We are discussing the new sponsored events for some reason

Comments

• b3achyb3achy Member
    edited December 2018

This triggered me so much. You cannot go banning the negative views of a game, that is stupid. You cannot expect to never receive negative comments. This is something which obviously needs to change.

For me, I'm all for providing discipline and rules to keep order in a game (or in anything in real life). If that means banning to create order, then so be it since every other method to appease you people has failed thus far.

This entire 'discussion' has gotten out of hand, IMO, and HAS turned into a witch hunt against Space...and once this one is done (and will only be done when Space is removed and/or quits), then there will be a witch hunt against the next Mod of choice by you folks.

Bullying is bullying, and shouldn't be tolerated in a game, and especially not against the people in authority like Mods/Devs. As Scorto already pointed out, there are ways to properly deal with these things, and this kind of thread and activity wall posts really are not appropriate ways of dealing...all they do is create a negative environment, which no sane person wants to be a part of...which in turn drives away good players.

I never said there can't be any negativity in a game, but players need to be respectful and constructive when they have an issue. And if the recommendations aren't taken because maybe there are flaws that the player is too blind to see in their desired outcome, rather than constantly complaining about it, either live with it or leave...pretty simple. If players are going to start bullying to get their way, then yes, they need to be banned. You cut out cancer, you don't continue to let it live in a good organism.

I personally agree is it time to clean house, and it's not yet needed in the Mods as they have gone above and beyond this year to try to make all the complainers happy and proving to everyone that they are being as fair and honest as is humanly possible with the events (doesn't mean the events will be perfect)...maybe a house cleaning of the negative player influences is in order.

----------------------------------
    ETA:
    From the TOS...

Scammers Thieves & Bullies
    Please play nice. It's inevitable in any on-line game that people will try to scam other players, or harass or bully other players. Again, we'd rather not have to play virtual police, but we will if forced to. Treat other players the way you'd like to be treated. Players who repeatedly steal from or bully other players would be considered as violating the player guidelines and could face temporary or permanent bans from the game.

Guess what...Mods are players too!! It's in the TOS, and should be enforced! All I'm for is enforcement of the rules.

ETA a second time to remove the 'you's as it wasn't intended to be directed at any specific player in particular but to those that are always whining in general.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I am out for Space to change his ways, my main goal isn't to make him quit- I was being silly with that pic.

This discussion imo hasn't gotten out of hand, unlike most threads where people directly attack each other and go off-topic we're keeping this topic on topic. Don't try to remove negative comments from the community. Would you rather us voice our opinions in public or us keep talking behind Space's back like everyone has been for several months?...I'd rather speak my opinion.

We are not bullying. If I disagree with someone's actions I feel I should voice my concerns how is that bullying? I disagree with North Koreas way of running their country, am I bullying them?

Scorto has his right, even more so being a mod, to state his opinion but I for one feel this is an issue to discuss with the community. Kewb should know now I wanna keep my issues in a DM with him, but this I can not.

If you feel I should be banned for voicing my opinion then go forth and complain about me to support- I'll let you quote me.

If you feel it's time to clean house, I ain't replying to you no more. If you feel that I am bullying Space and I should be banned for negative feedback on events then you ain't worth my time.
  • U said:

There’s a few things I need to clear up before the main post.

• I decided to type this thread at 4am, so cut me some slack when it comes to grammar.
    • I am not taking any sides. I am simply stating both sides since the opposing to #ReplaceSpace has just been whispers.
    • If anybody wants to add anything to either side, but wants to stay anonymous, just send me a private message and i’ll add it.
    For #ReplaceSpace
    I’m just going to go over this quickly since it’s all over the wall.

With the recent Christmas contest realm looking sloppy and slapped together, it seems to some people that Space is just breezing over his job to get it done and over with. When the judging for the recent contest was finished, the winning builds did not seem worthy of the placement they received. A wide majority of players agree there was extremely better builds that where worthy of winning over them. Some believe that winners of events are picked unfairly, as multiple names pop up as winners consistently.

There has also been some rumors going around including:
    • Space using copyrighted banners in a contest.
    • Space having players build parts of his contests without these players receiving credit.
    • Space being paid for work others have done.
    (I can not confirm any of these rumors, it’s once again just what I have heard).

