Issue with steam on the new 1.986 build.

Moments after updating, game fails to load, and sends a signal of “insufficient items to load cubic castles” and “missing x file or y file. Any one experiencing such problems?

Comments

• I'm having the same issue too...uninstalled steam and install again also cant... :V
  • PiousPious Member
    edited December 2018
    I have this issue as well. Install fails to include the game's executable.
    @SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Seems like this makes the game a Mobile only for the time being.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited January 2019
    I'm running the steam build.. Same version. It's what I use to play the game and I'm not having this issue. Strange...
  • hmm.. im still having not responding prob... idk why.. support say its could fix after server restart..
  • PiousPious Member
    edited January 2019
    I am getting the following error messages when trying to play through the Steam application:

As the second message would indicate, all the files but the application itself are installing. I have tried: Deleting and re-installing all of the files including the hidden files, deleting and re-installing Steam itself, then re-installing the game, deleting and re-installing on another Steam account, restarting the computer and retrying said processes, yada-yada.
    It's broken. Perhaps there should, as suggested many times, be an alternative method to installing the game. Ahem. As there was in the past. That, or the Steam download needs some work.
    P.S. The reason the file location is called SteamLibrary is because it is an alternative install location, but I assure you I used the default location as well to no avail. The reason there is a second location is because the support suggested it as a potential fix for the install. It did not work either.

UPDATE: Okay, so I tried deleting and re-installing everything again. I then went to the local file, and the application was there. After clicking on it, instead of launching, it opened a prompt that disappeared too quickly to read it, and then the application vanished from the file. It is no where on the PC. It just.. deleted itself. I also downloaded it to the default location.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Sounds like an old copy of cubic is still running. DId you try restarting your machine and reinstalling after a restart?
  • PiousPious Member
    edited January 2019

Sounds like an old copy of cubic is still running. DId you try restarting your machine and reinstalling after a restart?

Pious said:

restarting the computer and retrying said processes, yada-yada.
    It's broken.

Just tried it again as well. Uninstalled completely before restarting my PC. Restarted. Reinstalled. BAM, broken.
  • Yes I have same problems as pious.
  • Bump.
  • AidenPlayzAidenPlayz Member
    edited January 2019
    I had the same issue.
    It's possibly because of your anti-virus software.
    To fix it, turn off the anti-virus software (if you are using McAfee, turn off "real-time scanning" or make it so that the CC file is not executable). I uninstalled cc, as the anti-virus software detected a "virus" within the cc files, meaning it deleted the file required to run cc. Reinstalled it and all good.
    Yes false positive antivirus is a possibility for why this is happening.
  • I can confirm it was my anti-virus that was causing the issue. However, it didn't begin acting that way until this most recent version. Anyways, all is fixed now. Thanks, @AidenPlayz for the advice.
  • But false positives were the reason why independent version was put down wasn’t it?
    Why is steam giving this problem too now?
    It was one reason yes... Steam usually didn't have the issue. It may be there was some problem making the latest build. We're looking into it.
    We pushed a new steam build. See if it helps.