Buying Machine

I have seen this suggestion but I can't find where it was.

Make a machine like a vending machine only have it buy a specified item. User will place the item in and get the specified amount of cubits from it. This would speed up the buying and eliminate the need for signs to tell players our buying list and the need to find the buyer to do the transaction.

I also think this would improve the economy as the player in need of cubits would get cubits faster than trying to find the owner of the realm then setting up a time and place to sell their items. There would also be less confusion than trying to buy a lot of the specified items in a cash register where mistakes and scamming can happen. A set price for a set item is so sure & safe imo.

Comments

• lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    No. We have cash registers for that. Imagine realms with 300 buying machines, each one set to buy something else. Cash registers would go extinct within a month since the addition of these machines.
  • lucaaa795 said:

No. We have cash registers for that. Imagine realms with 300 buying machines, each one set to buy something else. Cash registers would go extinct within a month since the addition of these machines.

If we have something better than a cash register, who cares?
    I would think this should have the owner put the amount of cubits in first, and wait for a seller to come. If not, this would start debt problems.
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited January 2019

lucaaa795 said:

I would think this should have the owner put the amount of cubits in first, and wait for a seller to come. If not, this would start debt problems.
    The buyer would first place the cubits in for the amount of items they wish to buy & after all the cubits are gone the machine wound just not open just as the vending machine does now when the items are gone.

Cash registers leave room for mistakes and confusion as people try to sell items other than what the buyer want to buy. Also sellers try to haggle the price and these new machines will eliminate this. You either sell at that price or don't. Also if a buyer wants to buy 125 of an item, they have to do 125 cash register transactions from 125 different players flawlessly and the other sellers have to wait which we all know never happens.

Note about cash registers; If a seller tries to hit accept and the seller closes the register, it crashes the game and all the people think they just left the realm and they do too which wastes a holla and all the effort is a waste of time.
    edited January 2019

lucaaa795 said:

Then everything will be about automatization, the only manual action one would have to do in his shop being to advertise via hollas. or maybe we can have a machine for that as well.
    Let's not make cash registers go extinct. They're nice looking.
    Intimate said:

Also if a buyer wants to buy 125 of an item, they have to do 125 cash register transactions flawlessly and the other sellers have to wait which we all know never happens\

They don't have to do 125 different cash register transactions lol. Most items are stackable in stacks that can go up to 20000 of an item. As for hats, that's 4 at a time. Usually, people just pay the cubits / drop the hats all at once (if we're talking about over 50 hats of same kind, which are in 95% of cases Hats worth under 200c each, usually under 100) and the other guy just does his part of the job.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited January 2019
    +1

I believe I supported this before in other threads, so I'll support it again.

I like the idea, though there needs to be a way to show what the item is, as I'd hate to have 10 machines all looking alike to have to go to to see what the item is the person is buying (and maybe not really knowing the exact name of something). Some option to pick a picture of the item to display when the machine is set rather than needing one item on hand would probably be preferable for those buying clothing items. Though frankly for resources, I'd probably have at least one on hand of what I'd like to purchase more of...

Agree you need to put in the cubits for it to work to dispense the cubits when the player puts in the appropriate number of items, and then wouldn't accept any more items once the cubits are empty.

My only concern is potential glitches with the machine that would make it exploitable and either remove the cubits without putting in the items or put in the items and never dispense the cubits. But if those could be worked through, I'd like the idea of an automated buying shop. *But I'm known to be rather anti-social*
  • No -1
  • Log_erLog_er Member
    edited January 2019
    I use to like this idea, but I now realize why this is a bad idea. An item like this would really take away from players communicating and trading manually. Vends are already great, but a buying machine is eh... non-social.
  • +1 This would indeed help the economy and streamline the process of buying and selling items. I personally like it because if the buyer sets up this machine and a warp food bumper, I can return to the buying realm any time I wish. I would not be pressed to sell something at the price stated in a holla, nor send out my own hollas to sell recources/buy vending machines. I would be able to shop around and see who I can sell my items to for the highest price.

Regarding the point where cash registers look good, they can be used for decoration. Shops will not be forced to use the new machine. It would cut out the problem of many sellers clamoring for the buyer's attention.
  • +1 for effort.
  • This would be a good idea but cc needs to keep players not push them away we already have machines that sell items for us we don't need one that also buys. People are already bored of the game and this would just make them more bored. People could get on once a week basically and just switch the items to vends...

Good try but the game needs more people not less.
  • I waited to respond so as not to point out any specific person on this rebuttal.

Most of you all have friends or can just add someone to setup a buy from them with a cash register. I can't add friends and I do wish to buy tons of cat sets. This is not replacing a cash register but rather it is opening a door that would normally be closed to me.
    I miss out on so many cat sets because I can't just TP to buy and when I do a holla, not all of the people who sell them are online, or they are busy at that time.

I have people tell me that they knew I wanted to buy them but they couldn't find me so they sold to another player.

So, I want to thank you all for locking this door that was once just closed to me.
  • Why can't you add friends and you seem to be pretty active so your not missing out on that many and i can see how this could be an ok idea but they would be overused and kill activity unless they costed like 50k.
  • @SirKewberth Please consider making a Buying Machine. There is a Vending machine for selling items and this is great for when the seller is off line and can still get people to buy items. I am always having a hard time buying items and it is even worse now that the cc web page no longer shows how many people are online. Few show up to a holla and few even have the items I need. I used to depend on seeing how many players were online as shown on the cc web page so I knew the best time to holla to reach more players.
    If there was a buying machine, people who realm hop would see the buying machine and can grab my warp food to go get the items then warp back and sell the items.

Idea for the actual machine would be: buy it from cc store, add up to 3 chests connected by glass that will hold 45 items that do not stack. Better yet, a glass row leading to 4 chests so 60 items can be bought. For those who do not know this, Prize machines can drop items if they are in a connected glass row up to a certain limit of like 20 or so. The item drops and the whole row inside the glass moves along like a train till all are gone. If chests would be too hard to implement, just use the glass row to hold the bought items.

Thank You :)
    +1 this is a must have.
    @SirKewberth