Against #ReplaceSpace
    Some players believe that due to Space hosting contests for over half a year, alone, he can’t keep them consistent anymore. Some say the Developers are putting too much pressure on this one guy. Some, (but not all against replacing space), say the Developers are at fault. They say the developers put too much pressure on one guy to host all their events. Instead, they should be looking to expand the event coordinator team to a few people (or more). These people also keep in mind that Space is human, and can’t run events for half a year alone, while keeping them all perfect. They remember how past events, created by Space, brought players back to the game. But, after creating so many great events, it’s tough to cover them all by himself.

Some people also believe Space needs to improve on his judging, and take his time when building events. But, it’s not necessary to replace him.

ONCE AGAIN: This is just what I picked up, I will add any new points from below to this post.
    With all due to respect
    I agree with U’s point that it is time to #replacespace and maybe promote more judges so the result of the events is neutral and not biased. So again I want to highlight that I am not targeting anyone but it is my point of view because from the recent results of the Xmas event I am pretty disappointed because I believe that there were much nicer builds.Lets not create hatred and violence ,forums are the place where people can share their suggestions and problems .

Regards: Night_Wing
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited December 2018

Idk about the pay thing since I haven't really heard much about this, but it seems like the best solution would be to not pay Space and instead give him help. Everytime players ask about when we will get more mods, the response is usually "there are already enough mods". But if Space is doing everything on his own and clearly not doing it well enough to please the community, then we do in fact need more mods. Instead of #ReplaceSpace (which has some pretty rude undertones) we could use #MoreMods or something :)

Yeah, its unfair to just ask to Replace Space when it’s litterally only him doing everything for events.

I want to mention, I did not create this thread for people to just fight. All the the people who are against replacing space - But for giving him more help have been silent.
  • Kewbin said:

:)

lmao..
    edited December 2018
    scorto7 said:

Eagence said:

1) Some of us already reported and they are informed but no action is taken about issues yet and there had been more then enough time to consider these cases... This case can be simply solved by replacement of space in less then a min. #ReplaceSpace..

2) No one is starting a witch hunt, no one go into Space's realms and start burning down things, or hunting him down to tie him into a chair and drowning him in water. We just state our opinion. And if this would been a witch hunt then we would find a witch for sure... At the end we have one in town XD But this is a peaceful activity, no intension to harm anything, people just expressing their opinion... I don't think its again't rules or foruming unless we live in 1984.... Is this an attempt of censorship scorto? We do understand that he is your moderator pal but we need to talk these things too. It healty for Cubic Castles :) Without stating problem out loud we can't solve it...

3) This is a common problem for us, not just problem of one person or a small group of people. And what you currently do can be regarded as kinda "rude"... You kinda "slowing down communication" of people. They just state their issues with space and maybe with others mods... Don't worry I am sure that many people are regarding you as a good mod, but it maybe better to not interfare for healty discussions...

it is funny how you interpreted my comments as an attempt to silence the community/
    You said it yourself as you all share your opinion so am i sharing my dissatisfaction of this topic.

I don’t think you realize half of us are saying we need more Moderators to help him out.
  • This is too much reading xD. It's all kinda repetitive, from a quick scan, so I'll just say how I feel. Space Fetus took the job quite a long time ago. I don't know PERSONALLY whether or not it's volunteer work or paid, so I cannot judge based on that. He brought us with a new events every week, ranging in many ways, for everyone's strengths. 10-15 people won by chance, if they hit the bumper.

Imo, some of the parkour was a challenge for little levels, as Space used skilled players as testers. That meant that the realm was full of lower level players, lagging the realm, and leaving the lower quality devices in there as well. So the players who had tons of skill, and quality devices finished, leaving a lot of players stuck. That was a problem for me.

Another problem I had, is that the events were not always done WELL. I understand that one person cannot do everything, but that's the point here. The events seemed rushed, and were not always as good as they could have been.

After that, we suddenly lost events. Space either got too busy, or gave up completely. But all I know is that Space made a post about no more events. Now the only events that we have are the building contests, drawing, and writing. So it's PURE skill.

