Should this be forbidden?

lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
Hello!
Recently, I have witnessed (and still am) a guy doing a giveaway at a said number of subscribers. Everything is good until you realize that his actual subscriber count is at least 100 less than the requirements in order to start the giveaway. He does hollas every 5 minutes or so in order to attract as many subscribers in an unethical way, forcing players to subscribe in order to receive a prize. Which means that the giveaway starts only once a goal has been accomplished. It reminds me of the payaways that had a tip piggy as a goal. Fill the piggy with the said amount of cubits and the owner will open it up for everyone. This case however does not involve paying cubits but subscribing to a random guy in order to make him open the gate and let everyone take a prize. And it's sad to see players subscribing to someone not because they like what the channel has but rather to get a prize in a giveaway... It just sounds so wrong to me.
I am all for giveaways that are hosted after a channel has hit a milestone, without advertising the said channel like the guy above does.

Comments

• That Mr erener or something guy? So bad
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I agree this shouldn't be allowed
  • Everyone unsubscribes afterwards anyways.. unless they actually like his content and decided to keep subscribed
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Subscribe to enter my free gift card giveaway
  • Subscribe to delete my channel
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    This is nothing new... it has been so since the very beginning. Why complain about it now after so many years.
    we may not like it, but why make it illegal?
  • I hate it too, it almost same with payaway, giving free subscribes :/

I get subscribes by doing videos not asking for it .
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Read 12

The guide lines say:

6.Restrictions. Your permission to use Cubic Castles is conditioned upon the following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions: You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
    1.post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;

2.use the service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;

3.attempt to, "stalk" or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;

4.use another user’s account without permission;

5.provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;

6.interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;

7.make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;

8.bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data; or

9.publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or account.

10.permit any other person (including but not limited to a former member whose account Cosmic Cow has terminated) to access Cubic Castles

11.create or provide any other means through which the Games may be played by anyone besides you (e.g., through server emulators);

12.Use Cubic Castles for unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;

13.harm minors in any way;

14.impersonate another user or administrator;

15.disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other members of the Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other members' ability to engage in real time exchanges;

17.collect or store personal data about another member without the express permission of such member.

18.reveal personal data about another member without the express permission of such member.

19.modify any files or use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools,

20.engage in any behaviour that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game' as defined by Cosmic Cow in its sole discretion. This includes the use of multiple characters or accounts to undermine or spy on competing parties, or to otherwise manipulate the game environment.

21.play Cubic Castles on any server or service that is not provided or authorised by Cosmic Cow.
  • scorto7 said:

This is nothing new... it has been so since the very beginning. Why complain about it now after so many years.
    we may not like it, but why make it illegal?

You could say that towards a lot of things. I agree. This should be made illegal.
  • I mean i see this as exchanging cubits for items outside the game because they are exchanging items (which cost cubits) for subscribers(which gives them rl money).

This has been around forever and is annoying but i don't see it being changed because people creating vids about cc is free advertising for them basically.
    Keep in mind: The guidelines say you can’t advertise within Cubic Castles.
  • U said:

Literally every youtuber in cc has done that.

U said:

Literally every youtuber in cc has done that.
    I know. We all know the guidelines aren’t actually true.
  • And..Most important..
    Who cares about the subs of your Youtube Channel? This trend is ridiculous..
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember

And..Most important..

Many care. Most of them believe that they are above everyone else if they have 500 - 1000 subscribers or above.
  • lucaaa795 said:

And..Most important..

Many care. Most of them believe that they are above everyone else if they have 500 - 1000 subscribers or above.
    Lmao..I'm curious how that will make their life better..
    "Wow! 1000 people follow me because i gave away 3 bat wings now i can die in peace."
  • BuckaroooBuckarooo Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm starting a YouTube channel and I'm not doing any sort of giveaway or begging for subs lol
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Everyone's potential yt 'career' has to start somewhere. If this is the only way the kid can advertise, let them. You might hate it, but I think it's a pretty smart business tactic, pandering to your intended audience to gain popularity.
  • I mean i see it as you do a few giveaways to help give back and for content then i'm fine with it but when you're doing one every week just for subs you're basically just fake.
  • I agree that it is annoying, and that it should be frowned upon. However, I don't think that this is a serious enough annoyance to be banned.
    Go subscribe to my channel and i’ll Giveaway amazon gift cards that have already been used.☕️
  • I totally agree with lucaa
  • Advertise within CC? I think the guidelines is talking about another game advertising in CC or someone random advertising a game that has nothing to do with CC just so players can download it.
  • this entire thread is pointless; even if it is banned people will continue doing it. What's wrong with them wasting cubits on unfaithful subscribers? let old dogs lie people.
  • I have seen this ( lookin' at you latecom)but its not worth being made illegal,I mean I have done this but I just unsub after anyway and if the majority of participants unsubscribe afterwards there is no point for YouTube's to be doing it anyway.
  • Timberton said:

I have seen this ( lookin' at you latecom)but its not worth being made illegal,I mean I have done this but I just unsub after anyway and if the majority of participants unsubscribe afterwards there is no point for YouTube's to be doing it anyway.

Youtubers*
  • I am sure the game lets you promote your channel because on forums it has a discussion on it. The is probably talking about promoting another game.