White Dye

IntimateIntimate Member
edited August 2018 in Community
Upon reading past news I see that new recipes (signs, cash register etc)have been added that require white dye. The recipe and yield from white flowers have remained the same through these additions though.

I suggest that white flower in the recipe should be dropped to 1 as is the case of other flowers. Also change the yield from 5-10 to 15-25 like black dye is when it is made from combining coal with oil.

White dye can only be made one way and all the rest of the dye can be made more than one way. Also white dye is needed to make grey dye and can also be used to make pink dye.

Another idea is to introduce the wild flowers from deep forests to the dye recipes, specifically the white ones.

I know this change is very possible because artifact dust was just changed from 1 to 10 in short order.

Comments

• Yes! I know right :)
  • @cosmiccow @SirKewberth Please adjust the white dye recipe to one flower needed and bump up the yield to 15 to 25. Possibly add the wild white flower from deep forest too. The recipe is outdated and should take into consideration all the new craftable items that use white dye.

I can't make it fast enough to keep up with the demand for it.
  • It bothers me that I get ignored here. You changed the easter egg detection when it wasn't broken. This is a legitimate request as more things have been added to the game that require white dye and the recipe has remained the same.

Players want to buy white dye. I know this because they take my food and don't buy other dyes. They keep returning for MORE white dye. I got other things to do than to spend all day collecting white flowers.
  • lucaaa795lucaaa795 Potatoe's worldMember
    Intimate said:

It bothers me that I get ignored here. You changed the easter egg detection when it wasn't broken. This is a legitimate request as more things have been added to the game that require white dye and the recipe has remained the same.

Players want to buy white dye. I know this because they take my food and don't buy other dyes. They keep returning for MORE white dye. I got other things to do than to spend all day collecting white flowers.

They had a good reason to change the egg radius.
  • This a suggestion or a demand?
  • This a suggestion or a demand?

I moved this from suggestions because it was totally ignored. I am not in the ole boy network so I don't have the pull GreyCoralKing has. It is not a demand because I know that would go over like a lead zeppelin.
  • I am defiantly for a flower upgrade, it is something that needs to be addressed moving forward as recipes are added. I think it is important to work on past implements to coincide with the advancement of recipes. Off topic and what has been brought up as well are red flowers, the requirement of them in recipes and their yield. That needs to be balanced as well.
  • @CosmicCow @SirKewberth It is still a let down that yes you have added white dye to the dye pack but people do not believe me when I tell them because you have failed to mention it in the description in the store. I am stuck mining like crazy because people buy all my white dye and resell it at triple the price. White dye can only be made with 2 flowers unlike other colors that can be made with berry or flowers. We have all those unused wild flowers from deep forests that could be used to craft with. Even adding the words white dye in the description would help, but I would like the recipe to be 1 flower makes 25 dye.

Now as Grey has stated, you have added items that use some existing ingredients and red flowers have need of an overhaul as these are needed in too many recipes and require 3 flowers to make Fierey Potion. Dropping this to 1 red flower would be great as the Spicy & Sunny Potions only use 1 of each respective berry to make.

While you are in there, 30 deadwood to make 1 phantom foam? Wow, you are asking a lot from young children. Between complicated recipes and extreme mining & high prices in the store how can you expect young children to stay in the game without resorting to deceptive tactics to get somewhere?
  • I fully agree! I don't mind mining much, but white flowers break my heart. It takes 2 flowers to craf the dye and you can literally get 4 dye from that. I can craft 1 oil and 1 coal together (both are EXTREMELY simple to get) and make 23 dye. WHY?..
  • Liberated said:

I fully agree! I don't mind mining much, but white flowers break my heart. It takes 2 flowers to craf the dye and you can literally get 4 dye from that. I can craft 1 oil and 1 coal together (both are EXTREMELY simple to get) and make 23 dye. WHY?..

There is another way to make black dye but it requires the use of all 3 red, yellow & blue dyes. So to get 1000 black dye we have to use 3000 dye.

