Sponsored Player Events.

SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
edited January 2019 in General Chat
NOTE - ** DO NOT SUBMIT EVENTS HERE! PM EVENTS TO ME ** I will not consider events listed here.

I will take submissions for sponsored events. Basically those players who want to volunteer to hold their own event can now do so with a little help and prizes.

The event submissions should take this form...

Event Name
Brief event description (1-2 lines MAX) - this will be used for voting which events get sponsored.. keep it brief.
Event Type - Parkour, puzzle, adventure, race, PVP etc...
Win condition - How do people win your prizes?

Example submissions
=============
Elements Parkour
Description : I will make a 4 part parkour map with each stage being the elements earth, air, water, fire
Type : parkour event
Win Condition : First 3 players to finish the event and hit the bumper will be the winners

Vampire Vroooom
Description : I will make a gothic dark castle race course for players to compete
Type : Racing event
Win Condition : First 5 drivers to complete the race in the final round

Puzzledumb
Description : I will make a series of 10 rooms each with a riddle to solve
Type : Puzzle event
Win Condition : Every player that solves it can hit bumper.. then 5 players will be randomly chosen

=============
DO NOT make it longer than this example as I need short descriptions for players to vote on. Submissions that don't have this basic short form won't be included in voting. I don't know how many submissions I'll get but I won't have time to answer each personally. I will pick a set of the submissions and put them up for a vote. If your submission is not in the first voting round, it may show up later in other voting rounds. The events players vote for will be the ones that are sponsored.

You can do it as a team, but only the person submitting will get cubits for the event. So you'll just have to trust your team captain to spend on the event or divvy up the cubits fairly. I don't care how you use the cubits. They can be used for the event items/rooms etc... Or you can divvy them up between builders or you can use them for additional prizes. It's up to you guys.

We will not help in running or policing the event. So it's up to you guys to design your events to prevent cheating or to not include cheaters in your winner list. You can ban players from your event realm etc.. using the normal controls. You can always ask a mod for assistance if one wants to help, but they are not obliged to do so, and I would recommend designing your event in a way that this is not necessary since a mod may not be available.

Budget and prizes - 50k For event holders, and 50k for prizes. The prizes will be given by us after your event is finished and you supply a list of winners. It can be 10 winners at 5k each or 1 winner for 50k. It's up to you guys how you want to do do that. Just limit it to max 10 winners so it won't make too much work for us.

FAQ - I will add answers to important questions here by editing this post
=============================================

Q - My event costs 200k just to build! the budget is too low!
A - Maybe we'll do higher budget ones in the future if this works out and you can submit your more ambitious event then

Q - I really wanted to finish my event but my dog got sick and wasn't able to do it. What happens?
A - If too many events are not completed, we'll probably have to switch to a different system or just cancel this as an experiment that didn't work out. Players voting will have some idea who can actually pull off an event so I imagine that will be one of the criteria they base their idea on.

Q - Can Mods host events?
A - Sure.. Why not?

Q - Can my event charge cubits to players entering?
A - No -- sponsored events must be free for all players who want to enter

Q - Can I exclude certain players from my events?
A - You can if they're cheating or otherwise disturbing the event itself. Otherwise events should be open for everyone.

Q - Do I get anything for running the event?
A - Not outside of the event budget. So this is a voluntary thing. Do it if it's fun for you and you think you'll enjoy it.

Q - If my event didn't get voted for can I resubmit it for a later round?
A - Yep - though I may choose to just include it again in later votes

Q - How many events will you sponsor
A - Not sure yet. I'll probably start slowly with 1 or 2 over the next few months and then increase it if it's going well.

Q - My event idea isn't working because of a bug or a glitch
A - You have to design your events around how the game is working today. If there's some issue like that, that prevents your idea you'll have to tweak your idea, or do something a little different. We won't be able to emergency fix things to fix your events.

Q - I forgot to place a warp anchor in the 3rd room and a bunch of players cheated and my event is ruined. Can I get a redo?
A - Nope. You are responsible for everythign in your event. Design it well!

Q - Will your advertise my event on official bumpers or doors etc? or do other work for my event aside from sponsoring?
A - No I can't promise this. Just don't have the time to help with player events outside of sponsoring. That's why we hired someone to run the other events. Because we didn't have time to run them ourselves. So players will be responsible for advertising their events, locations, and event times etc.. Maybe in the future we can refine this.