To be able to judge these remaining contests would be hard. You have to lock each room, and run around the place, or read through/look at a whole massive thread. This takes time, patience, and appreciation. I've noticed that Space is running out. He no longer has the time for these things, and we end up with things like this previous building contest. They seem VERY rushed, and we all get let down, and a slap in the face. We get told "This build was better than yours". Or perhaps he missed it?

We need people to help Space, and I don't mean mods. We have limited active mods, so really it could be anyone to help. Space needs to step up and ask, rather than just give up entirely. That's my thoughts.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Ok, long-winded post here, but here goes:

Long story short: Stop using #ReplaceSpace because it doesn't reflect what people actually want to see changed. Call it something else so people stop calling it a witch-hunt and will actually start listening and discussing instead of rushing to help someone who we never wanted to attack.

Spoiler: Short story long

Can we all seriously take a second and stop using the #ReplaceSpace thing?
    People see it and immediately make the assumption that you all hate him and want him to like... die or something. If you want him to change how events happen, make the hashtag reflect that. If you want extra mods/staff to help him with events, make the hashtag reflect that.

It is great that people are rushing to defend Space, but the fact of the matter is that he hasn't really done anything that warrants an attack, much less a defense. But #ReplaceSpace sounds like a direct attack on an individual, which should not be the goal of this.

He's a single individual trying to do too much, so everything he puts effort into will suffer if he doesn't have all the effort to give anymore. But #ReplaceSpace sounds like we want him to end up killing himself trying to put effort into cc, which should not be the goal of this.

Calling for him to be replaced without first trying to change event layout or who works on them is jumping the gun, in my opinion. Events are bad, yes, but that doesn't mean Space is bad. But #ReplaceSpace sounds like we only want to be rid of him, and have no desire to change how events happen.

Get more people working on building events.
    Get everyone who worked on events the credit they deserve.
    Get more people judging events (to eliminate any chance of subconscious bias).
    Get more transparency from mods & devs about events and/or winners.

From what I have read, these seem to be the main goals of this "movement". NOWHERE IN THAT LIST DOES IT SAY "GET RID OF SPACE".

I vote we rename to #C-C-Changes (bc we all want cc to change and it can be read like the song :3), but really we can call it anything as long as the title doesn't interfere with the message.
  • Guys do you notice? Space fetusbdidnt do Judge Review Video Like Last Time
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

Ok, long-winded post here, but here goes:

Long story short: Stop using #ReplaceSpace because it doesn't reflect what people actually want to see changed. Call it something else so people stop calling it a witch-hunt and will actually start listening and discussing instead of rushing to help someone who we never wanted to attack.

Spoiler: Short story long

Can we all seriously take a second and stop using the #ReplaceSpace thing?
    People see it and immediately make the assumption that you all hate him and want him to like... die or something. If you want him to change how events happen, make the hashtag reflect that. If you want extra mods/staff to help him with events, make the hashtag reflect that.

It is great that people are rushing to defend Space, but the fact of the matter is that he hasn't really done anything that warrants an attack, much less a defense. But #ReplaceSpace sounds like a direct attack on an individual, which should not be the goal of this.

He's a single individual trying to do too much, so everything he puts effort into will suffer if he doesn't have all the effort to give anymore. But #ReplaceSpace sounds like we want him to end up killing himself trying to put effort into cc, which should not be the goal of this.

Calling for him to be replaced without first trying to change event layout or who works on them is jumping the gun, in my opinion. Events are bad, yes, but that doesn't mean Space is bad. But #ReplaceSpace sounds like we only want to be rid of him, and have no desire to change how events happen.

Get more people working on building events.
    Get everyone who worked on events the credit they deserve.
    Get more people judging events (to eliminate any chance of subconscious bias).
    Get more transparency from mods & devs about events and/or winners.

From what I have read, these seem to be the main goals of this "movement". NOWHERE IN THAT LIST DOES IT SAY "GET RID OF SPACE".

I vote we rename to #C-C-Changes (bc we all want cc to change and it can be read like the song :3), but really we can call it anything as long as the title doesn't interfere with the message.

@AshiMagari Well said.....

