"A Christmas Carol" (NEED ACTORS & RECORDER)

iitssaera?iitssaera? Member
edited December 2018 in Community
I have decided to create a thread about this! Any who, let me cut to the chase. Around the 24th - 26th myself and others will go on stage in game and preform the play "A Christmas Carol," by Charles Dickens. I will need people to be on stage with me (of course) so, here are my requirements:

1. Must be trustworthy.
2. Must be in game during the 24th - 26ths (Not all days. At least one) preferably around 5 - 10pm Eastern Time.
3. Must inform me before hand if not able to log in game
4. Must be a good typer & fast typer. I'll be asking you to print out sheets of the lines you'll have to write, or find some way to read lines and type at the same time.
5. For some roles, you'll need a costume. For example, I would need Marley's character to own a ghost costume. But I will provide basic outfits for most of the characters.
6. Most important, this is a long play, around 30 - 1 hour. So if you want to join, please know that you'll be doing this for some time. It's ok if you lag out but we'd need you to be sure you wouldn't need to leave.
7. On the side note, pages 8 - 9 will be removed from the play.
8. I advise you to read the play first (duh, of course!). http://wikisincavage.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/48866474/A Christmas Carol Script.pdf

Cast of Characters:
Ebenezer Scrooge - Black Cape and Black Hoodie (Provided) (Main Character)(Taken by Hoph)
Bob Cratchit - Ugly Chirstmas Sweater and Elf Pants (Provided)
Fred - Reindeer Antlers & Reindeer Shirt (provided)(taken by Sp0_0ky)
First Spirit - Angel Wings (not provided) (halo would be nice, but not needed) (taken by *[]Mr Puppy[]*/Alpha - Storm)
Second Spirit - Beard, Santa Shirt & Pants, and Santa Hat (Provided except for beard) (taken by *jupiter*)
Jacob Marley - Ghost Costume (Not Provided) (Taken by SirGalaxon)
Mrs. Cratchit - Pligrim Shirt and Skirt - any wig (Not provided)
Peter Cratchit - Pligrim Shirt and Pants, elf hat (provided)
Tiny Tim - Elf Hat (provided)(Taken by *>Remo

I forget about the 3rd Spirit! I do not the he has any lines of speech but he's important to the play. He wears a black plague mask, black hoodie and cape, with a Scythe. (Not Provided) (taken by Alpha - Storm)

More Characters:
(You can choose whatever you'd like, preferably something basic.)
Ben Benjamin
Jack Walton
Young Scrooge
Fan, Scrooge’s sister
Fezziwig
Young Ebenezer
Dick Wilkins (taken by Tester #1)
Sweetheart of Young Ebenezer (Taken by *Jupiter*)
(You can be more than one character, as long as they aren't in the same scence.)
Coachman
Boy (taken by Sp0_0ky)
Cook
Girl (taken by *Jupiter*)

Again, you must read the play thoroughly to understand this. Try to make notes. If you aren't up for the challenge, don't go up for it.

I will need a recorder to be in game at least 2 times to record the scene. You'll be paid if you wish. (No crappy recorders, someone who has a good one.) One while it's live and one time during a rehearsal.

If I've missed anything, you are interested, or you are sure you'd like to help out, PLEASE (I am begging you, haha) to comment and tell me! I've never been this passionate about anything until now. Realistically, it probably won't work. Not many people would like to try out. But I will try my best to make this a reality!

Comments

• Welp, the script is too big to read and I am a lazybone so I could help you with stuff behind the scenes! ^^
  • I wanna be Tracer
    Fred
  • I wanna be Tracer
    Fred

For real?
  • I don't know..it's so long but maybe i could take a smaller role..don't know.
  • *>Remo<* said:

I don't know..it's so long but maybe i could take a smaller role..don't know.

Read the story and see if there is a smaller role you'd like :)
  • EDIT: Since it is too long, I will be cutting performances by ACTS.

Scene i—Scrooge in His Shop Scene
    ii—Scrooge Goes Home Scene

iii—The Spirit of Christmas Past Scene
    iv—The Spirit of Christmas Present Scene

v—The Spirit of Christmas Yet to Come Scene
    vi—Scrooge’s Conversion

There are three acts - there will be a 15-30 minute break between each.
    At the end of the play, many Pow Gifts will be exploded :)

• EDIT: People might of been confused with recorder and a actor. RECORDER is a completely different person. They will not be in the play, just sit down and let it RECORD the play.
  • I would join in but I ain't printing off 31 pages 0-0
  • Sarco said:

I would join in but I ain't printing off 31 pages 0-0

You can have cubic castles on one half of the screen and the script on the other side, or you could have maybe 2 devices and one to read the script. You don't have to print the pages, just find a way to read and type.
  • EDIT: If you would like to see the build, type in "furrypants shk" and go straight. You'll end up in the room :)
  • I can type at a maximum of 74 WPM in a good day. Other days, I type at 60-65 WPM.
    And is the role of Ebenezer Scrooge taken? If not, could I get the script? :3

I wouldn't need to leave, but I sure will lag out lol.
    I've included a screenshot of my typing speed test below. Just took it.
  • Hoph said:

I can type at a maximum of 74 WPM in a good day. Other days, I type at 60-65 WPM.

Yes! You can be the role of Ebenezer Scrooge! I will DM you about details! Thank you!
  • Only 6 more days :) if all spots are not filled up by the 23rd I will TRY to change the date.
  • *jupiter* said:

Only 6 more days :) if all spots are not filled up by the 23rd I will TRY to change the date.

*8 days
  • Hoph said:

I can type at a maximum of 74 WPM in a good day. Other days, I type at 60-65 WPM.

Here's mine :v (not accurate but faster)
    Also i think i will be tiny Tim?
    ts.PNG 73.1K
  • *>Remo<* said:

Hoph said:

Here's mine :v (not accurate but faster)
    Also i think i will be tiny Tim?
    Sure! Add me In Game & DM me so we can talk more about it :)
  • I could either be a recorder or a behind the scene helper
  • Sp0_0ky said:

I could either be a recorder or a behind the scene helper

I already have someone interested in that. We don't need any Behind The Scenes Helpers, but if you could tell other people to read this post in game (not random - people who you THINK who'd fit these requirements) that be the most help you could provide :)
  • *jupiter* said:

Sp0_0ky said:

I already have someone interested in that. We don't need any Behind The Scenes Helpers, but if you could tell other people to read this post in game (not random - people who you THINK who'd fit these requirements) that be the most help you could provide :)
    cri, everytiem.
  • Sp0_0ky said:

*jupiter* said:

Sp0_0ky said:

cri, everytiem.
    sorry kid xd
  • *jupiter* said:

Sp0_0ky said:

*jupiter* said:

Sp0_0ky said:

cri, everytiem.
    sorry kid xd
    why are you calling me a kid?
  • uhm, for me it's just like me saying "sorry, dude." ((back on topic please ;-;))

• also! if you want to check the build type : furrypants shk and you'll be able to see the build (i think i said this before lol)
  • *smol bump*
  • CALL DIBS ON FIRST SPIRIT
  • CALL DIBS ON FIRST SPIRIT

Ok
  • Just 3 - 5 more days! Please, if you are joining the play, try to highlight/print your lines, or you can just look at it digitally. Be familiar with the role you're playing. Thank you.
  • TacticalthTacticalth Member
    edited December 2018
    can be someone else cause medi wasnt lying??? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD i will be Bob Crachianhqkewjb guy
  • Sp0_0ky said:

can be someone else cause medi wasnt lying??? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

ill ask medi
  • *bump* for corn!