Note to devs; Please remember most players are like 7 to 14 years old. You invited them to play & I don't know why you don't take their age into consideration when creating the mining & crafting aspect. It is disheartening to us who have grasped the maturity and discipline needed when most who play have not. This doesn't match the economy these young players have created for the items needed are too underpriced to sustain a viable income for our efforts.
  • +1 White dye is normally the bottleneck in replenishing items such as directional signs (ex. left signs, up signs) and pixel. This is the only dye that is made from flowers alone, and it dramatically increases the labor required and price of all items that use white dye. Although I follow the belief that some things in cc should be harder to achieve to make it a challenge, dye should not be one of those things.
  • Graceful ThunderGraceful Thunder Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    +1 I hope this fixed
  • +1 -- would love if we could 'extract' the white from cotton...since we don't have any white berries to crush. Or even better...add a white berry bush to the deep forests (white because they don't get much sun in there)...and let us crush the berries in addition to the other flowers like we do for the red, yellow, blue and green. But something needs to be done as white is the most used dye but the hardest to get the resources for...it's quite frustrating as flowers are IMO the worst resource to have to try to gather (and why I don't sell them in my shop).
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited December 2018
    Here is a puzzle for y'all, Find the white dye in this picture :)....

Here, maybe this one is easier...

Time's up, there is none in either.......

• Intimate said:

I like the picture XD
    +1 white dye is the most demand but most difficult to get
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I dont have anything about the suggestion, white dye and black dye are probably better to have higher spawn rate

But i have a problem with you reacting so to the dev to be honest, you sound very demanding and you react like you are totally ignored by them... they read the threads most of the time when they get tagged, mostly when its in the suggestions place, although you havent done this... but most times they say nothing but they read it... you could have simply asked for an confirmation of reading on a POLITE way... but you chose for asking nothing and just put down mean comments to them...
  • I started this thread almost 5 months ago and I have asked for a change. Below is dye amounts and below each is how many white flowers were used to make each stack.

• LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited December 2018
    I support this very much as white dye is used in SO MANY RECIPES, yet the HARDEST dye to get. I'm not lazy when it comes to mining, but 2 white flowers should give more than 3-5 dye at a time. Hell, even 1 coal and 1 oil give up to 25 dye in one craft. I see people selling 20,000 red and black dye all the time for 500-1k Cubits. 20,000 white dye would probably cost 10,000c from a cheap person.

I'm not one to complain usually, but white dye's crafting rate needs reform. I think the recipe is fine, but it's too difficult and tedious to get when it's used in cash registers, assorted cut-o-matik pixels, clothing, re-dyeing plaster etc., while black dye is used in almost nothing and 6x the amount of dye can be the same amount of dye as white would produce in a single craft. It's illogical for how little white dye can be made from *2* FLOWERS. (REFER TO THE PICTURE ABOVE AS PROOF)

Please make changes to this in the near future. It's something that needs to happen and I think many would agree. It's not something major and crazy that we are all asking for. Its a simple request to implement a higher craft rate for one of the most tedious things in this game. Maybe it's just me but flowers take a while to get a good amount of. @SirKewberth
  • We don't have an issue with making all the other colors of dye so even if white dye is in the description of the dye pack in the store, people don't want to buy the whole pack just to get 250 white dye. To make pink dye, all that is needed is 1 pink flower and pink can be made using white & red dye so why can't white dye be made with 1 white flower? Is it because I failed to say please? Do I need to submit a support ticket?

I would use honey to get my point across but I need it to craft deco foods. All I have is vinegar.
  • Some things just don't get added/fixed iv'e seen other things with much more support then this and they were never added.

I like this idea though +1
  • There are 32 recipes that call for the use of white dye. I put these all here to show just how time consuming it is to have to make it.

In the same time it takes to make 21,600 yellow, green or blue dye I can only make 1,600 white dye. This includes collecting the white flowers/ yellow, green & blue berry.
    This is the approximate averages as I do sell out all/most dyes daily so I spend a lot more time than the average player making dye. I shouldn't have to sell white dye at 8 times the price of yellow. green or blue, but my time is wasted on white so I have to make it up. btw, other players sell white dye for 100/150c. I sell 100/75c.

