my 3 halos and 5 wuvva pigs I still wouldn't agree with this. A low drop rate still reintroduces more of those items into the market. Adding 5-10 halos into the market or any other expensive item into the game will make a big difference.

Omg you have 3 halos and 5 Wuvva pigs?!?! How?? You are so rich!!
    LateCom said:

It is devs' decision, yes. But a suggestion never hurts, does it?
    The ramm week brought quite a lot of ramms in-game yet the prices did not drop at all though. Same for 2017's Christmas contest, the one that gave away 50 krampus masks. 50 krampus masks drove the price what 50k down? And that's only because they were all released at the same time. The price bounced back within weeks.
  • PartyParty Member
    edited January 2019

I get the percent but look at it this way for example some new persons going to buy 1 pack get a ram and sell it for 20k.

I like items having rarity and items are only worth $50-$100 that is a fair range their needs to be some items worth big money.

I agree that people are not buying packs look at the tricorn for example.
  • +1.
    The manipulation of prices over the past few days is getting rather ridiculous now.
  • ^^^^
    'Party' said:

I get the percent but look at it this way for example some new persons going to buy 1 pack get a ram and sell it for 20k.

I like items having rarity and items are only worth $50-$100 that is a fair range their needs to be some items worth big money.

I agree that people are not buying packs look at the tricorn for example.

Ramms have never been mentioned as an item that could return within a seasonal pack.
    The problem is that the prices of many super rares and even rares are starting to overpass the 50-100$ mark. I am fine with having items worth 100$ (not a dousen though) but seeing items already pushing further out is not okay.

Tricorn's price is yet another example of how easy one can manipulate the economy.
    Also, Thanks for saying it, narla:
    *Narla* said:

+1.
    The manipulation of prices over the past few days is getting rather ridiculous now.

Let's show them that it won't be "just like the simulations". We should bring the risk back into the economy. I would be ready to risk with my assets.