Maybe what we need is #HelpSpace. He is one person trying to do the job of 3 or 4 people. I don't know of any builders that could create a massive event realm, alone, in such a short time and have it be done well. If the community wants change, maybe push for a change to the current event setup instead of calling for Space to be removed or step down as the event coordinator. Everyone is always talking about fairness, what isn't fair is putting all the blame on Space when he is not really the one in charge, he was hired to do a job and doesn't seem to have the resources (help) to do the job well. Anyone that has held a real world job can probably relate to that problem. I love this game and many in the community and it really saddens me to see people turn on each other when we should be working together to make the game better.
  • HONEY BOMBHONEY BOMB Member
    edited December 2018
    Ahh i am confused XD
    If Space are sacked , who can hosting events for everyone ? You know , 1 event per week , 1 event has many realms , Many realms need many cubits , resources , and times . Also need time to announce the winners . If i am the hoster , i attempt working hard but get blacklash from community , that's mean i m doomed then i will cry and drawing circle in the corner .
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Too lazy to read any of the things you guys said. Honestly, when it comes to doing something weekly for awhile. There's a time when someone gets tired of doing the same crap over and over, so we tend to finish it faster and try to enjoy ourselves instead of doing something you get bored at. Adding more people to event hosting isn't a bad idea, Space would probably just leave hosting events every week if there's another person dedicated to do the role instead, or not since it'd probably be fun doing things together.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    So I've been watching this thread. Here's how I see it...

There use to be no regular community events. People complained there wasn't enough to do and so we entertained the idea of running more official events, and eventually we chose someone to run regular events. The hope was that would improve the game for everyone. These are free for all players, and on top of that they add millions of cubits to the economy and cost us to hold. It doesn't matter if space is being paid or not. I'm not sure why it's relevant to the discussion. Basically from our end we put in resources, and if the actual end result of that is everyone complaining, then it's definitely not worth doing.

If you're thinking.. no I don't want to end events, I want bigger fancier fairer less biased events the meet all my expectations, and I want them to remain free! Then, sadly, I don't think that's the end result of this thread.

Here's why..

1) We can't afford to hire a big team of people to run really fancy events. We're already doing what we can. I have not seen good solutions proposed in this thread. Mostly people complaining about a variety of unconnected things. I don't think players are willing to pay for events either. (am I wrong? is a 20$ a month event fee something you guys want? If 1000 players wanted to do that then certainly we could afford to do fancier events, but I suspect it's not the case.)

2) Based on past experience, we should not use player volunteers to attempt to improve events. Already in this thread I see complaints about who gets paid, and who gets credit, and favoritism etc.. These are not new issues. This kind of envy and infighting are precisely the reason I never used player realms for quests despite being offered many very good ones, and also why I have been slow to add new mods. I'm not sure I'll ever add new mods at this point to be honest. There may be no mods int he game eventually. If the game did grow and got a much larger audience, I would consider adding paid GMs when we could afford it or hiring more support staff. For now it's not an option. But anyway based on past experience, player volunteering for anything (testing even) has generally lead to more problems than help.

3) Bias in judging was a complaint back when Horus ran contests and now is creeping up again in this thread. I had to laugh when someone suggested those were the good ol' days considering how many complaints I got back then. I don't take this charge seriously though because I know how judging is done. For isntance, I've been part of judging many contests choosing winners. Also, I chose winners not knowing who had made the entry so I would not have been able to choose players I liked vs disliked etc... And not just me. A GROUP of us selected different winners. That went on to determine who won overall. Considering that multiple people take part in judging (and not always the same people) and the choices are made anonymously I don't see how bias can be a fair charge. So I can say with certainty that Space isn't looking through a list of entries and saying, this one was done by my friend so I'll select them. That isn't happening.

4) Quality - Here you guys have some legit complaints. The quality will vary on events. This in part has to do with how much time there is. So maybe some events have been better than others. I'll acccept that. But again the events are free, and there's a limit to what we can provide for free while still keeping up all the work we have to do. Space is only at this part time and sometimes his life outside of cubic is busier and he has less time, and he's been helping build official realms for future updates. One thing we can do here is reduce the number of events. That would allow for fancier events, but they'd occur less often.

Anyway.. right now I'm just thinking we'll probably pull back on the events since people seem unhappy with them. I'm not sure what else we can do. I don't think we're going to be able to produce much better events given the size of our staff and the amount of resources we have, so if the only solution is to somehow create much higher quality events then maybe we can do fewer events where the quality is a bit better or simply stop doing them. The whole point of doing these was to make your guys happy and right now I'm not seeing that, so why put energy money and effort into something that, outside of not being wanted, actually seems to be causing anger/dissapointment?