Can we please have some balance now?
  • Well if you sell out to fast raise your prices this way you can build up stock and not mine as much. I do agree that it is harder to make though.
  • IntimateIntimate Member
    edited January 2019
    'Party' said:

Well if you sell out to fast raise your prices this way you can build up stock and not mine as much. I do agree that it is harder to make though.

I have raised my prices 5 times but this happens on a daily basis. Look at how much I sell everyday & most of these colors had like 40,000 dye in each color except for white & pink which only had about 3,800 each. This picture is before I got the cubits out of the vends, I made over 38,000 cubits today just selling dye I created in about 8 hours of work.
  • Intimate said:

I like the picture XD
    +1 white dye is the most demand but most difficult to get
    Ok, as a show of faith I put the bunny back in the box.....

...but then it got out and....

...RIP Bunny.
  • A player shouldn't need to be "a credible source" to point out/be heard, that white dye is used in 32 recipes and pink is only used in 14. To make pink dye white can be used along with red but to make pink dye from flowers you just need 1 flower and to make white dye only white flowers can be used and it requires us to use 2 white flowers.
    The reason not many people support this is because they are all too lazy to mine white flowers or that they can't see the math right in front of them. These are the same players who will spend 1,000 cubits to save 100 cubits on 2 vends. They also will holla for players to come to their shop when there are only 4 vends and the profit is only 100 cubits.
    Don't you think it's about time the white dye is changed to reflect the need shown right there in your own crafting page? Not only should it be only 1 white flower needed but also increase the yield so it reflects the recipies needed to make things using white dye.

This is how it stands now....

Pink Dye needed to use in 14 recipes & 1 flower only yields 5-10
    White Dye needed to use in 32 recipes & 2 flowers only yields 5-10

It should be changed to: 1 pink flower yields 10-15 & 1 white flower yields 20-35.

This is something you need to resolve & not just because I want it. This is so silly that it is ignored and that your fix was to add white dye in the store and not even follow up with a description of said change. Players who even know about the addition of white dye in the store dye pack do not need the other colors, they need white dye. If you can't believe a non credible source, just look at your own recipes page and see it.
  • WhimsicalFireflyWhimsicalFirefly Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Maybe you should consider leaving the dye business, it seems to be making you very unhappy.
  • The dye business makes me happy. I have well over 1,000,000 dye in stock and none of it is white. The devs need to remember that they invited young players to play and the game is still set on what it was back in the day when adults played. Yes kids can bug mommy for some $$ to shut them up for a while but then this game is not really designed for the 7 to 12 year olds that play.

What makes me 'unhappy' is that the devs make sure that all the things that make them $$ are working but neglect the things that actually cost the player $$ & time.

Bottom line to this post is that way back when, the white dye was not as needed as it is today with 32 recipes requiring it now. Just like the fact that white dye was added to the dye pack in the store but forgotten in the description. Recipes were added without changing the quantity we get from flowers.

Value matters as does values. Imo, both needs improvement to make cc a great game and keep players from leaving.
  • So, I made dye for two weeks, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple & black and have one million out of all the seven colors. Then I went to Forests Mines and out of six mines I went to, five were Deep Forests. I had not seen a Deep Forest in months till now when I am trying to make pink & white dyes. It is PAST the end of the year when it was said the Deep Forests would be sorted out!

BTW, I collected eighty four of each pink & white flowers and pink made six hundred dye while white flowers only made three hundred and seven. This is whack, imo

Maybe we need more devs and not more mods. BTW, didn't ALL the mods say "we don't need more mods" just before two more mods were added?
  • Sir BeckleySir Beckley Member
    edited February 2019
    i bought some of your dye
  • i bought some of your dye
    Thank You. Now if we could just get an update on white and pink dye to reflect the need so it can keep up with the ( added ) recipes that require them.