portal to Here or There

Portals should have different looks/colors depending where they go.

For example, portals that warp you to somewhere else in the same realm/room should be the same look as portals now.

Or, portals that warp you to a completely different realm/room shoukd have a swirly look, or at least different.

This would prevent accidentally leaving places, and when searching for seekers. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• I kinda like The idea, but what about when someone uses a stamp on The portal? (Like The futuristic )
  • I kinda like The idea, but what about when someone uses a stamp on The portal? (Like The futuristic )

Hmm good idea. I haven't thought about it through all the way. Perhaps the portals can get a small floating exit door above the portal telling you that it will leave the realm ?
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    This would defeat the purpose of door stamps as you wouldn’t be able to use them anymore. Maybe a symbol engraved to the top front of the door would work?
  • There are already 6 door stamps. The Cave & Chiseled Cave can lead to the regular looking door that has a color coded purple, blue or green stamp & the cave stamps change the color of the door based on what color block you place on the sides.

As for the use of a door to change floors, the futuristic door stamp looks like an elevator so if you use that, people will probably figure it out.

Then there is a neat invention I use a lot on doors. An Official Sign that tells you where the door leads to :). Official Signs are walk thru if they are place on the side of a temp block, so you can have the sign a little away from the door to warn people they are about to leave the realm.