There use to be no regular community events. People complained there wasn't enough to do and so we entertained the idea of running more official events, and eventually we chose someone to run regular events. The hope was that would improve the game for everyone. These are free for all players, and on top of that they add millions of cubits to the economy and cost us to hold. It doesn't matter if space is being paid or not. I'm not sure why it's relevant to the discussion. Basically from our end we put in resources, and if the actual end result of that is everyone complaining, then it's definitely not worth doing.

If you're thinking.. no I don't want to end events, I want bigger fancier fairer less biased events the meet all my expectations, and I want them to remain free! Then, sadly, I don't think that's the end result of this thread.

Here's why..

1) We can't afford to hire a big team of people to run really fancy events. We're already doing what we can. I have not seen good solutions proposed in this thread. Mostly people complaining about a variety of unconnected things. I don't think players are willing to pay for events either. (am I wrong? is a 20$ a month event fee something you guys want? If 1000 players wanted to do that then certainly we could afford to do fancier events, but I suspect it's not the case.)

2) Based on past experience, we should not use player volunteers to attempt to improve events. Already in this thread I see complaints about who gets paid, and who gets credit, and favoritism etc.. These are not new issues. This kind of envy and infighting are precisely the reason I never used player realms for quests despite being offered many very good ones, and also why I have been slow to add new mods. I'm not sure I'll ever add new mods at this point to be honest. There may be no mods int he game eventually. If the game did grow and got a much larger audience, I would consider adding paid GMs when we could afford it or hiring more support staff. For now it's not an option. But anyway based on past experience, player volunteering for anything (testing even) has generally lead to more problems than help.

3) Bias in judging was a complaint back when Horus ran contests and now is creeping up again in this thread. I had to laugh when someone suggested those were the good ol' days considering how many complaints I got back then. I don't take this charge seriously though because I know how judging is done. For isntance, I've been part of judging many contests choosing winners. Also, I chose winners not knowing who had made the entry so I would not have been able to choose players I liked vs disliked etc... And not just me. A GROUP of us selected different winners. That went on to determine who won overall. Considering that multiple people take part in judging (and not always the same people) and the choices are made anonymously I don't see how bias can be a fair charge. So I can say with certainty that Space isn't looking through a list of entries and saying, this one was done by my friend so I'll select them. That isn't happening.

4) Quality - Here you guys have some legit complaints. The quality will vary on events. This in part has to do with how much time there is. So maybe some events have been better than others. I'll acccept that. But again the events are free, and there's a limit to what we can provide for free while still keeping up all the work we have to do. Space is only at this part time and sometimes his life outside of cubic is busier and he has less time, and he's been helping build official realms for future updates. One thing we can do here is reduce the number of events. That would allow for fancier events, but they'd occur less often.

Anyway.. right now I'm just thinking we'll probably pull back on the events since people seem unhappy with them. I'm not sure what else we can do. I don't think we're going to be able to produce much better events given the size of our staff and the amount of resources we have, so if the only solution is to somehow create much higher quality events then maybe we can do fewer events where the quality is a bit better or simply stop doing them. The whole point of doing these was to make your guys happy and right now I'm not seeing that, so why put energy money and effort into something that, outside of not being wanted, actually seems to be causing anger/dissapointment?

1) You don't have to hire a team with cash...I know for fact GreyCoralKing, who is an amazing builder, would help you build events for FREE- or pay him like 10,000c a week. I wouldn't pay for an event but I personally spend my own money to host my events, as did Hinter, my 750k I spent on the Xmas Event, 500k in pows, 750k for my current group building contest didn't come from buy/sell. I'll glady spend money to make the game more fun for others

2) Paying him isn't the issue, imo, I didn't see people complaining when Horus got paid- I am upset I spend hundreds on this game and I feel my money, which I work hard for, is being given to someone who makes sloppy events. I made a Christmas Building Contest and it looked 10x better than Space, took 2 of us 3 hours to build. I dread to think how little effort Space put into something which is official and for the whole community, I ain't supporting that. If Space did an amazing job I would glady support him. I admit I am one for complaining at your chosen of mods, but when you pick unknown players how does it work out?...Where is CubicMom? I never rarely saw her...That's 1 example. No matter who you pick people will obviously complain, if you're gonna let that affect the choice of mods then I am sorry. Cause this game desperately needs more mods. If we're on the topic of being paid tho, how come Slim never got paid? He worked hard fixing bugs, spending his own time IG fixing bugs, going on the beta helping you roll your updates out faster- I know you had a great bond with Slim..yet he felt upset that Horus was getting paid but he wasn't, now Space is.