Q - Are we allowed to send in multiple entries?
A - Yes but to be fair I'll only put up for voting one entry you submit, so better to submit your favorite/best one and then submit a new one later if yours isn't chosen

Q - Are we allowed to determine the way the prizes are distributed within the budget that we have?
A - You can decide HOW prizes are distributed as stated in the rules, but it should remain within the confines of cubits split among winners

Comments

• Welp, ill try soon
  • That is most wonderful and look forward to the possibilities! Kewberth you have always sought to please the players and I hope this pans out ^_^!
  • PiousPious Member
    edited January 2019
    Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    So how does one decide the event holder's budget? Let's say X needs 30k to do everything properly yet he asks for 50k.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited January 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

So how does one decide the event holder's budget? Let's say X needs 30k to do everything properly yet he asks for 50k.

Buff the prizes maybe? 30,000c to building, 70,000c to prizes.

Also a question:
    Let’s say somebody has a prebuilt parkour that people enjoy. Could they just use that as an event and only take 50k to give out as a prize?
    U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Also a question:
    Let’s say somebody has a prebuilt parkour that people enjoy. Could they just use that as an event and only take 50k to give out as a prize?
    No I meant what if others ask for more than they need?
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited January 2019
    lucaaa795 said:

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Also a question:
    I personally think it's ok . People build an event and get paid , at least they ease the burden of admins
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

Also a question:
    We are voting for what events go. So I guess we choose good people?
  • Sounds like a good idea :)
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    How long does one get to prepare for hosting the event?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    lucaaa795 said:

It's a fixed buget. You choose what event you're willing to host based on the budget of 50k. I won't be policing how the cubits are spent so you could take some of them as payment for doing the event, or you could spend them all on packs or add more prizes. It's up to the event team to decide.

lucaaa795 said:

It's a fixed buget. You choose what event you're willing to host based on the budget of 50k. I won't be policing how the cubits are spent so you could take some of them as payment for doing the event, or you could spend them all on packs or add more prizes. It's up to the event team to decide.
    Oh okay. Makes sense.
  • Oohhhhhh I Now someone can help me on hosting the cubic world choice award :D
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    Would sponsered events be "advertised" ? As in be put into the Official Realm choice in the lobby search bumper? Otherwise... This would be pretty useless
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This looks cool. Might come up with something for it.
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited January 2019
    Eagence, give this a chance, it hasn’t even started yet and you’re talking about problems etc.
    Thank you Kewb! Hope this works out!
  • PaulineeenclPaulineeencl Member
    edited January 2019
    oooof

Eagence, Instead of you, talking about problems, Just eat broccoli. YUM@
    edited January 2019
    Eagence said:

This is already useless anyway...

How is this useless? You complain the developers don't listen to the community. Then, when they do you don't stop moaning. You kept on arguing about how there is no incentive for players to make events, how you wanted to make a maze and didn't have the funding, Now you do. And you still continue to attempt to ruin their efforts
  • Mommy! Daddy! Stop Fighting and eat your broccolis!
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited January 2019
    Eagence said:

This is already useless anyway...

Eagence said:

Yes like more problems..

Good ol' Eagance, bringing in some fresh negativity for all of us to enjoy.
    Go away.

Kewb, I like this idea. It'll probably become more refined and polished as it goes, but this is a good step towards involving the community more. One question I have is this: will the builder still retain their ability to build and remove blocks once the event is in effect? They could easily help their friends get to the end by placing scaffolding or other blocks to cheat. Maybe remove their build permissions until the event is over?
    The way I did it with Space when I built Pac-Spud was that he owned the realms and I was just trusted. Once I finished building, I was removed from the Trusteds list.
    Maybe you should buy and place the realms for people, or get one of the other moderators to do it. Then just put the builder of the event on Trusteds.
  • :') awesome
  • I really like this idea. Definitely will try this out if I can!

We can only submit just one, right?
  • I really love this idea. It will make the community much more active and we can do some cool stuff with this. Sure, there might be some problems along the way but I think this is a good idea overall ^^
  • Wow this is really exciting ^_^!!! I hope this gets a fresh storm of creative building to go, new parkours, new race tracks and the like being built.
  • Are we allowed events that require cars to participate? A racetrack, basically
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Are we allowed events that require cars to participate? A racetrack, basically

Vampire Vroooom
    Description : I will make a gothic dark castle race course for players to compete

Again, Will sponsored events appear under "Official Events" in the lobby?
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited January 2019
    gdog said:

Are we allowed events that require cars to participate? A racetrack, basically

Vampire Vroooom

Sawa! I told you that this was literally an example. Listen to Berry o-o
    Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

Pious said:

Sponsored* x5
    Sponsor*

• Can't this be a way for scammers to scam .-.