Update idea: Realm advertisement boards in Cubic Town Center/ Overworld

XeymirXeymir Member
edited January 2019 in Suggestions & Comments
Edit: Since lobbies are going "byebye" I had to edit this lol

It works like this: Advertisement boards in the Overworld or Cubic Town Center, to advertise realms. like you interact with it and you see adverts there, and could pay some cubits (or re cubes) to set an amount of times your advertisement in will show.

The way advertisements would show is like this:

You pay to show your advertisement. You pay 100c to show it 20 times. So 20 people can see the advertisement for 2hrs. One person can see it infinite times for 2hr to keep people from spam seeing your advertisements away.

The advertisements could be like an auto generated image of your realm with a caption saying: Checkout "realm name!"

there could be multiple advertisements boards with randomly selected advertisements in the overworld, and maybe a few in the Town Center. The adverts change everyday.
Also, a menu to scroll through 10 ads.
So it's not chaotic, like pens, there would be multiple ads, and everyone can put up an ad at any time. Ex: Pay 200c to have 20 qbees see an your ad. These 20 qbees are the only ones seeing the ad. When they go to the bulletin board, they see that ad, plus 9 others.

To prevent people from spamming their own advertisements, you can only have one advertisement every 3 days. You could only advertise one realm at a time.

So in short, there will be bulliten boards in the overworld and Town Center, with 10 random ads on each that will have 10 random ads on each board all day. You pay c or rc to set an amount of players that see those ads all day.

Edit: you would also need to be at least level 15 to prevent spam

Sorry that this is long... I just wanted to get my idea out there :)

Comments

• This sounds like an excellent idea!!! And it would be controlled, preventing spam
  • I like this idea :D! In Maplestory 2 you can advertise and put things on billboards that can be visibly seen before even going to the billboard. It be neat if we could push our builds.
  • Exactly! It would be a very nice way to get yourself out there and get more people visiting your realm.
  • I like this idea too!
    +1
  • Cool +1 !
  • Similar to a old feature, the game would suggest you a realm in the chat.
  • The lobby really needs no balls, pedestrians only, and no littering. I keep seeing it be trashed.
  • TLDR; Maybe if the price were a lot higher to prevent abuse, and if there were an option for individual players to turn it off if they wanted.
    Spoiler: Longer Version

This would be okay provided that players have the option to disable these if they wanted. I know some people would love this, for their shops and things. But I also foresee players abusing this. How? If Player A has used their ad time but still wants more, they could create an alt (Player B) and just put a portal in their Player B realm that leads to their Player A realm. Or, paying players to put a portal of your shop in their realm and then advertising it from that realm. Plus, from what I understand, you're suggesting a single ad be played for two hours from the lobby, so everyone would see (feel free to correct me if I misunderstood). There would be chaos as people spammed to try to get their ad up. Think about when rentals in pens become free and a group of people spam the rental to try and get it. It would be a hundred times worse though because people who feel they were quickest could then stand in the lobby and bad talk the current advertised realm, leading to fighting and bullying. Plus, what if the advertised realm were locked? Now you have people who are angry that the time they could have used to advertised is being wasted by another player. To prevent that, you'd have to either jack the price way up (to at least 1k per ad, instead of 100c) or have tons of ads around the lobby, which isn't exactly picturesque.
  • TLDR; Maybe if the price were a lot higher to prevent abuse, and if there were an option for individual players to turn it off if they wanted.

Spoiler: Longer Version

This would be okay provided that players have the option to disable these if they wanted. I know some people would love this, for their shops and things. But I also foresee players abusing this. How? If Player A has used their ad time but still wants more, they could create an alt (Player B) and just put a portal in their Player B realm that leads to their Player A realm. Or, paying players to put a portal of your shop in their realm and then advertising it from that realm. Plus, from what I understand, you're suggesting a single ad be played for two hours from the lobby, so everyone would see (feel free to correct me if I misunderstood). There would be chaos as people spammed to try to get their ad up. Think about when rentals in pens become free and a group of people spam the rental to try and get it. It would be a hundred times worse though because people who feel they were quickest could then stand in the lobby and bad talk the current advertised realm, leading to fighting and bullying. Plus, what if the advertised realm were locked? Now you have people who are angry that the time they could have used to advertised is being wasted by another player. To prevent that, you'd have to either jack the price way up (to at least 1k per ad, instead of 100c) or have tons of ads around the lobby, which isn't exactly picturesque.

That's not what I mean. What happens I'd when you purchase an ad, you pay for how many players will see it. There could he multiple ads, because when you interact with it, there would be a menu that you can scroll through to see the ads. Only up to 10. Then when you rejoin the lobby, there would be all new ads. Also, maybe you would need to be at least level 15 (to prevent spam) So yeah, I will edit the post to clarify this.
  • Bump c:
  • bump again lol
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I Like this idea in general (though maybe not in practice since lobbies will soon go byebye). But I had similar ideas.. though I had thought town center at the time. Either way I like the idea of little player ad things in official realms so I'd like to implement SOMETHING along those lines eventually.
  • I Like this idea in general (though maybe not in practice since lobbies will soon go byebye). But I had similar ideas.. though I had thought town center at the time. Either way I like the idea of little player ad things in official realms so I'd like to implement SOMETHING along those lines eventually.

Lobbies will go BYEBYE? gotta kiss Mr.LobbyTree.
  • I'm kind of happy that lobbies are be going byebye. It'll be like the old days before everyone used the lobby. Players will naturally explore more. But... what happens when your realm decays? Will there still be a way for players to visit your realm?
  • I Like this idea in general (though maybe not in practice since lobbies will soon go byebye). But I had similar ideas.. though I had thought town center at the time. Either way I like the idea of little player ad things in official realms so I'd like to implement SOMETHING along those lines eventually.

Awww lobbies are leaving? ;p;

Maybe they Cubic town center might work... OR in the overworld?

• Xeymir said:

I Like this idea in general (though maybe not in practice since lobbies will soon go byebye). But I had similar ideas.. though I had thought town center at the time. Either way I like the idea of little player ad things in official realms so I'd like to implement SOMETHING along those lines eventually.

Awww lobbies are leaving? ;p;

Maybe they Cubic town center might work... OR in the overworld?

Time to rework for lobby, i will miss that giant tree lol
  • I just majorly edited the thread, so uh.. hope you re read it XD