4) I know he is a human, but again, let him have help...If people wanna complain about favouritism then that's silly. It's like me picking random people to help me build, I wouldn't allow it so I don't expect Space to allow it. People should understand there needs to be a certain level of trust to help and trust comes with friendship. Building Events is beyond easy, it's creativity that is the real killer.

I wanna discuss that last bit with you in PMs ^^
    edited December 2018

Here's why..

I want to mention, if you are never planning on adding new moderators. I am going to quit the game right now and never spend a penny on it again. That’s not a joke. Their is two people I can say that actually deserve to be Moderators. The game is so under moderated currently that it’s kind of ridiculous.

The game is already becoming in anarchy with scammers and rule breakers getting no punishments. I am being serious about quitting before it’s too late if you plan on not adding Moderators, and eventually having no Moderators.

There’s a few suggestions I have.

1. Pushing in more events like the egg hunt, and Halloween trick or treat. (Please don’t do the easter pow with the invisible egg radius again). These events that last an entire month have been amazing in the past and fills up a month of entertainment. I personally was a huge fan of the original egg hunt and looked forward to it every year, it was a sad day when it was removed. Note: I understand people cheated, but maybe support can check how fast the leaders got eggs in certain amount of times to see if it’s actually possible.

2. There are people who are willing to help for free when it comes to the game. Let’s take Grey as an example, he has been playing the game 5+ hours every day for years. He builds and does his best to help out the game in what ways he can. I am very confident he would help out on events. I’m sure there’s other people who are good builders that are willing to help out as well. You mentioned testing. Why not just get some people who are good at it, and promise them a permanent ban from everything Cubic Castles related if they leak new stuff.

3. Stop doing events you have to judge. If you stop doing events that you have to judge, people can’t complain. But, I think the reason people get upset about these events is the prizes. Mostly when somebody wins a huge prize people don’t think they deserve. Maybe lower 1st to 50k - 2nd 35k - 3rd 10k - and everybody who participated 5k (if they built something that had to do with the theme). This way it doesn’t matter if people think it’s biased, because it’s more for the enjoyment of participating in a building contest.

4. Don’t give credit to anybody when it comes to events. Tell these people that are asked to help out will not receive credit. Sign me up, I don’t care about payment, credit, or anybody even knowing I helped. It’s enough for me to just help out the game that’s been my home for four years. (I’m just making the point there’s people who just want to help the game whatever way they can). Believe it or not, there’s people in this game that don’t care about credit, payment, and what not.

Also, i’ll pay 20$ a month until the servers shut down, if there’s perks. (Maybe an exclusive monthly item or 500c a day).
    Eagence said:

Supporting the idea in 1. 2. and 3.

For 2th idea:

Suggesting Knop/Grey/Space for story & theme builds & maybe their team members...
    Suggesting Kewbin / CD87 for parkour builds as well as their team...
    Suggesting Ex/New OAA clan leaders/members as small game organizers...
    Suggesting obvious choice for large scale maze projects... He is insane anyway...
    Suggesting collective judging on official builds events, where one cannot vote or for his own group in judgement, avarage grade can be taken...

Car race builds can be assigned to someone skilled too, however I do think spacefetus's car race is extreamly lack of visibility and have too much obstacles to drive...

Disagreeing on 4.

Giving credit to a builder is a kind action, if you not wanna place a sign in realm you can always mention him/her in forum announcement... Asking for more credit then this, or giving no credit is generally rude in my view... Its also best to give equal credit on people to not cause drama...

4 is just because Kewberth said he can’t give people credit. I just wanted to bring up that people would do it without credit.
  • U said:

Eagence said:

Supporting the idea in 1. 2. and 3.

For 2th idea:

Suggesting Knop/Grey/Space for story & theme builds & maybe their team members...
    Suggesting Kewbin / CD87 for parkour builds as well as their team...
    Suggesting Ex/New OAA clan leaders/members as small game organizers...
    Suggesting obvious choice for large scale maze projects... He is insane anyway...
    Suggesting collective judging on official builds events, where one cannot vote or for his own group in judgement, avarage grade can be taken...

Car race builds can be assigned to someone skilled too, however I do think spacefetus's car race is extreamly lack of visibility and have too much obstacles to drive...

Disagreeing on 4.

Giving credit to a builder is a kind action, if you not wanna place a sign in realm you can always mention him/her in forum announcement... Asking for more credit then this, or giving no credit is generally rude in my view... Its also best to give equal credit on people to not cause drama...

4 is just because Kewberth said he can’t give people credit. I just wanted to bring up that people would do it without credit.
    ^ This can be called community event
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited December 2018
    *comes out of silence*

... I'd build for free :)

Practice makes perfect. Not everyone in Cubic wants cubits as rewards. A simple "ty" is all I would care for xD. It's how things work IG. If I build for a friend, I'm not gonna charge them. This is building for ALL my friends, therefore needing no fee.

And the whole "don't want favouritism", people need to calm down. If they became good at building (not saying I am, and talk to @Koekenbak , no one builds the same), they could help eventually as well. @-GreyCoralKing- is a great pick :D
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    U said:

I want to mention, if you are never planning on adding new moderators. I am going to quit the game right now and never spend a penny on it again. That’s not a joke. Their is two people I can say that actually deserve to be Moderators. The game is so under moderated currently that it’s kind of ridiculous.

There's also no simple way to vet new mods to decide who should/can have the power to ban other players as a volunteer. And volunteer mods can't be forcred to cover certain hours. People quit etc.. It's very difficult to manage.
    U said:

1. Pushing in more events like the egg hunt, and Halloween trick or treat. (Please don’t do the easter pow with the invisible egg radius again). These events that last an entire month have been amazing in the past and fills up a month of entertainment. I personally was a huge fan of the original egg hunt and looked forward to it every year, it was a sad day when it was removed. Note: I understand people cheated, but maybe support can check how fast the leaders got eggs in certain amount of times to see if it’s actually possible.

These sort of events require code changes. They can take a long time to put together and test. I agree they're great and more like them would be better but we don't have the staff to do it. Not now anyway. The game is too small to support a team that could churn these out regularly.
    U said:

2. There are people who are willing to help for free when it comes to the game. Let’s take Grey as an example, he has been playing the game 5+ hours every day for years. He builds and does his best to help out the game in what ways he can. I am very confident he would help out on events. I’m sure there’s other people who are good builders that are willing to help out as well. You mentioned testing. Why not just get some people who are good at it, and promise them a permanent ban from everything Cubic Castles related if they leak new stuff.

We've done player testing before. Lead to all kinds of problems and headaches for us. Leaks, jealousy, complaints etc.. It's not like we haven't tried these sorts of things. I've sponsered player events. Many times they never got finished. I think if players want to volunteer to put on events then they can do it. If other players really value those events put a donation piggy at the end of the event and let people donate so they can build more events in the future? It can be done now I think.

• Just pick people who are active, not those who have quit 2 (cough 3) times xD
    You could always listen to your current Mods suggestions for the next mods. #GracefulThunder & #WhimsicalFireFly, two who I know have been suggested and would be amazing mods.
  • You could always listen to your current Mods suggestions for the next mods. #GracefulThunder & #WhimsicalFireFly, two who I know have been suggested and would be amazing mods.

Agreed. Although Grace said she couldn't do it. If she was asked by STAFF though, maybe she would change her mind :D

@Graceful Thunder

U said:

There's also no simple way to vet new mods to decide who should/can have the power to ban other players as a volunteer. And volunteer mods can't be forcred to cover certain hours. People quit etc.. It's very difficult to manage.
    U said:

These sort of events require code changes. They can take a long time to put together and test. I agree they're great and more like them would be better but we don't have the staff to do it. Not now anyway. The game is too small to support a team that could churn these out regularly.
    U said:

We've done player testing before. Lead to all kinds of problems and headaches for us. Leaks, jealousy, complaints etc.. It's not like we haven't tried these sorts of things. I've sponsered player events. Many times they never got finished. I think if players want to volunteer to put on events then they can do it. If other players really value those events put a donation piggy at the end of the event and let people donate so they can build more events in the future? It can be done now I think.

I used to do events. Gave away millions. Then I realized the amount it cost. If you want to support some, I’ll get Grey and get a team going. Maybe i’ll buy more cubits to do events once the game is steadily moderated.

As for testing. Don’t give out the beta rank. That was the huge mistake. Maybe promise permanent bans to people’s account if they leak anything.

—————————
    Also, I hope you realize how many people are taking the comment about moderators very seriously.

• U said:

U said:

U said:

U said:

I used to do events. Gave away millions. Then I realized the amount it cost. If you want to support some, I’ll get Grey and get a team going. Maybe i’ll buy more cubits to do events once the game is steadily moderated.

As for testing. Don’t give out the beta rank. That was the huge mistake. Maybe promise permanent bans to people’s account if they leak anything.

—————————
    Also, I hope you realize how many people are taking the comment about moderators very seriously.

I'd join :P

That last part is so true. I feel like I'm walking through Rogueport *sigh*
    In the past one major complaint was mods suggesting their friends and people they knew for other mods. People generally were active when they were selected to mod, but over time they play less. Also becoming a mod drives the mod away from the game.

Look at the hate space got in this thread after becoming an official event creator. He volunteered to do it because he loved it and it was fun. At the start people seemed pretty happy about it. And I played many of the events. I thought they were excellent. Maybe some of the recent events weren't as high standard as others in the past, but overall I do think the abuse is undeserved. I'd would maybe ponder and think ok.. maybe Space wasn't the right choice? but it's exactly the same kinds of complaints Cortana and Horus got before. Now people are saying how good they were. I hope it's just negative loud minority but it can still taint your view of the game community.

People want to be mods because they think it's cool to have in-game status and they think they can help and they like the game, but as soon as they become the ones enforcing the rules the hate brigade starts. It's can be a thankless job and it really changes your relationship with the game.
    Well with that...I am done...

I guess I was right, this thread shouldn't have existed. I ain't going to comment no more. Do whatever you wish, Kewb <3 I'll just sit back and deal with all the hidden abuse this game gets from the players IG and on discord.
  • *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited December 2018
    Cortana and Horus weren't good if you look deep inside, there you can find the abuse you're talking about :)

Btw isn't it a mod ability to be able to get through hate and negative comments? We're not hating Space, just pointing out what's wrong and what could be nice to get into; at least, in my case.
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator
    edited December 2018
    It seems like towards the end, no one is satisfied or happy. Ya can’t win or please people because there will ALWAYS be complaints..Personally, I love that space is putting his time and effort into doing these events for everyone because there is a lot of people that actually look forward to participating in these events. And if players are complaining about how bad his events are, they shouldn’t be participating in the first place. Space does these events because it makes it more fun for players that get bored. In my opinion, this whole thing with bullying space is a bunch of nonsense and is rediculous. It’s funny how when you’re a mod, you get so much hate, but when a mod decides to be inactive, it’s a whole bunch of “omg I miss the old days, we miss this certain mod or I wish this mod would come back..” in the end, people are just two faced and aren’t happy about anything no matter what it is..there will always be negative nancies.
  • PixiePixie Pixie HollowMember
    At this point I understand why Kew has not added any new mods to the game with soo many entitled players who are never happy it's hard to want to put anyone though the abuse that mods deal with... I don't know space well but I'm sure all he wanted was to make the game little more fun for everyone! I can understand wanting new things in the game but to complain about something that wasn't causing in harm is just stupid and will get you nowhere...
  •   Angel  Angel Leedle LandGame Moderator

Cortana and Horus weren't good if you look deep inside, there you can find the abuse you're talking about :)

Btw isn't it a mod ability to be able to get through hate and negative comments? We're not hating Space, just pointing out what's wrong and what could be nice to get into; at least, in my case.

“We’re not hating space” but yet there was a whole post that said #replacespace..I’m pretty sure that’s hate xD there is a certain extent to taking a bunch of negativity for being a mod..bullying should not be allowed for anyone..